Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 08:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
We can't undo the damage Satan and Adam brought upon mankind.
We can't resurrect oneself or another, so we need someone who can resurrect us - Jesus can and will - Rev. 1:18.
Jesus being sinless to death thus balanced the Scales of Justice for us opening up the way to everlasting life.
- Matthew 20:28
That is baloney...Satan was nothing more than an angel who refused to serve God, (he is not a powerful God in himself), Claiming that God could not undo his damage, is giving Satan much more credit than he deserves, its basically saying Satan is more powerful than God, (because God is unable to correct his wrong).

Besides that, if you look at the story of 'Mans fall'...Adam/Eve made the decision to take a bite...but why was Satan even allowed to enter the garden of Eden in the first place? and why were the 3 of them able to converse with each other and understand each other? (God was the only entity who could have made all that possible)...

I wonder what Adam and Eve would have done, if Satan attempted to speak to them, but they were not able to understand his language?

To put this another way...if you are a parent of a child, would you 'allow' some dangerous person who was intent on harming your child, to have complete access to them, or allow them to speak to them? OF COURSE NOT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 10:01 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ha...lol...for a Catholic it's to please God.
That has been ingrained into my soul ...and Thank God it was.

I am no longer a Roman Catholic...but that love and respect
and adoration for God has NEVER left me.

My motivation? ..to feel His Presence, His Love, His Divine Grace....it's selfish and in turn...
to give Him the love that He wants and craves and desires and needs from us.
WHAT a Divine Romance!
Will people here on CD relate even a little to what I'm saying ? Maybe 3 people.
That just comes across to those of us who didn't get the privilege to feel that presence or love as "God chose ME but not YOU. Neener neener." There are more than three of you on here who feel that way. But, enjoy.

Those of us who were rejected by your standard-issue version of God seek other paths that are more receptive and welcoming to us.

To answer the question, the times that I have chosen to try to live a spiritual life were because I wanted to be a better person than the one I am by nature.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:17 AM

50,815 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That just comes across to those of us who didn't get the privilege to feel that presence or love as "God chose ME but not YOU. Neener neener." There are more than three of you on here who feel that way. But, enjoy.

Those of us who were rejected by your standard-issue version of God seek other paths that are more receptive and welcoming to us.

To answer the question, the times that I have chosen to try to live a spiritual life were because I wanted to be a better person than the one I am by nature.
Good response.

Despite 30 years of trying exclusively as a christian (first as a methodist, then as a catholic), it just never resonated with me. Then another 25 years of trying to meld christianity with Buddhism, and still no 'success' with christianity. Buddhism resonated with me more and more since 1986.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:55 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Jesus came to provide the Holy Spirit so that man can be taught of God.
Though men have abused Jesus' name for their own interests, it does not change God's design.
The relationship with God is far different than mere faith in concerning God.
Religion is man's attempt to reach God, Jesus superseded that with the Holy Spirit He alone can provide.
David said, 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding and in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path'.
I know this to be true.
God is omnipresent and all-knowing.
God is completely aware of who you are and what you are and no secrets that can be kept from Him. the rebellion in your heart is the barrier between you. If I am insistent in trying to mold my own picture of God, I am resistant. If Jesus has no Lordship in me I am resistant. If I rely on men's approval over that of God's I am resistant.
Jesus said, "Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled".
There are times I spent days praying, needing His direction and tutelage in my life, and in time God opened my eyes in ways you cannot imagine. God is not concerned with academics, it is far more important that one learns the value of listening to Him and His direction.
Matthew 7;21,22,23, Jesus makes it clear that abusing His name ( even successfully) does not constitute a relationship.
A man can choose to be a preacher, but his real value in God's economy is being a carpet layer. What good does it do to miss God's best to be doing something noble in men's eyes and disobedient in God's eyes?
God can use a man either way, but in the end, the obedient get the rewards.
Thinking on an eternal basis is much more powerful than this temporary life.

Old 01-27-2022, 12:31 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:

My motivation? ..to feel His Presence, His Love, His Divine Grace....it's selfish and in turn...
WHAT a Divine Romance!
Will people here on CD relate even a little to what I'm saying ? Maybe 3 people.
This ^^^^ is a beautiful sentiment.
Full of love, light, and a great vibe of positivity!

Old 01-27-2022, 03:59 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:

WHAT a Divine Romance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus came to provide the Holy Spirit so that man can be taught of God.
Though men have abused Jesus' name for their own interests, it does not change God's design.
The relationship with God is far different than mere faith in concerning God.
Religion is man's attempt to reach God, Jesus superseded that with the Holy Spirit He alone can provide.
David said, 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding and in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path'.
I know this to be true.
God is omnipresent and all-knowing.
God is completely aware of who you are and what you are and no secrets that can be kept from Him. the rebellion in your heart is the barrier between you. If I am insistent in trying to mold my own picture of God, I am resistant. If Jesus has no Lordship in me I am resistant. If I rely on men's approval over that of God's I am resistant.
Jesus said, "Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled".
There are times I spent days praying, needing His direction and tutelage in my life, and in time God opened my eyes in ways you cannot imagine. God is not concerned with academics, it is far more important that one learns the value of listening to Him and His direction.
Matthew 7;21,22,23, Jesus makes it clear that abusing His name ( even successfully) does not constitute a relationship.
A man can choose to be a preacher, but his real value in God's economy is being a carpet layer. What good does it do to miss God's best to be doing something noble in men's eyes and disobedient in God's eyes?
God can use a man either way, but in the end, the obedient get the rewards.
Thinking on an eternal basis is much more powerful than this temporary life.
These testimonials by Miss Hepburn and arleigh are so beautiful. What lovely testimonials for Mainstream Religious Belief. Sweet.
How wonderful to come here and see something like this.
When I read them...I could feel a beautiful vibe envelop me...so full of love & joy. It enriched my soul.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:52 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I am pleased for the folks who experience God as a personal entity.

For me, as I understand it, God is probably the actual energy which we are talking about and the personalities are collectives of individuals being individuated as one "front man" for the group and we experience it personalised that way. I do not think what you are all experiencing is one entity but one of these collectives with a front man. That does not water down the experience of God because it is the conscious energy of love, acceptance, and everything else which is what we experience through this front man.

I am not saying God is not involved at all, but a "front man" is far more likely than the totality of the energy you call God manifesting just for us. I think we would probably burn up into a crisp if even a minute percentage of this energy was to manifest before us, the sheer energetic magnitude of it all would be too much and we would explode. That means it will not happen that way but the energy will be stepped down much like an electricity transformer transforms power station electricity into household energy and so we will experience what we can tolerate at our level of development.

These front men are so far advanced from us that to us, they probably are near to our concept of God, but in reality there is a long way yet to go before they experience oneness. I think we are all out here in the material 3D worlds - far, far from the Source and there are many levels of progression before we get anywhere close to the Source.

So, maybe God is an experience dependent on your level of development and how far energetically you are from the Source of the energy.

My motivation is to try and understand more of how our experience here on 3D Earth is slotted into the whole and I think there are pieces of knowledge and information scattered around throughout different religions and the occult teachings of history. I also think there is lots more to discover.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:44 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am pleased for the folks who experience God as a personal entity.

For me, as I understand it, God is probably the actual energy which we are talking about and the personalities are collectives of individuals being individuated as one "front man" for the group and we experience it personalised that way. I do not think what you are all experiencing is one entity but one of these collectives with a front man. That does not water down the experience of God because it is the conscious energy of love, acceptance, and everything else which is what we experience through this front man.

I am not saying God is not involved at all, but a "front man" is far more likely than the totality of the energy you call God manifesting just for us. I think we would probably burn up into a crisp if even a minute percentage of this energy was to manifest before us, the sheer energetic magnitude of it all would be too much and we would explode. That means it will not happen that way but the energy will be stepped down much like an electricity transformer transforms power station electricity into household energy and so we will experience what we can tolerate at our level of development.

These front men are so far advanced from us that to us, they probably are near to our concept of God, but in reality there is a long way yet to go before they experience oneness. I think we are all out here in the material 3D worlds - far, far from the Source and there are many levels of progression before we get anywhere close to the Source.

So, maybe God is an experience dependent on your level of development and how far energetically you are from the Source of the energy.

My motivation is to try and understand more of how our experience here on 3D Earth is slotted into the whole and I think there are pieces of knowledge and information scattered around throughout different religions and the occult teachings of history. I also think there is lots more to discover.
I can resonate with this. What you call the "frontman," I would see as the equivalent of Jesus Christ for our species in each sentient species in each solar system harboring sentience.

Old 01-28-2022, 09:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
This ^^^^ is a beautiful sentiment.
Full of love, light, and a great vibe of positivity!
But, guess what, since some have a bad reaction ...
I won't be sharing anything like this again answering a question for the op.
Better not to rock the boat...like standing up ---''Look the sun finally!!! YAY!"
Not good.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:05 AM

762 posts, read 452,309 times
Helps me to have more tranquility and less fear that even though life will have it challenges, God will make it right. This helps me to keep my focus and be more useful to others, instead of worrying or stressing over things that cannot be controlled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality