Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 08:55 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Hear, hear. How narcissistic would God have to be to demand something like that?
It sounds like those in Heaven have some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, when you look at it that way.
Praising Him 24/7 does sound a little over the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 08:59 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I didnt watch the video but hell isnt just fire, its being away from God.
Well Hell is just fire, whether you believe in Eternal Punishment or Annihilation, it’s still fire.
The separation from God euphemism doesn’t change that.

Old 12-11-2021, 05:36 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
It sounds like those in Heaven have some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, when you look at it that way.

He does not ask for praise 24/7--He requires one to apply his will-24/7-- Because he is correct on all matters.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:50 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
He does not ask for praise 24/7--He requires one to apply his will-24/7-- Because he is correct on all matters.

The hell he doesn't ask for praise. Read Revelation 4:8

8 And the four living creatures had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

He does ask for praise obviously, probably even commands it. Any why? Because he has an ego bigger than the universe, that's why. No, thank you. I don't need to waste my valuable time puffing up an egomaniac.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
That's ok. You won't have to be there if you don't want to.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's the whole being in mom's basement that smacked of another forum that you seem very familiar with.
Which one is that? C-D really is the only forum I post on. There is a podcaster I used to listen to a lot that uses the phrase. To my knowledge, though, he doesn't have a forum on his website.
Quote:
But I digress. I just don't think a supreme God needs stroking. I'm only human and I don't need the stroking that many think God needs.
You're correct. He doesn't "NEED" anything. But he's worthy of praise.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
But he's worthy of praise.

Based on his track record of actually helping people down here he's not worthy of the time of day.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Based on his track record of actually helping people down here he's not worthy of the time of day.
His mere existence means he's worthy of praise. He's not your cosmic bellhop just existing to serve you.

He is the ultimate being in the universe. A true narcissist is one that thumbs their nose at their creator and whines because he doesn't give them exactly what they want. That's up to you to decide if you want to be that person.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:28 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The hell he doesn't ask for praise. Read Revelation 4:8

8 And the four living creatures had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

He does ask for praise obviously, probably even commands it. Any why? Because he has an ego bigger than the universe, that's why. No, thank you. I don't need to waste my valuable time puffing up an egomaniac.

Yes he likes praise, but there is alot of symbolism in Revelation. Then 70-90 years is all you get--throwing away trillions x trillions x trillions etc of never ending years--Think about that. Is praise to much to ask of you? Without the life he handed you on a silver platter you have 0. If someone handed you 50,000 dollars free of charge, you would praise him. Yet is a drop in a bucket compared to eternal life.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDThomas View Post
Shirina

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE: "And why is this guy pulling verses out of the Old Testament? The concept of Hell and eternal torment didn't make its appearance until the New Testament. After all, the Old Testament was essentially the covenant between Yahweh and the Hebrews - and Jews don't even believe in Hell. So what gives here?"

What gives here is the fact that anyone who follows Jesus the Christ has to be a Hebrew only, and the fact that Hell is mentioned within the Old Testament writings: “I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.” (Ezekiel 31:16 KJV)

Shirina, your Bible ignorance is duly noted.

Moderator Note: Post signatures are not permitted.

So's yours. "Hell" is not mentioned in the old testament. The verse you quote used Sheol, not hell.

Get thee into a Sunday school class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality