Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 02:02 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times

Advertisements

It has been a few years, and I have not been able to locate it, but I saw a documentary that explained the whole "Jesus" thing out from when he was on the cross, and the nails were not placed as they had been on others, to rock that was moved, and the sightings of "Jesus" after his death. Does anyone remember such a documentary?

It was very compelling and totally logical. I want to share it with someone waiting for the "Rapture", yeah, I don't buy that one either.

I will continue to search for it, but so far, I have had no luck in finding it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 04:32 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Sound like fake new documentary. Jesus is alive still, no matter what some deceived guru says

Old 01-20-2022, 09:15 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
Did you mean Fist of Jesus ? The one that explores the mysteries around the "Miracles" which some say did and some say Did not happen?

Old 01-21-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sound like fake new documentary. Jesus is alive still, no matter what some deceived guru says
Well, I guess you haven't seen it. Jesus is the son of God just like every other man is the son of God. No longer do a lot of people rely on stories passed from generation to generation. Before TV, a good story teller was worth their weight in gold.

And this was not a "guru", it told a more believable tale of how the Jesus myth played out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Did you mean Fist of Jesus ? The one that explores the mysteries around the "Miracles" which some say did and some say Did not happen?
I am not sure, but I'll check it out. It could be as surviving the cross would be a "miracle", had Jesus been nailed the way that others had been.

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2022, 01:26 PM

I was actually able to find similar information in a book entitled "Deceptions and Myths of the Bible". It starts out by referencing stories that were pre-Bible and incorporated into the Bible. It is very interesting, and it explains so much. As I have stated before, before television/movies, a good storyteller was worth his/her weight in gold.

I was never one much for "blind" faith, thus my faith is either justified or not. I just see true faith as having to be justified not just pulled out of thin air.

Old 02-25-2022, 03:44 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,660,299 times
Kind of sounds like "Marketing the Messiah."

Old 02-26-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Kind of sounds like "Marketing the Messiah."
I just googled that, and I am definitely going to check that out! Thanks!

Old 02-26-2022, 12:39 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It has been a few years, and I have not been able to locate it, but I saw a documentary that explained the whole "Jesus" thing out from when he was on the cross, and the nails were not placed as they had been on others, to rock that was moved, and the sightings of "Jesus" after his death. Does anyone remember such a documentary?

It was very compelling and totally logical. I want to share it with someone waiting for the "Rapture", yeah, I don't buy that one either.

I will continue to search for it, but so far, I have had no luck in finding it.

"Who wrote the Bible by Robert Beckford"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtTAwg-13zI

Old 03-24-2022, 07:57 AM

I also found a website that has a lot of information: https://thechurchoftruth.org/jesus-d...for-your-sins/

I want to thank everyone that responded to my thread here. I never realized there were so many sources sorting out the "truth". I know far too many that blindly support a religious platform, and fear even listening to a descending opinion, even if backed by the "logical".

I always thought if one's beliefs couldn't stand up to scrutiny, maybe one needed to take a second look.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:40 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I also found a website that has a lot of information: https://thechurchoftruth.org/jesus-d...for-your-sins/

I want to thank everyone that responded to my thread here. I never realized there were so many sources sorting out the "truth". I know far too many that blindly support a religious platform, and fear even listening to a descending opinion, even if backed by the "logical".

I always thought if one's beliefs couldn't stand up to scrutiny, maybe one needed to take a second look.
Too few people think like that. It is why the primitive misinterpretation and misunderstanding of what Jesus did and why has lasted for millennia. We were saved when God incarnated and permanently joined all humanity as Jesus. THAT was the Gospel ("Good tidings of great joy to all people") that was referred to, NOT His scourging and crucifixion through our savagery and ignorance. That was definitely NOT good news.

It is not very flattering to humanity that our selfish concern over the consequences of our sins (missing the mark) caused us to accept the scapegoat blood sacrifice rationale for millennia. Our sins were just separating us from God, but that was ended when God became one of us. Now we just need to try to be as much like Jesus as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality