Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 09:58 PM

18,759 posts, read 27,189,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
thank you for explaining further.

for me, regarding bold above, it logically does not follow:
if something is "growing and living and changing" then it is not permanent.
and if something is "living" then at some point it "dies." so it's not permanent.

my understanding is, that which is permanent causes (or creates or gives rise to or brings into being) that which is impermanent.
source (unchanging, no beginning no end) brings into being or outpictures the impermanent universe (which has a beginning and an end and does change).

Look at "permanent" as - not decaying, not dying, not decomposing. ROP is permanent in sense that it is source to everything that appears and disappears while, it always IS. It is "permanence" of the source to everything vs "impermanence" of that that appears and disappears, composes and decomposes.
ROP was before Big Bang. And will be after this universe will seize its existence. So were countless universes before it and so will be countless after it. But there source stays, same, permanent. Does this help? It is easy to understand, if one has sense of eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 10:09 PM

21,862 posts, read 19,015,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There are many gods in universe. Gods are product of human thinking and are very powerful egregores.

God is not equated to universe. Universe is subproduct of human thinking and development activity in the ROP. Aka, continuous creation.
Without human thinking, "universe", or the physical plane of the physical world, would have been amorphous mass of formless shapeless Matter.

Human thinking, in all its variety, gives designs to universe in all its grandeur.
bold above, yes i agree.
i do not equate god with the universe.
however that view is expressed on a regular basis on the forum. so that is why i referenced that view.

on a topic like this regarding existence, i try to avoid the word god because it obscures clarity, rather than increasing clarity. too many definitions floating around, for there to be common ground in understanding each other in what is being discussed.

thank you for adding comments. i get a lot out of your posts, and the views expressed therein.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I sort of understand your concept. In general, I'd agree with it. Though, there is no time in either Realms. Concepts of time are not applicable to what is perfect and physical "time" is completely misunderstood.
bold. yes. 100% i agree
time is an artificial construct.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Look at "permanent" as - not decaying, not dying, not decomposing. ROP is permanent in sense that it is source to everything that appears and disappears while, it always IS. It is "permanence" of the source to everything vs "impermanence" of that that appears and disappears, composes and decomposes.
ROP was before Big Bang. And will be after this universe will seize its existence. So were countless universes before it and so will be countless after it. But there source stays, same, permanent. Does this help? It is easy to understand, if one has sense of eternity.
yes. this makes perfect sense.
Source is one of the clearest words to use.

and bold above yes yes yes
always was and always will be

yes yes yes yes yes

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-14-2021 at 10:36 PM..

Old 10-15-2021, 07:05 AM

1,730 posts, read 732,119 times
I know I exist, because I can feel Jesus during expectant waiting and it gives me a sense of comfort, purpose (to love and serve), and permanence.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:59 AM

15,795 posts, read 6,858,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I know I exist, because I can feel Jesus during expectant waiting and it gives me a sense of comfort, purpose (to love and serve), and permanence.
Do you feel Jesus as a material object or as a subtle force?

Old 10-15-2021, 09:28 AM

1,730 posts, read 732,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Do you feel Jesus as a material object or as a subtle force?
Its hard to describe....maybe energy..., which is inside everything.... I can see him in the light shining off nature and I can feel him in me when I am deep in thought and achieve the right moment... I think there is a part of the divine with inside everything.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:17 AM

63,374 posts, read 39,639,230 times
Quote:
Its hard to describe....maybe energy..., which is inside everything.... I can see him in the light shining off nature and I can feel him in me when I am deep in thought and achieve the right moment... I think there is a part of the divine with inside everything.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Absolutely

Old 10-15-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
When you feel Jesus as non material within you that is one part of mediation.
When you sense Jesus in material objects, such a ray of light, that is the other half of meditation.
I am just learning to mediate myself. Your post reminded me of what I am learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality