Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2021, 06:01 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Let's see. How was Santa "shoved down my throat" this year? Hmmmm. He wasn't. Another of your fairy tales. The more you talk, the more you hurt your own religion.

I'm glad I know christians who have joy in their life.
Every store on the planet begins santa claus the day after thanksgiving. As does the tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2021, 06:02 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Every store on the planet begins santa claus the day after thanksgiving. As does the tv.
Well, I guess some people like it. Good for them. Humbug to you.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I'm tired of hearing this self-flagellation from you and your brothers.

1+1--dont respond-do not read my posts.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:04 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
1+1--dont respond-do not read my posts.
No, because people need to say no to you folks.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:41 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Love can be shown 7 days a week, a calender date should not rule that.
I never said otherwise.

Old 12-26-2021, 04:29 AM

Quote:
No, because people need to say no to you folks.
The same reason i post-to help ones out of their darkness.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:43 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Just because folks don't believe the same way you do doesn't mean they live in darkness, or that they're condemned to "hell" after death. That is your belief, not fact.

Old 12-26-2021, 08:58 AM

88,579 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
What an odd thing to say when you're not actually doing that. All you do is repel people and push them away with negativity. Your way seems more like the darkness than a way to get out of it.

Let me ask you--in all the time you've come on to this forum, has ONE person ever been attracted to the Jehovah's Witnesses because of what you said? You don't have to answer me, just yourself.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:19 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What an odd thing to say when you're not actually doing that. All you do is repel people and push them away with negativity. Your way seems more like the darkness than a way to get out of it.

Let me ask you--in all the time you've come on to this forum, has ONE person ever been attracted to the Jehovah's Witnesses because of what you said? You don't have to answer me, just yourself.

I have 2 experiences with JW. One, a friends mother was kicked out of JW for receiving a life saving blood transfusion, AND her own family except for my friend shunned her . The friend left the JW after watching her siblings reject the very presence of their mother for sane medical treatment that saved her life .

The second experience is this site. I have never been on a site with JWs before this one. They universally appear to be the same as my impression of my friends JW family, heartless, hateful, preaching a very negative and soulless religion.

I am in total agreement with the poster giving thanks that they weren’t born into such a faith .

Old 12-26-2021, 09:24 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The tragedy is that it has never been about believing the right things ABOUT God. The important thing is to believe in God and an intrinsic value and purpose for existence. Independently developing an unselfish caring character that cherishes what we all are able to recognize as decency and consideration seems to be the consensus view of good and the opposite of evil. That should be sufficient for guiding our interactions. Pretending you know what God wants and imposing those things on others as well as yourself is human vanity and hubris writ large.
I'm going to take a WILD guess and predict we don't see what's going on here the same way either...

I say this because if there is anything this forum has proved to me over the years of reading your comments and all the others, EVERYONE who believes in God believes they are believing the right things ABOUT God. Nevertheless, I suspect you will tell me how I am wrong about this too and how you are uniquely different in this regard as well.

Chock another one up to my arrogance and all the other reasons you have explained over the years why I don't see things the way you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality