Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 02:46 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

I thought Lots wife was killed off so Lot could get drunk and knock up both his daughters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
I see. The Quran doesn’t mention anything about the incest between Prophet Lot and incest with his daughters. We consider this a lie.
But it's in the Bible. Are you saying you believe the Bible contains lies?

Old 04-06-2022, 02:49 PM

150 posts, read 156,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I thought Lots wife was killed off so Lot could get drunk and knock up both his daughters.
Maybe that’s what the Bible says. But the Quran definitely doesn’t say that lol. We Muslims believe that God destroyed Prophet Lot’s wife because she went against her husband and defended homosexuals. She betrayed her husband.

Moreover, we don’t believe in the story regarding incest.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:25 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
I see. The Quran doesn’t mention anything about the incest between Prophet Lot and incest with his daughters. We consider this a lie.
Yes, it is one of the differences in the same story told in two different cultures.

The Jewish story predates the Muslim one, but Muslims consider the earlier story inaccurate.

Some Christians believe the Jewish version to be accurate, while others believe it to be simply a story designed to support the enmity between the Jews and the different tribes.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:56 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe that’s what the Bible says. But the Quran definitely doesn’t say that lol. We Muslims believe that God destroyed Prophet Lot’s wife because she went against her husband and defended homosexuals. She betrayed her husband.

Moreover, we don’t believe in the story regarding incest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, it is one of the differences in the same story told in two different cultures.

The Jewish story predates the Muslim one, but Muslims consider the earlier story inaccurate.

Some Christians believe the Jewish version to be accurate, while others believe it to be simply a story designed to support the enmity between the Jews and the different tribes.
The real issue here is literal interpretations of metaphorical & allegorical literary texts that are representative and not "documentary" and/or actual accounts of occurrences & scenarios.
That is 100% fully the answer...to ALL these kind of critiques & questionings.
But...if it is viewed from a literal standpoint, the writings also provide any and all answers: The Omnimax Powered God that knows everything and can do anything, whos thoughts and ways are above ours did and/or sanctioned all these things.
Also...any critique or questioning of it is wrong too...because the writings tell you that you are not to lean upon your own understanding, but just completely defer to God.
I actually would say the main thing in a literal interpretation, is the directive not to try to critique it, arbitrate it, or question it in any way.
Because that essentially is blasphemy...as you are judging God...and must place God as subordinate to do that. And that is the ultimate sin.
According to literal interpretations.

Old 04-06-2022, 04:01 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
God said why He destroyed Sodom in Ezekiel 16;48-50 ....... ``As I live, said the Lord God, Sodom your sister has not done, she not her daughters, as you have done, you and your daughters....... Look this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom, pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy..... And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me, therefore I took them away as I saw Good ``...................... See the leaders were rich and ignored the poor and let them starve, so the cities went crazy and sinned before God ........ Where Lot's wife looked back as she was disobedient to the command of God and looked back as the city was destroyed, so she was destroyed with the cities ...... Then the cities of Lot's daughters were both cursed with sins against God, as Lot was the cousin of Abraham

Old 04-06-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Yes because I’m a Muslim.

Old 04-06-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Yes because I’m a Muslim.
Thanks. If that part of the story was in the Quran would you say it must have happened or would you have the option to reject it?

Old 04-06-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The real issue here is literal interpretations of metaphorical & allegorical literary texts that are representative and not "documentary" and/or actual accounts of occurrences & scenarios.
That is 100% fully the answer...to ALL these kind of critiques & questionings.
But...if it is viewed from a literal standpoint, the writings also provide any and all answers: The Omnimax Powered God that knows everything and can do anything, whos thoughts and ways are above ours did and/or sanctioned all these things.
Also...any critique or questioning of it is wrong too...because the writings tell you that you are not to lean upon your own understanding, but just completely defer to God.
I actually would say the main thing in a literal interpretation, is the directive not to try to critique it, arbitrate it, or question it in any way.
Because that essentially is blasphemy...as you are judging God...and must place God as subordinate to do that. And that is the ultimate sin.
According to literal interpretations.
Near as I can tell, a good third of Christians believe the Bible is the literal word of God and as such has been protected by Him.

Old 04-06-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks. If that part of the story was in the Quran would you say it must have happened or would you have the option to reject it?
If it were in the Quran, I would believe it. But I believe the Quran says that Christian’s accuse Prophet Lot of having incest with his daughters. So I’m sure that’s not true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality