Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 10:06 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
I for one would be interested in hearing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That would be great. We can wait.

I didn't know too much science isn't allowed here. Bummer. I think the link between science and spirituality is the crux of the whole thing, and eminently worth discussing. Indeed: in need of discussion. Very "cutting edge".
Ok cool. I will try. It's not going to be today. Maybe a few days, or a week. I need some time away from the forum anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 10:14 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Thanks for your perspective. The matter gets into the whole issue of "what is consciousness", and "is it confined to the body". Scientists have posited, that Consciousness pervades the Universe. They say the same thing bout electricity: the Universe is electric. That's a very interesting (potential) association: a mere coincidence that both Consciousness and electricity are all-pervasive?
What happens to our consciousness when we die? If consciousness is a form of energy (i.e. neither created nor destroyed), does it blend back into the background Consciousness of the Universe? What's going on with that?
If one believes , as some of us do, that there is ONLY Consciousness and it pervades everything, there is nothing that it does not pervade, then electricity is within Consciousness, not separate, as our our own individual mind-conciousneses are as well as it is of the same substance. Consciousness itself has no parts.
Bolded : yes exactly. Except it does not blend into anything, it was never separate.

Old 11-16-2021, 10:21 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
I for one would be interested in hearing it.
Me, too.

Old 11-16-2021, 01:09 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,429 times
Quote:
That would be great. We can wait.

I didn't know too much science isn't allowed here. Bummer. I think the link between science and spirituality is the crux of the whole thing, and eminently worth discussing. Indeed: in need of discussion. Very "cutting edge".
As far as I know science is allowed as long as it pertains to theology. I don't think debating the legitimacy of accepted science is allowed .

Old 11-16-2021, 04:14 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
If one believes , as some of us do, that there is ONLY Consciousness and it pervades everything, there is nothing that it does not pervade, then electricity is within Consciousness, not separate, as our our own individual mind-conciousneses are as well as it is of the same substance. Consciousness itself has no parts.
Bolded : yes exactly. Except it does not blend into anything, it was never separate.
Thank you! I was heading in that direction with my post, but stopped short. Bless you! ♥

Old 11-16-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I was heading in that direction with my post, but stopped short. Bless you! ♥
Thank you! Such an enthusiastic affirmation was unexpected! Glad that it answered some question for you.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:26 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Thanks for your perspective. The matter gets into the whole issue of "what is consciousness", and "is it confined to the body". Scientists have posited, that Consciousness pervades the Universe. They say the same thing bout electricity: the Universe is electric. That's a very interesting (potential) association: a mere coincidence that both Consciousness and electricity are all-pervasive?
What happens to our consciousness when we die? If consciousness is a form of energy (i.e. neither created nor destroyed), does it blend back into the background Consciousness of the Universe? What's going on with that?
Consciousness is a field phenomenon as is electromagnetic radiation. The difference is that EM radiation remains differentiated whereas our individual consciousness is an undifferentiated single quantum entity (bubble of BEC within the quantum foam). The field within which they BOTH exist and manifest is itself a cosmic consciousness or what we refer to as the spacetime field (or quantum foam) that comprises 95+% of our observable universe.

What we consider our material reality is less than 5% of our observable and measurable universe. The 95+% exists at the high energy level of quanta making it invisible to us. It is the spiritual level of existence and cannot be perceived from our low energy macro level of molecular existence. We exist like bystanders in a universe that exists at such high energy levels that can only be detected indirectly at most as blurs of energy.

I analogize our molecular existence using speed. Our frequency of vibration can be considered the "speed" at which we exist. Our macro molecular existence is analogous to being on the side of a road as supersonic cars flash past us. We cannot see them as cars unless we are in a car at the same "speed" on the road. Our molecular frequency limits us from observing the 95+% spiritual realm while our consciousness is tethered to the 5% physical level by our sensory system at its slow molecular "speed."

Old 11-17-2021, 09:07 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Thank you! Such an enthusiastic affirmation was unexpected! Glad that it answered some question for you.
Where can I read more about that, explained in something close to layman's terms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD;
Consciousness is a field phenomenon as is electromagnetic radiation. The difference is that EM radiation remains differentiated whereas our individual consciousness is an undifferentiated single quantum entity (bubble of BEC within the quantum foam). The field within which they BOTH exist and manifest is itself a cosmic consciousness or what we refer to as the spacetime field (or quantum foam) that comprises 95+% of our observable universe.

What we consider our material reality is less than 5% of our observable and measurable universe. The 95+% exists at the high energy level of quanta making it invisible to us. It is the spiritual level of existence and cannot be perceived from our low energy macro level of molecular existence. We exist like bystanders in a universe that exists at such high energy levels that can only be detected indirectly at most as blurs of energy.

I analogize our molecular existence using speed. Our frequency of vibration can be considered the "speed" at which we exist. Our macro molecular existence is analogous to being on the side of a road as supersonic cars flash past us. We cannot see them as cars unless we are in a car at the same "speed" on the road. Our molecular frequency limits us from observing the 95+% spiritual realm while our consciousness is tethered to the 5% physical level by our sensory system at its slow molecular "speed."
See? Did I say we need a thread on the interface between science and spirituality? Yes, I did. VOILA! Two examples among several recent ones on the thread. Thank you guys for your contributions. Keep 'em coming.

Old 11-17-2021, 09:25 AM

895 posts, read 475,692 times
I'm more inclined to classify god(s) as a property or product of the universe, not the other way around, nor do I conflate them as synonymous. I'm not suggesting I believe in the existence of a god, only that I accept some people believe there is at least one. I see god, somewhat like Neo as described by the Architect in the movie the Matrix; god 'is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the' development of the human mind. When questions can not be immediately answered, an answer is still needed by the human mind, and god(s) do a spectacular job of filling that role, because they can be whatever the individual needs and can be redefined dynamically as required. A person's god always fits them perfectly, but not because god designed the person, but because the person defined the god. The reason god(s) is so varied isn't because god is THE SINGLE TRUTH, but rather because everyone is looking for THEIR TRUTH, Ala many gods.

Last edited by Cyno; 11-17-2021 at 10:46 AM..

Old 11-17-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Where can I read more about that, explained in something close to layman's terms?

See? Did I say we need a thread on the interface between science and spirituality? Yes, I did. VOILA! Two examples among several recent ones on the thread. Thank you guys for your contributions. Keep 'em coming.
You can learn more about what I said, the foundation for it, in Advaita, a school of philosophy in Hinduism. What i find that inspires awe in me is how Science is discovering the same things that the ancients texts state. Such as about the Oneness and the mind; about illusions and delusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality