Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,192 times

Advertisements

I personally view my spirtuality and my religion as two seperate entities. Seperate they are powerful, but when I link them together is when I feel at one with my Creator. Just curious to see if you aren't religious, if you see yourself as spiritual or if you feel they are the same thing.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:10 AM

267 posts, read 533,724 times
by my definition being spiritual is being unbound by the law of religion when it comes to your definition of God so...*marks a tally under Spiritual*

Old 07-01-2007, 05:15 AM

45 posts, read 147,532 times
Default two separate things

I am spirutual,but I was raised a Lutheran where I had to go to Sunday school,catechism and church,that to me was religion.
I now belong to a church so my son could get batpised and go to sunday school.I want him to have some religious background.But if it was not for my son, I would not belong to a church.I believe in God and have my own 'religion'.LOL. I don know how else to put it.
Religion and Spirituality are two separate things.I worship God(etc.) where ever by myself.I do like Gnosticism though.(searching for the truth)

Old 07-01-2007, 08:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Most definitely leaning toward spiritual. To many contradictions and nonsense in all the organized religions.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:17 AM

Yes I agree with you all. I am spiritual first, I am a spirtual being and try to channel into that realm

I've started add religion into my life due to having children and I enjoy it, when I don't go to church now I feel like something is missing. That's not to say that I don't "take what I like and leave the rest" from my religion, because I do. Religion to me is more of an extra, it's not how I define myself. But I definately notice the void when I don't include it.

And can I just say nothing is more unattrative than people bible bashing or quoting the bible to validate what they just said. *phew, I'm glad I finally got that out*

Old 07-01-2007, 02:26 PM

279 posts, read 1,348,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Most definitely leaning toward spiritual. To many contradictions and nonsense in all the organized religions.
i feel the same way

Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 PM

668 posts, read 682,378 times
Default Spirtualism = less war and conflict

When a group of people try to sustain the same system of beliefs it can be very dangerous for the world. But people feel a need to belong, a need to be accepted. These needs create both religions and streetgangs.

Think for yourselves folks! We all have much in common, and should spend more time celebrating this and less time pointing at each others differences.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:53 PM

611 posts, read 1,991,777 times
I am neither spiritual or religious. I am moral which requires neither.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebek View Post
Think for yourselves folks! We all have much in common, and should spend more time celebrating this and less time pointing at each others differences.
I don't understand where your comment is coming from. I think for myself (not for others) nor do I allow people to "think" for me (unless it's been one of those days and I don't want to think anymore)

This topic was not to point out our differences or prove each other wrong. I agree what you're saying about celeberating differences, I just don't know why this comment was placed in this thread where there hasn't been any bible bashing or arguing going on

Let's celebrate our differences...

Let's celebrate diversity, c'mon celebrate diversity. A quote form Michael Scott on diversity day (He's on a show called the office in case you didn't know, I'm an office addict)

Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I personally view my spirtuality and my religion as two seperate entities. Seperate they are powerful, but when I link them together is when I feel at one with my Creator. Just curious to see if you aren't religious, if you see yourself as spiritual or if you feel they are the same thing.
That is an ineresting concept. When I think of religion in and of itself I think of legalism and the doctrines of men not necessarily inspired by God. I think for the most part religion is the invention of man that has been used as a form of control and limitation. When I think of spirtuality I think of a personal individual relationship with God unfettered by religion- Knowing HIM without the limitations and boudaries of a human inspired institution. The Bible says GOD is SPIRIT and the true worshippers must worship HIM in "Spirit " and Truth. Although I have religious beliefs, I belive I am at my best following the spiritual path God HIMSELF has inspired and set before me. I think sometimes religion can get in the way of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality