Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 05:33 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I wouldn't know what or how things will be without Consciousness, Mystic. All I know is it is the way it is.
I know, grasshopper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 06:05 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
I don’t get your 6th point. Conciousness in the Cosmic level is undivided, unbroken, pervades all. That is its essence, the only Truth. The only Existence. There is nothing else. No units and substances.
What it most certainly not is Creator God as in the Abrahamic religion. It does not create anything, does not control anything, it is IN the creation, all of creation.

I'll try.
1. I didn't say that Consciousness is god or creator, did I? YOU said it.
2. What I am saying is that Consciousness is universal order of everything. Not happy with the way I wrote it but I am trying to dumb it down as much as I can.
Everything is, the way it is, because of the Consciousness present in it, to a certain extent. Thus, everything is as is, because of that level. Donno, maybe look at it, as blueprint to what something is, that, that something, functions according to? Atom is atom (I am referring to the classic definition of atom, as the smallest indivisible unit of matter. Consciousness is present in it only to the extent of it being an atom and functioning as atom. Higher levels of matter are directly related to higher allotment of Consciousness in them and, accordingly, higher, more complex functions.

Without Consciousness, there is no blueprint, no order, no form, no function, only amorphous chaos.
You need to take your mind off gods and other silly stuff of such nature, to understand the concept.

This by no means contradicts that everything is Consciousness, only shows - how.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:10 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, grasping that sixth attribute is blocked by our strong conditioning to our physical reality. Trust me, I have spent a lot of time here trying to little effect to penetrate that conditioning to physicality. Even those most familiar with Quantum Field Theory and its implications seem loathe to abandon their physicality and all it implies.

I don't think, it is even possible to become aware of the sixth attribute. It is like turning a glove inside out. You are, what you are, even in your pure essence, Consciousness and, to perceive it, you need to put it in front of you to observe it and how can you do this, being Consciousness? It's a basic paradox of observer and observed. YOU can't observe YOURSELF. You can observe your imagination of yourself, but not true self.
Makes sense?

Old 12-04-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I don't think, it is even possible to become aware of the sixth attribute. It is like turning a glove inside out. You are, what you are, even in your pure essence, Consciousness and, to perceive it, you need to put it in front of you to observe it and how can you do this, being Consciousness? It's a basic paradox of observer and observed. YOU can't observe YOURSELF. You can observe your imagination of yourself, but not true self.
Makes sense?
That is why I resorted to science as a surrogate observer of the phenomenon of Consciousness to see what correspondence there might be in science with the phenomenon I encountered. It is through science that I perceive the sixth attribute and how it can conceivably and plausibly manifest as me and you.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:08 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
That is why I resorted to science as a surrogate observer of the phenomenon of Consciousness to see what correspondence there might be in science with the phenomenon I encountered. It is through science that I perceive the sixth attribute and how it can conceivably and plausibly manifest as me and you.
nope. science doesn't observe it either.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
nope. science doesn't observe it either.
Yep, Science indirectly provides the knowledge and hypothetical processes that manifest as me and you. I realize you and CB are mired in the esoteric (but irrational) mumbo jumbo that you THINK explains it. But the science is compatible with my views and experiences so we will never agree.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:38 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
This is a longer video on Google Talk by Swami Sarvapriyananda. it is over an hour with a couple of q&a.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z3cuMEBYm_g

Old 12-04-2021, 07:41 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,176,598 times
Quote:
Another short video on Consciousness per Vedanta. Someone has excerpted it from a lecture delivered at the Indian Institute of Technology in India in Kanpur, India. It is a prestigious institution with selective admission. Many Indian CEO of Tech companies are graduates of the IITs. Such as Sundar Pichhai of GOOGLE.
The lecture, from what appears on the board - a list of the 12 upanishads, seems to be on Advaita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n6NvDpcwLM
kind of the info i received in my dream when i asked about consciousness , almost exactly.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:48 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
I thought you wanted to know what Vedanta is, and whether it is a philosophy. I tried to respond to that.
The other things you are asking about cannot be covered in a post or in a forum such as this, at least I am not capable of that. I am not trying to by coy, but the subject you are asking about does require some amount of study and effort at understanding. It seems to me like trying to teach you how to speak French in a post.
Yeah I still do want to know what Vedanta is but I guess if there's no definition that summarizes it I'm still kinda semi in the dark. Interesting.
I tried to find a definition online as well and it seems that your explanation is in line with why I can't find one.
Perhaps I will just look in on the thread then from time to time to see if I can pick up anything else.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:57 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Yep, Science indirectly provides the knowledge and hypothetical processes that manifest as me and you. I realize you and CB are mired in the esoteric (but irrational) mumbo jumbo that you THINK explains it. But the science is compatible with my views and experiences so we will never agree.
the point urkoz made (regarding the "sixth attribute") is that it can't be observed.
therefore science can't observe it.

there is nothing "irrational" or "mumbo jumbo" about that, it is quite simple and straightforward.

and if you're going to label paths of religion and spirituality which you disagree with, and concepts you don't understand as "irrational mumbo jumbo" then that label fairly and squarely applies to your own ideas as well, and firmly places your own ideas in that category.

or you could try and actually discuss ideas and concepts without lashing out.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-04-2021 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality