Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2022, 10:12 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Your posts dont show any of your struggle, they are fine.
The point is not about highlighting or judging anyone's lack of grammar.

It was the irony of someone lecturing and lamenting about rhetoric and what not and the superior quality of Jesuit learning and then using ellipses outrageously to incoherence. C'mon it is irresistible to comment on that. Yeah of course the polite thing would be to ignore it and address the post.

But jeez, if we all did just that ... here we are still discussing the grammar instead of the OP. Please.
Almost as bad as someone who can hardly add 2 + 2 in the way of logic and reason lecturing about using and understanding analogies. Irony is sometimes a very funny thing indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 10:21 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Almost as bad as someone who can hardly add 2 + 2 in the way of logic and reason lecturing about using and understanding analogies. Irony is sometimes a very funny thing indeed!
One thing I learned very quickly in this and other forums is that the actual, practical definition of 'logic' is 'my opinion is'.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
One thing I learned very quickly in this and other forums is that the actual, practical definition of 'logic' is 'my opinion is'.
Hence the topic of this thread.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:33 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Like putting "PhD in their screen name?
Actually, that was for clarity in identifying my background and perspective. If I had simply put Mystic, it would have denoted and connoted an erroneous impression of my state of knowledge and state of mind.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, that was for clarity in identifying my background and perspective. If I had simply put Mystic, it would have denoted and connoted an erroneous impression of my state of knowledge and state of mind.
Why Mystic in the first place?

Old 01-10-2022, 10:42 AM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Like putting "PhD in their screen name?

Old 01-10-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
There you go. So clarity in communication is important. Don't fight it.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:15 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
PhD in what?

Old 01-10-2022, 11:55 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,102 times
Quote:
Anyone who has been following the news lately (and for quite some time actually) has got to notice how important it really is to recognize the truth and/or the lies. How important it truly is to separate the facts from the nonsense, or we end up with people believing, pursuing and insisting on a dangerous battle with windmills that affects all of us. Brings us all down. Indeed the inability of so many people to separate the truth from the lies is a very dangerous thing.

Whether it be religion or politics, the result of this want to embrace falsehoods instead of the truth in order to pursue misguided agendas is a very dangerous thing indeed.

No one really knows what to do about this problem, and I'm short of answers too, but at a minimum I'd ask anyone how they go about separating the truth from the lies? Does their process pass muster?

What is your process and why does it pass muster in your opinion?
Windmills and solar panels, they seek to power the world. As they seek to harness spirit and light.

Spirit life and light are present in God's first spoken words.

The truth has a foundation that it rest's upon, a Holy Sabbath Day. A lie tries to mimic the truth in a fraudulent way, or to latch on for some semblance of footing, but it is not secure and always shifting.

The question is, which do you view as being at your expense or being your benefit. Which one provides. Abraham and Isaac know that answer.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Logic uses words and concepts. Mathematics uses numbers. Numbers never lie, words can. You seem to understand neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality