Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 07:24 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Water is water.
One can’t take away one simple fact about it.
It consists of molecules that do NOT touch.
Advaita , Divaita, whatever and whoever, can’t take that fact away. One can philosophize all he wants to, but water is water only because of the invidual molecules.

Be well
Coming back to this. Another way of looking at is yes, you can reduce water to molecules. Then water isn’t water any more. You just did that, water is an illusion. We are all molecules in our element.
That is part of the illusion.
The important insight from this is that we understand life at both levels, at the level of the world where we complete the cycle of life, and at the level of pure Consciousness which we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 08:29 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
No. I reduced water to nothing of such kind. Water is water per collection of H2O molecules. Water exists ONLY because of that collection and is manifested THROUGH that collection.
Each one of them are slightly different. In their physical and chemical capacities. None of them is identical. They all are "in range" but not identical.
The important thing is, if you want to use water example is that water, or, Consciousness, in our case, is exactly same. It is Consciousness/water, manifested through multitude of its molecules/individual consciousnesses.

You, simply, stubbornly want to deny your own existence. Not sure, what kind of intellectual pleasure or pride you have in this.
I VALUE MINE. You want to seize to exist. I want to be forever.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:33 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
About the most pointless time spending is to toss dry peas against well made concrete wall.
They, simply, bounce off it, without any impact on the wall.
I prefer not to toss peas.
Pointless.

Valete

Old 12-14-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
No. I reduced water to nothing of such kind. Water is water per collection of H2O molecules. Water exists ONLY because of that collection and is manifested THROUGH that collection.
Each one of them are slightly different. In their physical and chemical capacities. None of them is identical. They all are "in range" but not identical.
The important thing is, if you want to use water example is that water, or, Consciousness, in our case, is exactly same. It is Consciousness/water, manifested through multitude of its molecules/individual consciousnesses.

You, simply, stubbornly want to deny your own existence. Not sure, what kind of intellectual pleasure or pride you have in this.
Metaphors are meaningful upto a point. They do not convey all the meaning or the complete meaning. The world and all the forms are projections of our own mind. They are not reality. Neither the water nor the molecules are the reality. Only the Brhman/Source is Reality, the essence that is in everything, the absolute existence. Everything else have only relative existence.
That you exist within the Source/Brhaman which IS existence as an individual separate existence, that is not Nondualism. It is Dualism. If that distinction is meaningless to you that is fine. But the two are distinct schools of philosophy in Vedanta. Which is the topic of this thread Consciousness per Vedanta.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:40 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Good practice for you, yes.
You are getting almost as clever as Mystic with this impressive "same back at you" routine...

I've got to find a way to avoid giving either of you these sorts of opportunities to impress yourselves like this. Or maybe not. Why do anything to keep you two from having your fun along these lines?

Was a time I too enjoyed the "I know you are but what am I" playground retort as well!

Old 12-15-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Water is water.
One can’t take away one simple fact about it.
It consists of molecules that do NOT touch.
Advaita , Divaita, whatever and whoever, can’t take that fact away. One can philosophize all he wants to, but water is water only because of the invidual molecules.

Be well
Are you trying to push yet another universal truth on us here?

Many don't take too kindly to your kind in these parts my friend!

Old 12-15-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The molecules exist only because of water. No water, no water molecules, no waves, no droplets.
Ooh! Two universal truths in a row!

No doubt the end of days is near...

Old 12-15-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i would describe what i posted [the post of mine which you quoted and responded to] as on topic; as a response to an earlier post which was also on topic; which i found compelling and which i continue to consider deeply; regarding concepts that are relevant and engaging; in discussion with a fellow poster who i have found over the years provides insights and reflections which i get a lot out of, whether we happen to agree or not.

it is admirable that you seek to learn the difference , and perhaps even be able to distinguish between "fact" "opinion " "truth" "beliefs." i will leave that learning to you. there is much robust discussion of that on other threads. i have no desire to discuss it in this thread as it is off topic and would be a derail.
So rather than opinion or fact, what you are explaining here is that the comment I quoted was/is on topic...

Okay. "Heaven forbid" anyone asks a question for purposes of clarification along these lines that might in any way be deemed in any way off topic. Thanks for keeping all of us on the "straight and narrow" here.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:

You know you are finally getting to that point of higher awareness and oneness when water is no longer water...

Some call that evaporation, but I'm learning about other interesting ways to explain the likes here. Learning a lot!

Getting a little thirsty too, but now I'm not so sure if when I quench my thirst with water whether I'm actually quenching my thirst or whether that too is an illusion...

Old 12-15-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You are getting almost as clever as Mystic with this impressive "same back at you" routine...

I've got to find a way to avoid giving either of you these sorts of opportunities to impress yourselves like this. Or maybe not. Why do anything to keep you two from having your fun along these lines?

Was a time I too enjoyed the "I know you are but what am I" playground retort as well!

Instead you can try observing how you post, the words you chose, and the arguments you make. Be smart about. Become self-aware. Then you would not have to play games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality