Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 12:21 PM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Existence is not just intelligent...it IS intelligence. All the intelligence there is.
Which would figure, since Existence is anything and everything. Including all Gods and concepts of God.
Yes, we know your dogma. Yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 12:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Existence is not just intelligent...it IS intelligence. All the intelligence there is.
Which would figure, since Existence is anything and everything. Including all Gods and concepts of God.
So if humans stopped existing would all Gods and concepts of Gods then stop existing?

Old 03-31-2022, 01:58 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathro View Post
You want me to explain how spontaneous generation is not a fairy tale -I don't believe in it. We are not talking about evolution - did you not read the OP.
Have I mentioned evolution?

Old 03-31-2022, 01:59 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Once again you are mistaking evolution with the origin of life. Yes they are both concerned with biology but are torally different.

Evolution is a fact and has been observed plus has been sucessful in prediction of species. The origin of life is a hypothesid and your creation myth is just one of many creation myths. And you do not accept those other creation myths, do you?
Not sure I've mentioned evolution. Why are you so hung up on that?

I'm asking for proof of life coming from non-life.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:06 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Have I mentioned evolution?
Yes, here: 'but this evolution miracle is plausible'

Old 03-31-2022, 02:11 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
You believe that biological life came from non-biological life. So you believe in a-bio-genesis.

So do you have proof (your standard) for this?

Old 03-31-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Not sure I've mentioned evolution. Why are you so hung up on that?

No you did mention evolution. I am not hung up on evolution, I accept The Theory Of Evolution through Natural Selection. It is more than plausible.

As far as life from non life, according to your very own Bible Adam was created from non life while Eve was either from life or from non life. Sorry if you do not agree but amino acids are non life as is mud or clay.

Old 03-31-2022, 04:21 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
You want me to explain how spontaneous generation is not a fairy tale -I don't believe in it. We are not talking about evolution - did you not read the OP.
Just because the word spontaneous exists for the appearances we cannot explain does NOT mean it somehow automatically becomes an explanation!!! It is a euphemistic placeholder for our ignorance, NOT an explanation. The same is true for the other euphemisms, i.e., emergent, self-organizing, etc.

Old 03-31-2022, 04:30 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just because the word spontaneous exists for the appearances we cannot explain does NOT mean it somehow automatically becomes an explanation!!!
Ok, I did not say it did!

Quote:
It is a euphemistic placeholder for our ignorance, NOT an explanation. The same is true for the other euphemisms, i.e., emergent, self-organizing, etc.
The Baptist wanted me to 'explain' - take it up with him. He was using spontaneous for the specific claim that Pasture showed was not correct not some generalized euphemism with other synonyms.

Old 03-31-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Ok, I did not say it did!

The Baptist wanted me to 'explain' - take it up with him. He was using spontaneous for the specific claim that Pasture showed was not correct not some generalized euphemism with other synonyms.
Just because science has a specific meaning for sponateous generation does not mean we should use that if Mystic has another meaning for that phrase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality