Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2021, 09:12 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Right..like everyone else here.
Though...I'm Theist/Religious...I'm not on a Forum being critical of the title subject.
I post about Religion and Spirituality...and it's place/position in the world...I'm not putting up (tens of) thousands of posts critical of it and negative about it.
It's that kinda thing that few care about...well, except to view that kinda thing, and those that do it, as part of one of the "Most Hated & Least Trusted" groups there is.
In fact...studies show, rapists are viewed as superior:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-w..._b_1157939/amp
That's not my view...I'm just stating the reality of the way of the world.
We have long known that religionists are prejudiced against people who don't share their views...along with -- in many cases -- other categories of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 10:21 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We have long known that religionists are prejudiced against people who don't share their views...along with -- in many cases -- other categories of people.
The Religionists (and other categories of people) are able to recognize prejudice when they see it...and assess it.
Thus...the study results.
It's the thread premise itself that is divulgent.
"Why People Are Not Interested In Your Faith"...on a board titled Religion and Spirituality...relative to the Faith that covers a third of the global population.
Kinda like a person that goes on a Forum for "Sports and Athletics"...declares they don't like sports, and proceeds to tell the Football players & fans, "Why People Aren't Interested In Your Game".

Old 12-21-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
The Religionists (and other categories of people) are able to recognize prejudice when they see it...and assess it.
Thus...the study results.
It's the thread premise itself that is divulgent.
"Why People Are Not Interested In Your Faith"...on a board titled Religion and Spirituality...relative to the Faith that covers a third of the global population.
Kinda like a person that goes on a Forum for "Sports and Athletics"...declares they don't like sports, and proceeds to tell the Football players & fans, "Why People Aren't Interested In Your Game".
I've always been interested in the Civil War, but I wasn't alive during it.
I'm interested in religion -- and a member of a religion -- and it's an overall topic. One doesn't have to be an advocate of a particular religion to be interested in religion as a general topic.

Again, this is not a praise forum. It's a forum to discuss things related to religion, both pro and con.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:52 PM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
I understand that some are "uncaring" kinda people...others are not that way.
I'm cool with that...it's just a buncha strangers on a internet forum.
Because I do not care about your opinion and game playing does not mean I am not a caring person. I do hope you irrational arguments are intentional.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Because I do not care about your opinion and game playing does not mean I am not a caring person. I do hope you irrational arguments are intentional.
And clearly, being a religious person does not make a person 'caring'. Nor does being an atheist make a person 'uncaring'.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Here's a reasonably fair-minded discussion of a survey of non-Christians as to what factors make them resistant to Christianity.

You can disagree with these reasons but they exist and are highly problematic just the same. Even the author of this piece takes some issue with a couple of these objections, but -- if you're a Christian who wants to successfully share your faith, these objections should inform your approach nevertheless.

Unfortunately, a lot of these can only be fully addressed by the church itself cleaning house. Something Paul urged two millennia ago and apparently no one is interested to this day.

https://medium.com/backyard-theology...h-da4307115c88
To be fair, the article is spot on with a few of them. Child abuse, Hypocrisy, even money to a degree are reasonable complaints. Religious wars? When was the last time there was a religious war in America?

The rest is really a list of things that indicate that no matter what is said, people really don't have time or desire to know God. For many, they are offended when God says some things are wrong. For others, they are just apathetic. They'd rather live a godless life than to know the one true God.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
To be fair, the article is spot on with a few of them. Child abuse, Hypocrisy, even money to a degree are reasonable complaints. Religious wars? When was the last time there was a religious war in America?

The rest is really a list of things that indicate that no matter what is said, people really don't have time or desire to know God. For many, they are offended when God says some things are wrong. For others, they are just apathetic. They'd rather live a godless life than to know the one true God.
No, we have different beliefs than you do.

And it's people like you that led me to have different beliefs. Keep up the good work!

Old 12-22-2021, 09:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, we have different beliefs than you do.

And it's people like you that led me to have different beliefs. Keep up the good work!
Yes. I believe that the True God is the God of the Bible. You should respect that belief if you want to be consistent. And I'm aware that you really just have no desire to know him.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Yes. I believe that the True God is the God of the Bible. You should respect that belief if you want to be consistent. And I'm aware that you really just have no desire to know him.
You are intolerant of people who have different beliefs.

I tried to be a good christian for decades. It just didn't fit.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:49 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

People do not accept the monstrous God that is described in the Bible because the beliefs about Him are primitive and barbaric. If you actually presented the God of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross, there would not be the kind of rejection your beliefs create.

It is the fault of our ancestors that they misattributed to God's wrath what Jesus did out of agape love and forgiveness to propitiate the wrath and vengeance of our ignorant and brutal ancestors' barbarity. The rest is history as the perpetuation of ignorance and barbarity has continued within the churches as a sign of faith in the Bible as God's word instead of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality