Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 04:32 AM

13,624 posts, read 10,027,837 times

Advertisements

Honestly, in comparison with God, we are, so, would/could we have been told everything?

It's just, I see so many quoting scriptures, but don't think a being as great as God, could have passed everything on to such a low life form. It would be a lot like me drawing pictures, and showing them to my goldfish. (If I had one).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2021, 07:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Honestly, in comparison with God, we are, so, would/could we have been told everything?

It's just, I see so many quoting scriptures, but don't think a being as great as God, could have passed everything on to such a low life form. It would be a lot like me drawing pictures, and showing them to my goldfish. (If I had one).
"Everything"? Nope. But he's told us what he has chosen to tell us. And that is in the Scriptures.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
We're not asking for the sum knowledge of the universe, just one question: Did the Jesus of the gospels really live--was he a real person? How hard is that to answer? Simple yes or no. God being a deist god won't say.
yup

err...sorry. "yes"

He's told us that. Gave us 4 Gospels and many other books.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:19 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
"Everything"? Nope. But he's told us what he has chosen to tell us. And that is in the Scriptures.
He told our primitive ancestors what they could comprehend with their undeveloped carnal minds but they misunderstood God from the very beginning. God came as a human to correct the misunderstanding but our ancestors were unable to comprehend the spiritual message. They feared a wrathful God and were too carnal-minded (and terrified of Spirits anyway). Apparently, things haven't changed much since.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:23 AM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Honestly, in comparison with God, we are, so, would/could we have been told everything? It's just, I see so many quoting scriptures, but don't think a being as great as God, could have passed everything on to such a low life form. It would be a lot like me drawing pictures, and showing them to my goldfish. (If I had one).
made in God's image is hardly a "low life form." We carry a piece of the Creator within us, and we have free choice whether to recognize that and both honor the Creator, and also honor all of humanity (individually and collectively) as being children of God. and to act and conduct ourselves in a manner befitting.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:23 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:

As far as having the intellect of root vegetables, speak for yourself. But it seems odd to me that you are equating people with the intellect of root vegetables to the worship of "god". Hmmmmmm.

Old 12-28-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He told our primitive ancestors what they could comprehend with their undeveloped carnal minds but they misunderstood God from the very beginning. God came as a human to correct the misunderstanding but our ancestors were unable to comprehend the spiritual message. They feared a wrathful God and were too carnal-minded (and terrified of Spirits anyway). Apparently, things haven't changed much since.
Blah blah blah

Old 12-28-2021, 11:10 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah
This response says so much about you.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:02 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah
...you add so much to the thread discussions with your thought provoking posts...

Old 01-02-2022, 05:10 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
Quote:

...i don't know about you but i was conceived with the divine spark and don't perceive myself as a low life at all...i doubt my creator looks at me as a "low life form" either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality