Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 07:13 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You have an uncanny talent to twist posts out of shape so you can make a twisted argument.
No, your hypocrisy was explained correctly.

Quote:
I have not seen you winning a single argument in any thread, in any forum.
Your usual dishonest dismissal when you get sussed for being fake.

Quote:
There is no joy in your posts. A dialog seems impossible with you.
You do not want dialog.

Quote:
So I may just have to stop responding to you. Sorry.
Good girl, the more you avoid stepping in the ring, the more defeats you avoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 08:41 AM

884 posts, read 356,625 times
Quote:
You have an uncanny talent to twist posts out of shape so you can make a twisted argument. I have not seen you winning a single argument in any thread, in any forum. There is no joy in your posts. A dialog seems impossible with you. So I may just have to stop responding to you. Sorry.
Certainly it is better is you stop responding to me, I'm not a fan of people who arrogantly use faulty logic. My posts are for the more rational and able readers to see the fault in your posts.

Plenty other than me can see the broken logic and hypocrisy you use. Multiple people have commented on it.

Old 11-29-2021, 08:55 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Everything is perception and everyone has one. Nobody owns the Truth so nobody perceives any better. Yes there is an argument here and yours is false is all.
"Nobody owns the truth, so nobody perceives any better?"

If this isn't some "interesting" logic I don't know what is!

Why is the word truth capitalized I also wonder...

Old 11-29-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter600 View Post
Your first say nobody owns the truth and nobody perceives any better. Then definitively say that the other posters is false (which suggests you do perceive better and yours it the correct truth).

Hypocrisy and contradiction in the space of two sentences in the same post.
Among other things! Impressive observation. Perhaps your perception is no better than anyone else's. Perhaps because you don't own perception, but I for one think your observation here is above average for those posting in this forum. My compliments and thanks for pointing this out as well. Even if your comment "falls on deaf ears."

Old 11-29-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Y'all. Truth is truth whether our perception of it allows us to see it or not.
Now we're getting somewhere...

Old 11-29-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Certainly it is better is you stop responding to me, I'm not a fan of people who arrogantly use faulty logic. My posts are for the more rational and able readers to see the fault in your posts.

Plenty other than me can see the broken logic and hypocrisy you use. Multiple people have commented on it.
No one should expert a mother to perceive their baby to be ugly even if/when most everyone else can. Pretty well pointless to point out the imperfections too. No matter how many or how profound.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:07 AM

884 posts, read 356,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Among other things! Impressive observation. Perhaps your perception is no better than anyone else's. Perhaps because you don't own perception, but I for one think your observation here is above average for those posting in this forum. My compliments and thanks for pointing this out as well. Even if your comment "falls on deaf ears."
Thanks. The topics at hand are complicated - does God exist and so on. But there are simpler pieces of logic - like expecting a post to be self consistent.

This position is consistent (not necessarily true, but at least consistent):

Everything is perception and everyone has one. Nobody owns the Truth so nobody perceives any better. Yes there is an argument here and yours is equally valid as mine.

Everything is perception and everyone has one. However some perceptions are true and some are not. Yes there is an argument here and yours is false.

This position is inconsistent (and hence cannot be true - it disagrees with itself):

Everything is perception and everyone has one. Nobody owns the Truth so nobody perceives any better. Yes there is an argument here and yours is false is all.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks. The topics at hand are complicated - does God exist and so on. But there are simpler pieces of logic - like expecting a post to be self consistent.

Everything is perception and everyone has one. Nobody owns the Truth so nobody perceives any better. Yes there is an argument here and yours is equally valid as mine.

Everything is perception and everyone has one. However some perceptions are true and some are not. Yes there is an argument here and yours is false.

This position is inconsistent (and hence cannot be true - it disagrees with itself):

Right. No doubt past time for me to sign off now. Until again tomorrow perhaps. Here's to the consistent inconsistencies...

Old 11-29-2021, 11:25 AM

895 posts, read 474,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is virtually no chance we can reach the level of logic and reason we'd all like to think we apply in our thinking. What you ignore is that because of the way our minds work, we all MUST establish a baseline about Reality despite the fact that it is UNKNOWN!

Our choice of that baseline is what skews ALL our perceptions and interpretations of whatever we learn about Reality. It is inescapable, but you seem to think your baseline is the only rational or acceptable one. Sadly, everyone does that despite it being UNKNOWN.
And don't you preach in nearly every response that YOUR reality is the correct one? That you KNOW it's truth rather than skewed perceptions and interpretations, due to an experience you had in meditation 3 times. When it too MUST be classified as UNKNOWN, while you continue to BELIEVE it to be the most correct interpretation, it is still an interpretation none the less. So are you saying that YOU TOO behave this way and tromp on everyone else's beliefs and opinions because you got it right?

Old 11-29-2021, 12:21 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyno View Post
And don't you preach in nearly every response that YOUR reality is the correct one? That you KNOW it's truth rather than skewed perceptions and interpretations, due to an experience you had in meditation 3 times. When it too MUST be classified as UNKNOWN, while you continue to BELIEVE it to be the most correct interpretation, it is still an interpretation nonetheless. So are you saying that YOU TOO behave this way and tromp on everyone else's beliefs and opinions because you got it right?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality