Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 08:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
...in your untested (and possibly untestable) "Synthesis" speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have never suggested otherwise. But my Synthesis is entirely consistent with legitimate scientific theories and knowledge of the spacetime field. It simplifies and analogizes this understanding from existing legitimate (if more rigorous) science, NOT wild-eyed bull feces extracted from the nether regions of human imagination.
So you admit your synthesis is untestable. You know what that means in science, right? It is nothing more but speculation. And speculation is not scientific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 08:47 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So you admit your synthesis is untestable. You know what that means in science, right? It is nothing more but speculation. And speculation is not scientific.
I wouldn't say that speculation is not scientific, but I would say that speculation is inconclusive...meaning no conclusion.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:53 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
That IS bull feces. Many aspects of legitimate science and existing theories have the same problems. String Theory is untestable, Loop Quantum Gravity Theory is untestable, science progresses by speculation using existing known science and using logical and rational extrapolations beyond the known until testable.

You clearly have neither read my simplified Synthesis providing the rationale within which my hypotheses are generated nor any of the additional expositions providing less simplified references to rigorous scientific facts and principles. You cannot understand where I am coming from using your pragmatic atheist perspective of Reality.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I wouldn't say that speculation is not scientific, but I would say that speculation is inconclusive...meaning no conclusion.
It is how science progresses beyond what is currently known.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:57 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
It is how science progresses beyond what is currently known.
Frankly, you shouldn't be giving me a thumbs-up.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Frankly, you shouldn't be giving me a thumbs-up.
If you insist, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Old 01-18-2022, 12:00 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
This is the basic communication problem involved with transferring direct experiences into communicable explanations for others. All we have are our language, cultural referents, and knowledge to form the descriptions and explanations.
Yes, when the experience is an actual event. But for NDEs, the evidence is apparently that the NDE is a later invention that did not happen during the operation.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, when the experience is an actual event. But for NDEs, the evidence is apparently that the NDE is a later invention that did not happen during the operation.
Who are you to determine that for anyone else and how could you ever know this?

Old 01-18-2022, 09:17 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Who are you to determine that for anyone else and how could you ever know this?

By using my intelligence and looking at the science.

You should try both sometime.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:56 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Because no other world has been shown to exist?

Incorrect. Some scientists have speculated and hypothesized about additional dimensions and even additional entire universes. Such hypotheses are imagined to see where they might lead in order to possibly explain some long-standing problems in science, such as the so-called fine-tuning problem. Alan Guth imagined a sudden burst of superluminal expansion (inflation) in the very, very early Universe, which turned out to explain three very thorny problems -- the flatness problem, the horizon problem, and the monopole problem (which is really the only one he was trying to solve). No one is certain whether inflation occurred, but in providing answers to these problems, it is given a fairly high level of plausibility.
You seem pretty well versed in this area, so I'll ask you a question no one else seems to consider or address very well...

How can there NOT be other universes?

Perhaps important to first define what we mean by universe. There is the known or observable universe estimated to be about 14 billion years old. Then there is obviously what existed before the beginning of our known observable universe. All indications seem to suggest that all existence has no beginning or end. Accordingly, is it not necessary to recognize what was there before this one known observable universe that's been around only about 14 billion years? What about all time before that?

Then too there is the outer limit of our observable universe. What is on the outside of that limit? You can fit many an additional universe within infinite space...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality