Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 01:27 PM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I don't recall anyone asking you for what you consider pretentious or not, . We are discussing the imputed significance of a statue based on its similarity to descriptions in a biblical prophecy, NOT whether or not you think a poster is pretentious.
i am not discussing a person.
i am discussing the views and opinions expressed.

in particular the views expressed that people "shouldn't express opinions" and "shouldn't even talk about it" without "doing the research."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 01:59 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i am not discussing a person.
i am discussing the views and opinions expressed.

in particular the views expressed that people "shouldn't express opinions" and "shouldn't even talk about it" without "doing the research."
Pretentious refers to a person pretending to be more important than they are. How do views do that??

Old 12-26-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Pretentious refers to a person pretending to be more important than they are. How do views do that??
good question. start a thread.

Old 12-26-2021, 05:35 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I had to Google that to know what you are even talking about:
https://www.snopes.com/news/2021/12/...mes-sculpture/
It is an artist's depiction of a winged jaguar guarding world peace. I don't see any reason to disbelieve that.........
Thank you for your ^ above^ link.
With backing the UN can be strengthened to carry out God's Will against trouble-filled corrupted religion.
What I find of interest is that it seems to be depicting the UN as the guardian of Peace and Security.
That ties in nicely with 1st Thess. 5:2-3
When the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security..." that is actually going to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one to usher in global Peace on Earth.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked -> Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15

Old 12-26-2021, 06:24 PM

19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times
What sort of meaningful prophecy is people in charge using the phrase "peace and security"? That is verbiage that governments have used since the beginning of time as that is part of their function. A google search of this phrase turned up a proclamation from JFK in the early 1960s using this phrase and one from Obama in 2011, right off the bat. So by your logic, those were indicators of the tribulation too.

And how about this one: Abraham Lincoln used this exact phrase in his first inauguration address in 1861:

Quote:
I now reiterate these sentiments: and in doing so, I only press upon the public attention the most conclusive evidence of which the case is susceptible, that the property, peace and security of no section are to be in anywise endangered by the now incoming administration.
Coincidence? I think not!!! The rapture was imminent 160 years ago! It must have already happened!

Old 12-27-2021, 10:18 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
He just expressed HIS opinion about these things. The only CZAR around here is the one who keeps criticizing the posts of others and passing judgment on them. Do you recognize that in yourself, Tzaph???
Very clearly not, and for a very long time now very clearly a lost cause. Very simple as that...

That's an opinion of course. Mine and obviously one shared by me and more than a few others, but to the point about evaluating opinions based on their merit, I think this opinion is more than well justified by now.

Old 12-27-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
good question. start a thread.
A good question that you should maybe take a moment to answer!

Old 12-27-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
A good question that you should maybe take a moment to answer!
the phrase that comes to mind is "don't should on me"

Old 12-27-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
the phrase that comes to mind is "don't should on me"
I'll bet that phrase comes to your mind quite often. Maybe more often than it should...

Old 12-27-2021, 11:42 AM

there is a level of awareness present when someone consciously chooses not to "sh---" on people.
that awareness is lacking in those who freely tell people what they "should" be doing. They are shoulding on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality