Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2022, 09:00 AM

996 posts, read 785,836 times

Advertisements

1. Joseph and Mary
122:1.1 (1344.4) Joseph, the human father of Jesus (Joshua ben Joseph), was a Hebrew of the Hebrews, albeit he carried many non-Jewish racial strains which had been added to his ancestral tree from time to time by the female lines of his progenitors. The ancestry of the father of Jesus went back to the days of Abraham and through this venerable patriarch to the earlier lines of inheritance leading to the Sumerians and Nodites and, through the southern tribes of the ancient blue man, to Andon and Fonta. David and Solomon were not in the direct line of Joseph’s ancestry, neither did Joseph’s lineage go directly back to Adam. Joseph’s immediate ancestors were mechanics—builders, carpenters, masons, and smiths. Joseph himself was a carpenter and later a contractor. His family belonged to a long and illustrious line of the nobility of the common people, accentuated ever and anon by the appearance of unusual individuals who had distinguished themselves in connection with the evolution of religion on Urantia.

122:1.2 (1345.1) Mary, the earth mother of Jesus, was a descendant of a long line of unique ancestors embracing many of the most remarkable women in the racial history of Urantia. Although Mary was an average woman of her day and generation, possessing a fairly normal temperament, she reckoned among her ancestors such well-known women as Annon, Tamar, Ruth, Bathsheba, Ansie, Cloa, Eve, Enta, and Ratta. No Jewish woman of that day had a more illustrious lineage of common progenitors or one extending back to more auspicious beginnings. Mary’s ancestry, like Joseph’s, was characterized by the predominance of strong but average individuals, relieved now and then by numerous outstanding personalities in the march of civilization and the progressive evolution of religion. Racially considered, it is hardly proper to regard Mary as a Jewess. In culture and belief she was a Jew, but in hereditary endowment she was more a composite of Syrian, Hittite, Phoenician, Greek, and Egyptian stocks, her racial inheritance being more general than that of Joseph.

122:1.3 (1345.2) Of all couples living in Palestine at about the time of Michael’s projected bestowal, Joseph and Mary possessed the most ideal combination of widespread racial connections and superior average of personality endowments. It was the plan of Michael to appear on earth as an average man, that the common people might understand him and receive him; wherefore Gabriel selected just such persons as Joseph and Mary to become the bestowal parents.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...-infancy-jesus

Old 03-06-2022, 09:24 AM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
The Jews rejected a false human in favor of the idea of God's actual promise of a pious human who would usher in a spiritual age. As that spiritual age did not happen, looks like we were right.

The serpent came along claiming to be a pious one. How will you know the difference from your good and evil human perspective.

Even from a human marital perspective, do you truly know one togetherness, or are you always on the outside trying to look inward to your spouse. When Leah named her children, it culminated in the naming of Judah.

When you speak of the spiritual age, I look to the complete knowing of another in one togetherness, which is currently clouded with the knowledge of good and evil joined or married together in humans. And the judgements all around that go with that.

There is a eternally deeper realm of intimacy and knowing one togetherness. And to know that one togetherness that doesn't leave you always on the outside of the house trying to look in and wondering how to interpret every word, motion or expression. Consider everything from this good and evil world that is erased in the realm of all together goodness. Reality that takes you past the door of interpretation, to knowing, as the Prophet Jeremiah said, from the least to the greatest.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:24 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Even in this response, you are still using the pejorative term "primitive reasoning". It seems your prejudice is so ingrained that you can't refrain from referring to any religious beliefs other than Christian ones in a negative fashion.
I get just as much grief from the Christians about my characterization of their barbaric beliefs as barbaric, Bungalove. Primitive is primitive, barbaric is barbaric, and savage is savage. There is no escaping the truth no matter whose Ox is being gored!

Old 03-06-2022, 09:33 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
The serpent came along claiming to be a pious one.
really? Show me.
Quote:
Even from a human marital perspective, do you truly know one togetherness, or are you always on the outside trying to look inward to your spouse.
I have no idea what this means. I guess you can ask my wife...
Quote:
When Leah named her children, it culminated in the naming of Judah.
No, it culminated in her naming Zevulun (Gen 30:20) though I'm not sure why any of this is relevant.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:49 AM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:
really? Show me.

I have no idea what this means. I guess you can ask my wife...

No, it culminated in her naming Zevulun (Gen 30:20) though I'm not sure why any of this is relevant.
Is the serpent/satan really what you want me to show you? Should I mirror that to you?

Why should I ask your wife if you know everything her heart contains?

That was not the point I was making. I was making the point of what culminated in the naming of Judah after Leah named her first three sons and what she said after naming them. Maybe you can see the relevance, or maybe not.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:50 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My equally offensive views seem to irritate and annoy the atheists, agnostics, and all manner of theists alike. I apologize if my views of what I see as the misinterpretations of God by BOTH the Jews and the Christians anger you. But it seems pretty obvious to me. The Jews rejected the spiritual kingdom of God offered by Jesus in favor of their expectations of a worldly king. Do you dispute that?
Quote:
I do. This is a misrepresented history. The Jews rejected a false human in favor of the idea of God's actual promise of a pious human who would usher in a spiritual age. As that spiritual age did not happen, looks like we were right.
By what spiritual measure was He determined to be false and NOT pious? As to ushering in the spiritual kingdom, I believe that His Spirit influencing nations, societies, their kings, and leaders for over 2022 years qualifies. Make no mistake, rosends, I have enormous admiration and respect for the Jewish people. Your discipline and devotion to God are crucial. You were chosen by God to bring His Holy Spirit to humanity during a time when an empire ruled the known world by brutality. It has been a slow spiritual evolution from that brutality that still has not been fully accomplished.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Is the serpent/satan really what you want me to show you? Should I mirror that to you?
Show me text in which is is stated that he claimed to be a pious one.
Quote:
Why should I ask your wife if you know everything her heart contains?
OK, so don't ask her.
Quote:
That was not the point I was making. I was making the point of what culminated in the naming of Judah after Leah named her first three sons and what she said after naming them. Maybe you can see the relevance, or maybe not.
So it didn't culminate. Got it.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:02 AM

Quote:
By what spiritual measure was He determined to be false and NOT pious?
1. Claims he made didn't come true
2. teachings he gave and behaviors he did went against Jewish law
Quote:
As to ushering in the spiritual kingdom, I believe that His Spirit influencing nations, societies, their kings, and leaders for over 2022 years qualifies.
OK. I just don't see an time of war, poverty and general suffering to be an especially spiritual kingdom.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:23 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
I get just as much grief from the Christians about my characterization of their barbaric beliefs as barbaric, Bungalove. Primitive is primitive, barbaric is barbaric, and savage is savage. There is no escaping the truth no matter whose Ox is being gored!
Ah, what YOU define as "the truth" though, which may be entirely subjective.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:30 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
He was raised a Jew, but by the time he reached his adult life and ministry, he clarified and contrasted his life against the Jews / Pharisees, and showed himself as something very different.

The clash between the two sides showed he was no longer a traditional Jew, no longer supported animal sacrifices, no longer supported God as being for the Jews only (now for all / Gentiles as well), and now promoted love and forgiveness over the law. The Jews could not stand that, and killed him. They wouldn't have killed him if he was one of their own.
I thought the Romans killed Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality