Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2022, 02:18 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
COuld you clarify what you mean by the bolded?
Is the person asking for evidence or is it the blockhead the intended audience?
Sure. Now that I reread my statement it definitely wasn't clear.

If the person making the assertion doesn't want to share evidence with a particular listener, chances are that the listener was not the intended audience. Of course, one could argue that the one who asserts has no evidence to share. I personally wouldn't take that approach, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 02:27 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
I won't ask you to prove that. I will ask, however, what does it even mean? Obviously everything does indeed appear to be existing. Why relabel that God? And what about dead people? They appear not to be existing anymore. In fact, the past is no longer in existence. Is that no longer God? I'm just saying your belief is kind of vague.
Gone over this many times. I do not "relabel it God" (it is defined as such) any more than you "relabel" Fireman Jim (who has a name) to be a "Hero". You add the TITLE to that which already exists.
And what about dead people? Their death (and life) is/was part of that which comprises ALL.
Whatever is happening...Reality (God/ALL) is doing it.
Whatever there is, wherever it is...it is part of what comprises Reality (God/ALL)....or did, or will, comprise Reality.
Whatever is "created" (or eliminated)...that is done by and through Reality (God/ALL).
Reality (God/ALL) is as "Godly" as God gets. So, I add the TITLE to it.

Old 01-18-2022, 02:38 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
I won't ask you to prove that. I will ask, however, what does it even mean? Obviously everything does indeed appear to be existing. Why relabel that God? And what about dead people? They appear not to be existing anymore. In fact, the past is no longer in existence. Is that no longer God? I'm just saying your belief is kind of vague.
So let's say he's right.

So what?

At least with christianity, Hindusim, Buddhism, etc., we can say: and here are moral lessons to live by.

But when we keep is that everything is god...so what?

Old 01-18-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nah. The problem is the harassment & interrogation by those that are so arrogant to think that anyone owes them any explanation whatsoever beyond "That's what I believe", or, at most, "That's what is put forth in the most epic & prolific writings in human history, and I accept it as meritorious".
I explain my beliefs very simply. My Pantheist Beliefs hold that ALL (Reality/Existence) is GOD. God is known to be defined as, among other definitions and meanings, Reality & Something of Supreme Value.
Reality/Existence/ALL unequivocally and irrefutably exists, and is of Supreme Value.
So...there ya go.
Not that I ever owed anyone a explanation.
I now suggest that anyone demanding "Objective Evidence", proof, etc for someones sincerely held beliefs, be told, "Go spit into a strong wind...HOWBOWDAH?"
Why don't you quit crying.

There's a simple way to end your feelings of being harassed. Put people that you include above -- probably including me -- on ignore. It will probably take you about 3 minutes. End of problem.

I'll tell you why you don't do that: you know it's not harassment...you just savor the battle.

Old 01-18-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
For me, the religion part is easy.

To start off with, there is a Quranic verse, which is considered one of the greatest of versus.

17:81 And proclaim: "The Truth has come, and falsehood has vanished. Surely falsehood is ever bound to vanish."

The test of time is perhaps one of the best ways to separate lies from the truth.

The challenge is, we have a limited time of about 80 years of life. And when it comes to religion, then we must try our best to make the right choice, because time is not coming back.

For politics, it's an altogether different story.
Modern day media and journalism all around the globe has become a prostitute. It will open up it's legs to whoever pays more. There is no honesty and ethics left in reporting the news, EVERY ONE is pushing someone's agenda.

As a result, our brains have been numbed and addicted. They give us our daily doze of dopamine in the form of news that we WANT to hear and believe, REGARDLESS of whether it's true or not.

To pierce through the fog of lies and get to the core to find the truth, perhaps all we can do is verify what we WANT to believe and what we do NOT want to believe from multiple sources, use common sense and intelligence and be open to anything when we pass a judgement.

We should also not always rush to practically take any drastic actions based on what gets fed into our brains by the news and politics. Sometimes we should watch and see which way the wind blows.
Please don't get another interesting thread closed down by getting way into politics.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why don't you quit crying.

There's a simple way to end your feelings of being harassed. Put people that you include above -- probably including me -- on ignore. It will probably take you about 3 minutes. End of problem.

I'll tell you why you don't do that: you know it's not harassment...you just savor the battle.
I've never "reported" a post or put anyone on "ignore".
Not how I roll.
I have said straight up that I like the strange interactions of this forum...and that's why I've stuck around.
I really do find it amusing...I've noted that for over a decade.
You happen to be one of my all time favorites.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I've never "reported" a post or put anyone on "ignore".
Not how I roll.
I have said straight up that I like the strange interactions of this forum...and that's why I've stuck around.
I really do find it amusing...I've noted that for over a decade.
You happen to be one of my all time favorites.
When you can solve your own stated problem, but don't, then you have no valid complaint (even though you keep complaining).

Old 01-18-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
When you can solve your own stated problem, but don't, then you have no valid complaint (even though you keep complaining).
I don't have a "problem"...and you even noted that.
Now, go and spit into a strong wind...then pound some sand....after you get in your requisite 10 daily posts, of course.
The TRUTH...this world is very, very, very Religious, and getting more so! HOWBOWDAH?!!

Old 01-18-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I don't have a "problem"...and you even noted that.
Now, go and spit into a strong wind...then pound some sand....after you get in your requisite 10 daily posts, of course.
The TRUTH...this world is very, very, very Religious, and getting more so! HOWBOWDAH?!!
If you don't have a problem, you wouldn't have written, "The problem is the harassment & interrogation..."

Old 01-18-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
So let's say he's right.

So what?

At least with christianity, Hindusim, Buddhism, etc., we can say: and here are moral lessons to live by.

But when we keep is that everything is god...so what?
Well...if you hold that I am right.
1. It denotes the TRUTH about that which is definitively God objectively existing.
2. It may then evoke the reverence its got comin'.
That's what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality