Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 09:52 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
We've had quite a good look around "above" and out into space. No heaven has been detected. Is it still contended that it is "up there" or what?
I certainly contend that it is the quantum foam within which our BEC "bubbles" of consciousness reside. Of course, it is a bit like a Who trying to explain their micro world to Horton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 10:50 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
The average lifespan is 80-90 years old.

It takes 8-9 months to have a baby.

Example, if you die at 90 years old, you will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 9 months.

Same as if you die at 80 years old. You will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 8 months.

Same as if you die at 70 years old. You will be immediately reborn after having lived in the womb for 7 months.

Some people live to be 100 and over. There are children that are born at 10 months.

People that have died in their 10's 20's,30's,40's,50's,60's are born at 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months and 6 months.

Example. Someone in their 30's dies in a car crash. He/she is suddenly no longer in the womb. Premature birth

Someone shot and killed in their 40's is suddenly no longer in the womb. Premature birth.

You are an unborn baby right now somewhere. Whatever your age is, that is how old you are in a woman's womb as of this moment.

Is it possible that this is how the universe operates?

The average human life span up until 1850 was 35 years.

Are you saying up until that point, the average baby was born at 3.5 months gestation?
I will leave you to ponder the implication of that.

That's the best, polite response I can give to such a ridiculous premise.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:45 AM

269 posts, read 329,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I certainly contend that it is the quantum foam within which our BEC "bubbles" of consciousness reside. Of course, it is a bit like a Who trying to explain their micro world to Horton.
I'm very aware of quantum foam and Bose Einstein Condensates. Your contention regarding the "residence of consciousness" is utter nonsense.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:47 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
I'm very aware of quantum foam and Bose-Einstein Condensates. Your contention regarding the "residence of consciousness" is utter nonsense.
I certainly understand your skepticism given the overall worldview you probably have about what Reality IS. My experiences belie pretty much all that you believe about the actual composition of our Reality.

There is little chance that you will change your view and I certainly won't. I have been letting you skeptics get under my skin too much ruining my agape and requiring repentance. Believe what you will. C'est la Vie.

Old 01-16-2022, 04:34 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Quote:
We've had quite a good look around "above" and out into space. No heaven has been detected. Is it still contended that it is "up there" or what?
Why would anyone think Heaven is in our physical world - whether that be on Earth or out in physical space among the stars? That is taking the scientific viewpoint to extremes wanting there to be nothing other than our own existence or reality.

Science already postulates other realities/dimensions. So...why not Heaven being one of them? Maybe aliens are another, and ghosts a third? It certainly seems some places like Skinwalker Ranch, Parker Ranch and other places across the world are places where the laws of physics need to be examined and understood better than we currently do.

Folks who currently believe in nothing but science for their belief system - it is said - will after death, experience a blackness or nothingness but with an awareness they are 'still conscious'. This until they start to question what is going on, and then awareness expands and other experiences can come into their awareness.

As you believe, so it is.

Old 01-16-2022, 04:41 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Why would anyone think Heaven is in our physical world ...

Folks who currently believe in nothing but science for their belief system - it is said - will after death, experience a blackness or nothingness but with an awareness they are 'still conscious'. This until they start to question what is going on, and then awareness expands and other experiences can come into their awareness.

As you believe, so it is.
"As you believe, so it is." So if I think a christian poster is an idiot...he is? You really believe that?

Why would someone think heaven in in our physical world? Well, let's see...how is heaven often portrayed to children? As if it's up in the clouds.

At least science has some level of confirmation to what it portrays.

What's your actual confirmation about "will after death, experience a blackness or nothingness but with an awareness they are 'still conscious"? Has someone come back from the grave and confirmed that? Maybe Jimmy Hoffa?

Old 01-16-2022, 10:45 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Read the books on OBEs. There are plenty of people who claim to be able to go where we all go after death. There are plenty of NDE accounts. There are plenty of child reincarnations documented and proven to 'know' stuff which they could not have known about their previous lifetimes.

Quote:
What's your actual confirmation about "will after death, experience a blackness or nothingness but with an awareness they are 'still conscious"? Has someone come back from the grave and confirmed that? Maybe Jimmy Hoffa?
Hoho. It is all about 'proof' right? Well, if science would look at difficult topics and investigate them, then they might have more proof. Science starts with observations, progresses to hypotheses, then to testable experiments - right? At least we do have the observations to start the ball rolling. If science does not choose to run with those, because they cannot think of testable experiments to do, what can I do about it?

Old 01-17-2022, 08:10 AM

19,970 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
At least we do have the observations to start the ball rolling. If science does not choose to run with those, because they cannot think of testable experiments to do, what can I do about it?
If they "cannot think of" experiments it is because the proposition is itself inherently untestable. Invisible realms and beings are not available for observation except arguably via personal experience, which is not accessible to anyone but the experiencer. This means it's outside the realm of scientific inquiry. That is an acknowledged limitation of science, and why science is silent on such topics.

That is not the same thing as opening a free-for-all where outside the purview of science we blindly afford belief to all comers because now anything goes -- in my view, anyway. I personally don't trust anything with high-stakes claimed implications (one's eternal destiny, etc) unless it is backed by something of the calibre of scientific proof ... therefore, for me, it remains forever outside the realm of something I'd credit.

To put it into concrete terms, I feel pretty safe assuming something I have no proof for, such as, "my new neighbor who just moved in isn't a murderous psychopath who will kill me in my sleep first chance he gets" because that is highly unlikely and defaulting to a basic level of trust has worked very well for me and others in the past -- despite that it is a high-stakes assumption, it's also low-risk. On the other hand I feel no basis to assume that an afterlife exists and that the dogma of any specific religion should be followed to influence my fate in that afterlife ... over any other, or none at all, given that it requires me to abrogate my own self-determination to some faceless hierarchy of religious officiants in exchange for some asserted post-death benefit, and given that thousands of religious sects disagree substantively on how that is even to be done.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:15 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Read the books on OBEs. There are plenty of people who claim to be able to go where we all go after death. There are plenty of NDE accounts. There are plenty of child reincarnations documented and proven to 'know' stuff which they could not have known about their previous lifetimes.

Hoho. It is all about 'proof' right? Well, if science would look at difficult topics and investigate them, then they might have more proof. Science starts with observations, progresses to hypotheses, then to testable experiments - right? At least we do have the observations to start the ball rolling. If science does not choose to run with those, because they cannot think of testable experiments to do, what can I do about it?
Well, I'm just happy to hear that you believe in reincarnation...which is not a concept that comes from christianity, but rather the Indian-based religions.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:20 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Science has, so far NDEs appear to be cultural inventions after the event. That means they are not later remembering something, they are trying to make sense of an unusual experience based on hteir cultural background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality