Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 09:32 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
I totally agree. However, there is this guy M. Gasperini, who is a physicist and has published Towards a non-singular pre-big bang cosmology. I do not subscribe to his theory, but there it is.

I should point out, too, that "all we know with regard to... our known observable universe" is, at this point in time, quite a bit!

A theory you and I don't subscribe to and quite a bit we know about our known observable universe. Leaves me/us where I started I think...

Also time for me to get onto other things now, but just one last thing before I do. Go 9rs! May the Force be with them!

Last edited by LearnMe; 01-22-2022 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 02:51 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Past lives have been investigated by science at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland by a guy called Alistaire Mcintosh, as well as other places. There is also a technique which is supposed to generate the viewing of past lives although no-one can say for sure this is what is happening. There are no drugs involved.

The Awareness Techniques were introduced by a couple from Florida, William and Diane Swygard. The Christos Experiment is another name for this technique.

The Christos Experiment is an interesting technique (CD post) which has been performed by many people and is said to access past lives or at least enable folks to vividly imagine what may be...

Link 3 (maybe dead links)
Link 4

Old 09-03-2022, 08:14 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you ever wondered where those spirits will go, after the Earth becomes uninhabitable by humans? We're getting to that point, at breakneck speed. Where's the next "school"? I'm sure not coming back to this mess, here on Earth, no way!
Why would Earth be the only school for spirits? We have many different colleges and Universities, each is known for different things, some for sports, some for producing good medical students, some for their economic skills. I too believe that time is unlimited once we leave Earth and a spirit may be able to look at the history of the Earth as pages in a book, able to open each one and read the words on that page (ie: choose to reincarnate into that Earth time period). Maybe you can look at your life like a movie with different spirits playing different roles in each movie(life).

Old 09-03-2022, 10:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong.
Quote:
How about you explain next time.

Care to follow your own advice and explain?

Old 09-03-2022, 10:05 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As I also always make a point of noting, the truth is not a function of what works or doesn't for us on a personal level. So I guess we're back to distinguishing the focus here. Is it about what works for us personally? What helps us get through the day? Or is it about the truth of these matters regardless how it suits us?
I don't think you have thought that through deeply enough. It depends on what aspect of function the belief pertains to. The simple truth of the matter is that the user interface exists entirely to provide an interpretation of Reality (which we can not otherwise actually perceive and function within) that enables us to survive and perform successfully. Given that, the real test of the usefulness of any interpretation of Reality is whether or not it achieves that objective for a given individual. Since there are no "physical" consequences involved in the interpretations of God as Reality, there seems little need to overly concern ourselves with it. It is not like gravity or other necessary interpretations of the physical environment that can have serious and negative consequences if they are not accurate.

)

Old 09-03-2022, 10:21 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
The average lifespan is 80-90 years old.

It takes 8-9 months to have a baby.

Example, if you die at 90 years old, you will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 9 months.

Same as if you die at 80 years old. You will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 8 months.

Same as if you die at 70 years old. You will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 7 months.

Some people live to be 100 and over. There are children that are born at 10 months.

People that have died in their 10's 20's,30's,40's,50's,60's are born at 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months and 6 months.

Example. Someone in their 30's dies in a car crash. He/she is suddenly no longer in the womb. Premature birth

Someone shot and killed in their 40's is suddenly no longer in the womb. Premature birth.

You are an unborn baby right now somewhere. Whatever your age is, that is how old you are in a woman's womb as of this moment.

Is it possible that this is how the universe operates?

You forget that 12 is the big number in Jewish numerology. What about 12?

Old 01-08-2024, 10:31 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you ever wondered where those spirits will go, after the Earth becomes uninhabitable by humans? We're getting to that point, at breakneck speed. Where's the next "school"? I'm sure not coming back to this mess, here on Earth, no way!
I find Ecclesiastes 12:7 B says that one's spirit (it) returns to God.
Not a literal returning but like a foreclosed house it does Not move or go anywhere but is returned to the owner's hands.
So, one's spirit (it) is in God's safe hands until 'Resurrection Day' ( Jesus' coming 1,000 year day ) - Acts 24:15

Since " Earth abides forever " - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalm 104:5 - and God created Earth to be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18 - there will be divine involvement before Earth could become uninhabitable.
God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth according to Revelation 11:18 B.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15

Old 01-08-2024, 02:40 PM

19,994 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since " Earth abides forever " - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalm 104:5 - and God created Earth to be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18 - there will be divine involvement before Earth could become uninhabitable.
Oh the Earth will abide forever. It is only a question of whether humanity will. The Earth will be just fine in the end, thank you very much.

Props to you for not being a dominionist who thinks the earth and all the life upon it is here to do with as we please, but it is a good idea to inspire good stewardship of the earth, its life and its resources, as its better not to mess it up to begin with, even if you think god will ultimately step in and performa some sort of miracle.

Old 01-09-2024, 01:46 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,667,745 times
we Muslims believe that

When a human being is laid in his grave and his companions return and he even hears their foot steps,
two angels come to him and make him sit and ask him:
What did you use to say about this man, Muhammad ?
He will say:
I testify that he is Allah's slave and His Apostle.
Then it will be said to him,
'Look at your place in the Hell-Fire. Allah has given you a place in Paradise instead of it.'
" The Prophet (ﷺ) added, "The dead person will see both his places.

But a non-believer or a hypocrite will say to the angels,
'I do not know, but I used to say what the people used to say!
It will be said to him,
'Neither did you know nor did you take the guidance (by reciting the Qur'an).'
Then he will be hit with an iron hammer between his two ears,
and he will cry
and that cry will be heard by whatever approaches him
except human beings and jinns

Old 01-09-2024, 04:02 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Oh the Earth will abide forever. It is only a question of whether humanity will. The Earth will be just fine in the end, thank you very much.
Props to you for not being a dominionist who thinks the earth and all the life upon it is here to do with as we please, but it is a good idea to inspire good stewardship of the earth, its life and its resources, as its better not to mess it up to begin with, even if you think god will ultimately step in and perform some sort of miracle.
Yes, Earth is remarkably resilient. Left alone Earth bounces back.
Agree with you and God it is good to inspire good stewardship ( Genesis 1:28 ) physical, moral and spiritual.
The 'sort of miracle' is that God will have the words from Jesus' mouth rid the Earth of of those who bring ruin to Earth.
- Revelation 11:18 B; Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
This will be the beginning of the humble meek to inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11,29; 22:26; Matt. 5:5

Pandora's Box is now spilled wide open (2nd Tim. 3:1-5,13) with escalating down-hill decay.
People who think God is away so they will play.
Often in Face Book it is more like Me book, the promoting of 'self' with some obsessed with love of 'self'.
What may have started out as a simple game of checkers, for some now more like Up-gaming to the game of chess.
To me, the 'handwriting is on the wall' or as the old adage goes: Can't see the forest because the trees are in the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality