Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 08:20 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There are so many things I am thankful for, but this year the most important is that my precious wife survived Stage 3 colon cancer, surgery, and chemotherapy with minimal side effects. Avoiding the pandemic at our advanced ages and medical conditions comes in second. I especially appreciate the CD forum for making our cabin fever during this pandemic less onerous. Bless you all.
Wow I didn't know Mystic. Sending your wife and yourself best wishes. Xxx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2021, 09:27 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
There are so many things I am thankful for, but this year the most important is that my precious wife survived Stage 3 colon cancer, surgery, and chemotherapy with minimal side effects. Avoiding the pandemic at our advanced ages and medical conditions comes in second. I especially appreciate the CD forum for making our cabin fever during this pandemic less onerous. Bless you all.
Bless you and your wife, too, Mystic. You definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year!

Old 11-25-2021, 09:29 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all.

Whatever you are doing today, I wish all of you here health and happiness.
It's beautiful sunny morning here in NY watching thr Macy parade on TV.

Cheers!
I didn't realize you were a New Yorker, Cruithne. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE New York! I've been there nine times and just need to go every few years to get my New York fix!

Old 11-25-2021, 09:30 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all.

Whatever you are doing today, I wish all of you here health and happiness.
It's beautiful sunny morning here in NY watching thr Macy parade on TV.

Cheers!
I too am in New York, on the Island Of Long , also watching the parade. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Yes, beautiful weather!

Grateful to be with my daughter, my granddog, and grandcat for the first time since Easter.

Old 11-25-2021, 10:04 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Awesome! Here's to the good fight!

A second about the CD forum as well. Sometimes I think this forum gives me a bit of that sense of community that is often mentioned by others in this forum. Not quite the same as rubbing shoulders with people in person of course, but it is a pleasure mixing with others here such as it is. What's become something of a morning ritual for me as of late.

A good gobble gobble to you and yours today and well into the future. You, yours and everyone else fortunate enough to do so as best we can all manage.

Sincerely,

LM

Old 11-25-2021, 10:08 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I didn't realize you were a New Yorker, Cruithne. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE New York! I've been there nine times and just need to go every few years to get my New York fix!
Us too! We were just there in early July, and as many times as we've been there before, we always long to go back again. As I always say, "what a city!" Our daughter is now interviewing for a job that would have her move from here in the Bay Area to NYC. While my wife and I don't really like the idea of having our daughter so much further away, I keep making the point that we'd have all the more reason to go to New York and enjoy it all the more. Our daughter is a huge fan of NYC as well. Fingers crossed for her!

Old 11-25-2021, 11:17 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Us too! We were just there in early July, and as many times as we've been there before, we always long to go back again. As I always say, "what a city!" Our daughter is now interviewing for a job that would have her move from here in the Bay Area to NYC. While my wife and I don't really like the idea of having our daughter so much further away, I keep making the point that we'd have all the more reason to go to New York and enjoy it all the more. Our daughter is a huge fan of NYC as well. Fingers crossed for her!
Worked in the city for 37 years (except for a couple of years when they stashed us across the creek in Jersey City after somebody flew a plane into our offices), and there is no place like it. Have not been back since January of 2020, except for driving through Staten Island and Brooklyn yesterday, as there is no way to travel the 100 miles between my home in NJ and my daughter's on Long Island without going through some part of the city.

Well, she's only 50 miles across the Atlantic Ocean, but that just isn't practical. Love to swim, but not that far.

Old 11-25-2021, 01:21 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Awesome! Here's to the good fight!

A second about the CD forum as well. Sometimes I think this forum gives me a bit of that sense of community that is often mentioned by others in this forum. Not quite the same as rubbing shoulders with people in person of course, but it is a pleasure mixing with others here such as it is. What's become something of a morning ritual for me as of late.

A good gobble gobble to you and yours today and well into the future. You, yours and everyone else fortunate enough to do so as best we can all manage.

Sincerely,
LM
Enjoy your Thanksgiving, LearnMe.

Old 11-25-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
We have been in NY almost exactly 7 years now. Moved to the US 10 years ago. It was your classic 'ah we will go for 3 years to try it' and still here. Yes NY is a pretty special place. I love it for the art culture and the art deco architecture. Still have to pinch myself that we got the opportunity to live here. Another thing to be thankful for.

Old 11-25-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Best of luck to her. You can still snap up a bargain apartment here at the moment since a lot of people moved out when covid hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality