Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2021, 10:30 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Just wanna point out that that article is 6 years old now.
Yes...and time is verifying the accuracy of its predictions.
So...there ya go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 10:35 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Lets look at the facts.

Its more reliable to start everything of with an observation that matches what we see.

We are part of a larger more complex system that formed us. Most people believe that because it just makes sense.

The "believing in some thing none's" will always out number the "I lack belief and I don't have to give you any alternatives". I just hope that one day they out number deity believers.

It just aint that complicated.

Some people refuse to connect any dots and others seem to add dots. I think, instead of fighting everything because we are trying to insert what we want for the social good of all people, "suppress everything" or "deity", we might want to start off with the best observations we have.

Creeds, ten commandments and personal feelings about "sparks" are less reliable than observations.

Its that simple.
Your larger more complex system is badly malfunctioning if not altogether stalled beyond repair. Nothing too complicated about this observation either. Rather obvious in fact and as predictable as simple repetition can be.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
I know one thing

a choice between atheist creeds, cement theory, and atheist ten commandment's, and "a deity",

I am left in slack jaw disbelief.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Nothing about facts and truth and exchange of opinion here "bothers" me...

Why you always have to throw that sort of dust in the air I don't know, but you generally refer to the Bible as epic and oh so great and mighty compared to all else. The Bible, however, is not what it is to you here in the west as compared to what the Koran, Islam, is to a great many other people. This is my point.

The growth of religion has more to do with the growth of population and the inculcation involved all over the world (regardless the religion). That trend is not the same among the more modern advanced educated people of the world given what we know about the demographics of religious people generally speaking. Have you looked at how religions are predominant in some parts of the world, very different from other religions in other parts of the world? Why if you were born in Indonesia, the odds are slim-to-none you would be Christian rather than Muslim? What is your explanation for this? Have you looked at the demographics of religious people in all parts of the world? Not just here in the U.S. Always reads like you have done none of these things to gain the understanding you lack about what I read as entirely "western-based" perspective.

A rather fundamental, religious, western-based perspective.

Do these facts and truths bother you? If not, look into them! Don't take my word for it...
Meanwhile...the growth of Religion in this World for those reasons will have the same or greater effect & influence as it would for any other reason.
The premise of your argument works against your desires.
And you ARE bothered by it...or your posting about it would not be so prolific.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I know one thing

a choice between atheist creeds, cement theory, and atheist ten commandment's, and "a deity",

I am left in slack jaw disbelief.
I know one thing too...

There's just no shaking you!

Old 10-10-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Meanwhile...the growth of Religion in this World for those reasons will have the same or greater effect & influence as it would for any other reason.
The premise of your argument works against your desires.
And you ARE bothered by it...or your posting about it would not be so prolific.
"The premise of your argument works against your desires?"

Now that's another grand, vague, hard to understand good one! Sure seems to me it's your desires on display here. Certainly not facts, reason or logic in any case.

You continue to display a profound confusion about all this...

No doubt, no question, I am certainly not worthy or able to correct any of this confusion for you as you continue to ignore the facts, reason and logic that well demonstrate your "blind spots." I've tried, but it's like trying to plug a hole in a levee only to find three more beginning to leak elsewhere. You are right about one thing however!

Time for me to sign off from this forum again now, so I can get on with preparing our BSB. More than enough time and key strokes wasted here in any case. Thanks.

I'm not surprised how you interpret my number of posts and/or reasons for them. "Prolific" as you say, but I have always been a pretty fast writer. You make of that what you will of course. You are batting 1,000!

Foul balls all of them. Quite epic compared to just about everyone else here! What you lack in reason you make up for with consistency. Godda give you that!

Old 10-10-2021, 11:03 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Yes...and time is verifying the accuracy of its predictions.
So...there ya go!
So why did you choose an article 6 years old?

Old 10-10-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
So why did you choose an article 6 years old?
Oh, I see...it bothers you so much...you missed that the prediction it made was to the year TWO THOUSAND FIFTY (2050) and started FIVE YEARS BEFORE THE ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN.
And the prediction is proving true.
Try another "argument" that has some kinda merit.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:30 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Oh, I see...it bothers you so much...you missed that the prediction it made was to the year TWO THOUSAND FIFTY (2050) and started FIVE YEARS BEFORE THE ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN.
And the prediction is proving true.
Try another "argument" that has some kinda merit.
Why did you choose an article that was 6 years old?

Old 10-10-2021, 11:42 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Why did you choose an article that was 6 years old?
who cares ...

can you produce a newer one that says what it said is different now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality