Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 05:49 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
OK, lets take out God and Christians out the equation to make your life easy.

You are free to solve the problem and blame it to who ever you want.

You said, God was not doing a good job. Now that, God is out of equation, you must feel good, and hopefully free yourself from this stress.
Why don't we do what you say -- take god and christians out of all equations. Fine by me. Mission accomplished. All you folks do is make excuses anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 05:55 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Default What is your motivation for living a spiritual life?

The answer is easy. Our spiritual life is the only REAL one. Our physical worldly one is our spiritual Boot Camp.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:01 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why don't we do what you say -- take god and christians out of all equations. Fine by me. Mission accomplished. All you folks do is make excuses anyways.
No sir, verbal blabbering won’t do, you will need to man up now.

You should shift your ficus to help resolve the issue if you TRULY cared about those hungry people, instead of worrying about God doing a bad job.
How about permanently donating a quarter of your income to the charities that fight against world hunger?
God didn’t care about world hunger, do you?

Old 02-14-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
No sir, verbal blabbering won’t do, you will need to man up now.

You should shift your ficus to help resolve the issue if you TRULY cared about those hungry people, instead of worrying about God doing a bad job.
How about permanently donating a quarter of your income to the charities that fight against world hunger?
God didn’t care about world hunger, do you?
I'm glad you can admit that "God didn't care about world hunger".

Old 02-15-2022, 01:35 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Does that solve the actual problem at hands? That's the world hunger you talked about.

Don't worry about God. Worry about the issue that you raised ... quarter salary or hypocrisy? which one is it gonna be?

Old 02-15-2022, 01:55 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Quote:
Does that solve the actual problem at hands? That's the world hunger you talked about.

Don't worry about God. Worry about the issue that you raised ... quarter salary or hypocrisy? which one is it gonna be?
Whatever they claim they think about what God (that they say does not exist, showing how illogical they are) does or doesn't do about people dying from starvation...they are necessarily guilty of themselves, for whatever they could do to help the problem, but don't.

Old 02-15-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:

Don't worry about god? Then you're off topic because this sub forum is "Religion & Spirituality".

And btw, on a fixed retirement income, I still do what I feel I can for a number of charities.

Old 02-15-2022, 02:14 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009
For inner soul happiness, peace and love - having received in my soul the very essence of God - His Divine Love - delivered by God's Holy Spirit - for over 40 years. (My parents had no clue about this.)

The beauty about following the Divine Love path is that it's effortless. Our souls were created with longings for God's awesome Love and that's all it takes for God's greatest gift to enter into our soul. Prayer also helps, but at some point that's not even necessary.

This Love is of a holier nature than the natural love we're born with and is a soul cleanser which periodically removes sin off of our soul. When a sufficient amount of GDL (God's Divine Love) is received, our soul becomes "Divine" and we're assured of immortality. Jesus was the first human being to receive GDL and at the time of his baptism, he became a Divine man - at one with God in His attributes of peace, love, compassion, humility, gentleness, etc.

This is the narrow way Jesus referred to when he said: "Strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leads to life eternal, and few there be who enter therein."

I will be one of the few.

How about you?
And, many would ask how you know you have it in the bag and what makes you so sure? What makes you so sure there will only be a few, rather than everyone who takes the course on Earth gets a certificate and a diploma?

To me, it is inconceivable that the entry passes were started to be handed out at a particular time in history and restricted to a certain number. As if there is limited space or they only have enough plates or chairs. I do not even believe that time is a real phenomena as I think it is something you agree to believe in and abide by when you incarnate here.
The "entry passes" have been available since Jesus' birth 2022 years ago. Prior to that, they were available at the time of Adam and Eve, until they messed up and decided they could be as God is. Well, they blew that and their fall from grace proceeded as God, our creator and Heavenly Father, withdrew the privilege of obtaining His awesome Divine Love until the privilege was again bestowed upon all of His children with Jesus being the first to obtain it.

When people learn of God's greatest gift, many times they don't believe it. Or if they do believe it, they don't want it. And that's perfectly fine. It just means that the gate to the Celestial Heavens will be closed to them. And it should be known that the gates will close at some time - so nobody will be able to enter thereafter.

In the spirit world, there is an obvious distinction between spirits who are receiving Divine Love - it's an eternity thing and never stops - and those who aren't. Those spirits, who are called Celestial Angels or Divine Angels - are taller and more beautiful than the spirits who aren't on the Divine Love path.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:58 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:

That's a totally false and contrived choice.

I appreciate you admitting that god isn't going to solve world hunger, and that it's on us to fix it. To tackle that sustainably at scale is a group effort (government, IOW, probably at the national level) and so it's mainly a matter of policy advocacy. Hunger in wealthy countries like the US is mainly a matter of lack of will, and greed. A fraction of the US defense budget would put food in everyone's belly tomorrow. A fraction of some billionaire's fortunes would suffice as well, as well as a fraction of most large corporation's resources.

Virtually no individual in this conversation could responsibly divert some arbitrary percentage of their wealth to feeding the poor. It's a large problem as to scale, but entirely fixable, at the level of society. Any one person crusading alone in order to "prove something" to you would be on a fool's errand.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
That's a totally false and contrived choice.

I appreciate you admitting that god isn't going to solve world hunger, and that it's on us to fix it. To tackle that sustainably at scale is a group effort (government, IOW, probably at the national level) and so it's mainly a matter of policy advocacy. Hunger in wealthy countries like the US is mainly a matter of lack of will, and greed. A fraction of the US defense budget would put food in everyone's belly tomorrow. A fraction of some billionaire's fortunes would suffice as well, as well as a fraction of most large corporation's resources.

Virtually no individual in this conversation could responsibly divert some arbitrary percentage of their wealth to feeding the poor. It's a large problem as to scale, but entirely fixable, at the level of society. Any one person crusading alone in order to "prove something" to you would be on a fool's errand.
He's just another religionist trying to shift the focus away from religion's failures. Essentially he's saying don't blame hunger on 240 million christians that aren't working to actually solve the problem, blame it on Victor who points out the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality