Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 09:16 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Of course Jesus was Jewish.

He lived at home; he went into his father's business; and his mother thought he was G-D.
Funny. Another to add to my list! Thanks!

Old 03-05-2022, 10:11 AM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It is a debate because the beginning of early Christianity is not as obvious as the later church leaders said it was. The start of Christianity was Jewish, but if the 'historical' Jesus is an allegory for a heavenly Jesus, the question in the OP is moot.
It is a debate because the Jewish minds of the Apostles and disciples simply were not accepting of spiritual interpretations. They were deathly afraid of Spirits and would never have accepted the spiritual import or message of Jesus. They were and are focused entirely on carnal or worldly concerns and are still expecting their worldly king (Moshiach") to come. The Christian church corrupted Christ's Good News Gospel with the beliefs about God from the Jewish fables.

They misinterpreted Jesus's unambiguous in-person Divine Revelation of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross as an appeasement of the OT wrathful and vengeful War God. While the Bad News Gospel of fear of Hell has clearly been effective with the largely illiterate and barbaric minds of evolving humanity, the actual spiritual understanding of God went downhill from there.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:11 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is a debate because the Jewish minds of the Apostles and disciples simply were not accepting of spiritual interpretations. They were deathly afraid of Spirits and would never have accepted the spiritual import or message of Jesus. They were and are focused entirely on carnal or worldly concerns and are still expecting their worldly king (Moshiach") to come. The Christian church corrupted Christ's Good News Gospel with the beliefs about God from the Jewish fables.

They misinterpreted Jesus's unambiguous in-person Divine Revelation of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross as an appeasement of the OT wrathful and vengeful War God. While the Bad News Gospel of fear of Hell has clearly been effective with the largely illiterate and barbaric minds of evolving humanity, the actual spiritual understanding of God went downhill from there.
You know, Mystic, this is in the Religion and Spirituality section, not the Christianity one. It would be really nice if you could refrain from insulting Judaism by making statements such as "They were and are focused entirely on worldly or carnal concerns and are still expecting their worldly king (Moshiach) to come". You obviously think Christianity is the only way to "believe", but that doesn't give you the right to diss other religions or their beliefs. You make statements to the same effect all the time and I'm really sick of it.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:25 PM

9,330 posts, read 13,002,482 times
Quote:

Hey now, is that just another way of calling us globalists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
You know, Mystic, this is in the Religion and Spirituality section, not the Christianity one. It would be really nice if you could refrain from insulting Judaism by making statements such as "They were and are focused entirely on worldly or carnal concerns and are still expecting their worldly king (Moshiach) to come". You obviously think Christianity is the only way to "believe", but that doesn't give you the right to diss other religions or their beliefs. You make statements to the same effect all the time and I'm really sick of it.
But he hates all non-believers equally!

Old 03-05-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Hey now, is that just another way of calling us globalists?

But he hates all non-believers equally!
That may be so, but he's primarily referring to the Jews as primitive, barbaric, carnal-minded ancestors with their War G-d. Frankly, it's tiresome. For someone who is supposed to have had a personal experience with Jesus, one would think he would be a bit more in touch with the agape love he's always touting.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
My equally offensive views seem to irritate and annoy the atheists, agnostics, and all manner of theists alike. I apologize if my views of what I see as the misinterpretations of God by BOTH the Jews and the Christians anger you. But it seems pretty obvious to me. The Jews rejected the spiritual kingdom of God offered by Jesus in favor of their expectations of a worldly king. Do you dispute that?

Old 03-05-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
That may be so, but he's primarily referring to the Jews as primitive, barbaric, carnal-minded ancestors with their War G-d. Frankly, it's tiresome. For someone who is supposed to have had a personal experience with Jesus, one would think he would be a bit more in touch with the agape love he's always touting.
There is no escaping the truth about our primitive ancestors, Bungalove. There really is no disputation to be had. What rankles me and astonishes me to this day is the acceptance and retention of their primitive reasoning. It is inexplicable to me.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:50 PM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:

Old 03-06-2022, 04:22 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,415 times
Quote:
The Jews rejected the spiritual kingdom of God offered by Jesus in favor of their expectations of a worldly king. Do you dispute that?
I do. This is a misrepresented history. The Jews rejected a false human in favor of the idea of God's actual promise of a pious human who would usher in a spiritual age. As that spiritual age did not happen, looks like we were right.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
There is no escaping the truth about our primitive ancestors, Bungalove. There really is no disputation to be had. What rankles me and astonishes me to this day is the acceptance and retention of their primitive reasoning. It is inexplicable to me.
Even in this response, you are still using the pejorative term "primitive reasoning". It seems your prejudice is so ingrained that you can't refrain from referring to any religious beliefs other than Christian ones in a negative fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality