Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2022, 10:42 AM
 
14 posts, read 7,685 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
How is your memory?

Belief in reincarnation tied to memory errors

People who believe they have lived past lives as, say, Indian princesses or battlefield commanders are more likely to make certain types of memory errors, according to a new study.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna17982545
My memory is fine. I actually remember falling off the changing table at 6 months old. I remember taking my first steps. I could go on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2022, 10:45 AM
 
29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Reputation: 3466
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryRhymes View Post
My memory is fine. I actually remember falling off the changing table at 6 months old. I remember taking my first steps. I could go on.
How high off the floor was the changing table?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2022, 10:49 AM
 
14 posts, read 7,685 times
Reputation: 54
It was waist high on my mom. She left the room and I rolled over trying to see where she went. The next thing I knew the ugly orange red carpet was in my face. It knocked the air out of me and as soon as I could breath I was screaming/crying. Both my parents came running and my dad was yelling at my mom about leaving me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2022, 11:00 AM
 
29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Reputation: 3466
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryRhymes View Post
It was waist high on my mom. She left the room and I rolled over trying to see where she went. The next thing I knew the ugly orange red carpet was in my face. It knocked the air out of me and as soon as I could breath I was screaming/crying. Both my parents came running and my dad was yelling at my mom about leaving me alone.
I don't remember this, but I've been told by my parents that I used to love holding on to the rail of my crib and jumping up and down. Apparently, I jumped so high one time, I went clean over and out of the crib landing on the floor of my bedroom about 4 feet below the height of my crib.

I've not got a good memory about my earlier years. I certainly can't recall any memories going back to my toddler days, and memory or sense of living any prior lives has never come to me either. I guess this in part is why I'm not inclined to believe in reincarnation.

Add this to my long list of what others believe that I don't for all variety of reasons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2022, 11:31 AM
 
14 posts, read 7,685 times
Reputation: 54
It’s understandable to not believe with out proof. It really is a process you go through where pieces start falling into place and eventually everything becomes clear and you just accept it.

One of the things you might think about is what time period or periods are you drawn to? What old music do you like? What type of architecture do you prefer? Think about artwork and regional locations you are draw to. What time in history do you research or watch movie or television shows about?

It doesn’t prove anything of course, but if the dots connect on enough of the same time period it would be interesting to hear back from you about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2022, 01:21 AM
 
Location: HONOLULU
1,014 posts, read 478,887 times
Reputation: 333
And what conclusions have you come up with after death? Where will we be? How would be? How would we eat? How about breathing? Where exactly is this place heaven? According to the bible heaven is far above the stars where you see them at nights. Then there is the heaven. That is the place where God resides. Now that is really far away. Do you know how far is that star? Millions of light years away from planet earth. It would take a life time for that light of the star to reach earth. Now that is far away. That is how far heaven is to earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2022, 09:01 AM
 
63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Reputation: 7868
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
And what conclusions have you come up with after death? Where will we be? How would be? How would we eat? How about breathing? Where exactly is this place heaven? According to the bible heaven is far above the stars where you see them at nights. Then there is the heaven. That is the place where God resides. Now that is really far away. Do you know how far is that star? Millions of light years away from planet earth. It would take a lifetime for that light of the star to reach earth. Now that is far away. That is how far heaven is to earth.
This physical earth and existence is separated from God much as our physical womb existence was separated from our mother. After our birth, we did not need any of the placental environment that kept us alive in our mother's womb and we will not need any of the placental earth environment that keeps us alive when we are "born again" as Spirit to reside in the heavens above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2022, 10:37 AM
 
29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Reputation: 3466
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryRhymes View Post
It’s understandable to not believe with out proof. It really is a process you go through where pieces start falling into place and eventually everything becomes clear and you just accept it.

One of the things you might think about is what time period or periods are you drawn to? What old music do you like? What type of architecture do you prefer? Think about artwork and regional locations you are draw to. What time in history do you research or watch movie or television shows about?

It doesn’t prove anything of course, but if the dots connect on enough of the same time period it would be interesting to hear back from you about it.
My life experience is as you describe in that over time from being raised to believe in God, I began the process you describe and found the "pieces start falling into place" such that what became clear to me was there actually is no evidence or proof a god exists. Haven't found any yet anyway, though I thought the proof was all around me when I was a young boy. Or so I was told, and I completely believed it! Saw it!

Came to see, learn and understand otherwise over time is all...

I am not sure what you are getting at with all the rest, but I am a great lover of music. Mostly rock and roll, but other kinds of music too. I play piano and compose my own music. I am a big fan of the arts generally speaking, and I have traveled all over the world where I have enjoyed many a "regional location." I am also a big fan of history, and I typically have a history book handy to read at all times for when I feel like reading. All times history. That and I follow the news quite closely, because I am also a "news junkie." Love the movies and TV shows too.

Just for starters...

What do my preferences prove about anything? Not much other than my likes and dislikes. Thanks for asking, but I'm not sure I see the tie to the topic of this thread. A thread title I consider one of my favorites I might add! Always gives me a bit of a chuckle...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2022, 04:03 PM
 
Location: North by Northwest
9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
Reputation: 6174
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
The average lifespan is 80-90 years old.

It takes 8-9 months to have a baby.

Example, if you die at 90 years old, you will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 9 months.

Same as if you die at 80 years old. You will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 8 months.

Same as if you die at 70 years old. You will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 7 months.

Some people live to be 100 and over. There are children that are born at 10 months.

People that have died in their 10's 20's,30's,40's,50's,60's are born at 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months and 6 months.

Example. Someone in their 30's dies in a car crash. He/she is suddenly no longer in the womb. Premature birth

Someone shot and killed in their 40's is suddenly no longer in the womb. Premature birth.

You are an unborn baby right now somewhere. Whatever your age is, that is how old you are in a woman's womb as of this moment.

Is it possible that this is how the universe operates?
Reincarnation by way of simple interest. I dig it. You should write a short story.

I guess we now know why people have miscarriages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2022, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Rural America
269 posts, read 329,288 times
Reputation: 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
....when we are "born again" as Spirit to reside in the heavens above.
We've had quite a good look around "above" and out into space. No heaven has been detected. Is it still contended that it is "up there" or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top