Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 04:39 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Short answer: Yes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 11:56 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Yes, Go to a deliverance and healing meeting at a church which is having one and see people get healed when they pray through Jesus

Old 11-27-2021, 12:04 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes, Go to a deliverance and healing meeting at a church which is having one and see people get healed when they pray through Jesus
Yeah. Uh huh.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:01 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Question only relevant if you are a believer.

Anyway. We are all told to communicate and talk to/pray with God for questions, guidance, problems, to get stuff off our chest.

Does that work in the other direction? Does God communicate with US? Or at least attempt to-be it through happenings, signs, occurrences, or what have you? And we ignore at our own peril....or listen and take heed.

I don't want to, at least not right now, get into the reasons WHY I'm asking this....

Just want to know if maybe He finally did get through to me....or if this just a load of superstitious overthinking nonsense.....

Thanks in advance.
What is very interesting to me is to note this extremely rare bit of honesty about how anyone can sense what can easily be considered a sign from God while at the same time you admit to wondering if it's just a load of superstitious overthinking nonsense. Interesting and quite impressive.

There is no doubt in my mind that most if not all people who read signs from God (in just about everything and anything) do not allow themselves that sort of objective consideration. Wide-eyed, honest and sincere evaluation. As a result they handsomely convince themselves of what they want to believe and don't question what people like you honestly, appropriately and properly question. AKA confirmation bias.

My compliments.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:19 AM

The problem with these 'messages from god', is that all sorts of people have gotten all sorts of messages they attributed to god. And we all know how many of them turned out.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:20 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
What is very interesting to me is to note this extremely rare bit of honesty about how anyone can sense what can easily be considered a sign from God while at the same time you admit to wondering if it's just a load of superstitious overthinking nonsense. Interesting and quite impressive.

There is no doubt in my mind that most if not all people who read signs from God (in just about everything and anything) do not allow themselves that sort of objective consideration. Wide-eyed, honest and sincere evaluation. As a result they handsomely convince themselves of what they want to believe and don't question what people like you honestly, appropriately, and properly question. AKA confirmation bias.

My compliments.
Sadly, people like you handsomely convince themselves of what they do NOT want to believe and don't honestly, appropriately, and properly evaluate what so many people do experience. AKA confirmation bias.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:33 AM

16,756 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, people like you handsomely convince themselves of what they do NOT want to believe and don't honestly, appropriately, and properly evaluate what so many people do experience. AKA confirmation bias.
It has nothing to do with not wanting to believe. It is all to do with the very bad arguments people like you use.

You really need to stop misrepresenting people.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It has nothing to do with not wanting to believe. It is all to do with the very bad arguments people like you use.

You really need to stop misrepresenting people.
The problem is that I think most of have confirmation bias to some degree. In fact, I think if all the people who have confirmation bias stopped posting, the forum would be empty.

Sometimes some of us break through some particular confirmation bias, but may very well end up in another confirmation bias.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:30 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The problem is that I think most of have confirmation bias to some degree. In fact, I think if all the people who have confirmation bias stopped posting, the forum would be empty.

Sometimes some of us break through some particular confirmation bias, but may very well end up in another confirmation bias.
I recall someone on the board some years ago claiming that when a couple of balloons that said "I love you"(like you might get with flowers) blew into their yard... It was a sign from God and affirmed something for them regarding God.

So one man's "blowing trash" is another man's "sign from God". Kind of a twist on the junk/treasure thing.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I recall someone on the board some years ago claiming that when a couple of balloons that said "I love you"(like you might get with flowers) blew into their yard... It was a sign from God and affirmed something for them regarding God.

So one man's "blowing trash" is another man's "sign from God". Kind of a twist on the junk/treasure thing.
Or how about christ in toast, and similar things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality