Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 11:37 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
They noted specifically what they took issue with...Believers praying for them.
And I even showed that others posted they agreed.
There have even been threads on this...Atheists all tweaked-out over people praying for them, and prayers in general. Replete with the usual spew about if you get sick or hurt, don't go to the emergency room, just pray...don't prepare for the natural disaster, just pray...don't pray for grieving people, it's worthless...praying for Atheists is cruel in many ways... etc.

Bottom Line: As usual, you claimed nobody did something that was noted, and demanded "proof" of it (rudely and aggressively)...and kept it up when you did not get a immediate response.
So...again...I proved you wrong and showed where Theistic Beliefs & Believers were insulted and mocked by Atheists...as is their standard modality.
You owe cb2008 a apology...you did accuse them of lying, over & over, even referring to their post in vulgar terms.
I do not owe CB2008 an apology. She did not claim that one atheist said sonething, she said that stheists view prayers as threats. It is pure bigotry to blame an entire group or class based upin a single example.

Requesting proof of a claim is nit demanding, rude or agressive.

What vulgar terms did I use. Be specific if you do not mind.

You showed what could be considered an example but maybe not. Read to be more as a response to your normal MO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 11:41 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
They noted specifically what they took issue with...Believers praying for them.
And I even showed that others posted they agreed.
There have even been threads on this...Atheists all tweaked-out over people praying for them, and prayers in general. Replete with the usual spew about if you get sick or hurt, don't go to the emergency room, just pray...don't prepare for the natural disaster, just pray...don't pray for grieving people, it's worthless...praying for Atheists is cruel in many ways... etc.

Bottom Line: As usual, you claimed nobody did something that was noted, and demanded "proof" of it (rudely and aggressively)...and kept it up when you did not get a immediate response.
So...again...I proved you wrong and showed where Theistic Beliefs & Believers were insulted and mocked by Atheists...as is their standard modality.
You owe cb2008 a apology...you did accuse them of lying, over & over, even referring to their post in vulgar terms.
It's a shame that I have to keep explaining this. So I'm going to explain it one more time, but this time I'll use an analogy.

Let's say that Charlie is an animal lover. And he looks across the street and he sees Emily who he decides seems lonely. So one day he knocks on her door and leads a big dog into her living room. "You seem lonely. So I got this dog for you. It's just what you need". "No, I don't want a dog". "Well, now you've got one", and Charlie walks out leaving Emily with a dog she doesn't want.

Charlie -- and you -- are not in the right...Grandma. Because that is exactly who are like...my grandmother...who, whether a child or adult was involved would do things for/to people against their will, and when they objected she would say, "I'm doing it for your own good"...as if that gave her the right to always interfere in the lives of others. If it was sex instead of religion, you'd be a predator. Well, you are a predator -- a religious predator.

And furthermore, you're doing it for the wrong reason, grandma. If you were doing it for the right reason, you wouldn't be bragging about it. You'd just do it silently and it would be between you and your god, not done with the intent of angering another person.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:41 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It's a shame that I have to keep explaining this. So I'm going to explain it one more time, but this time I'll use an analogy.

Let's say that Charlie is an animal lover. And he looks across the street and he sees Emily who he decides seems lonely. So one day he knocks on her door and leads a big dog into her living room. "You seem lonely. So I got this dog for you. It's just what you need". "No, I don't want a dog". "Well, now you've got one", and Charlie walks out leaving Emily with a dog she doesn't want.

Charlie -- and you -- are not in the right...Grandma. Because that is exactly who are like...my grandmother...who, whether a child or adult was involved would do things for/to people against their will, and when they objected she would say, "I'm doing it for your own good"...as if that gave her the right to always interfere in the lives of others. If it was sex instead of religion, you'd be a predator. Well, you are a predator -- a religious predator.

And furthermore, you're doing it for the wrong reason, grandma. If you were doing it for the right reason, you wouldn't be bragging about it. You'd just do it silently and it would be between you and your god, not done with the intent of angering another person.
Ahhhh, yes...now I see the problem.
Anyone that does not know the difference between giving & leaving someone with positive conscious thoughts/energy (prayer), and giving & leaving someone with a big dog, is not in a position to be able to logically process these concepts.
I knew there were issues...but not to this extent. Thanx for helping me to understand.
I will pray for you.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I do not owe CB2008 an apology. She did not claim that one atheist said sonething, she said that stheists view prayers as threats. It is pure bigotry to blame an entire group or class based upin a single example.

Requesting proof of a claim is nit demanding, rude or agressive.

What vulgar terms did I use. Be specific if you do not mind.

You showed what could be considered an example but maybe not. Read to be more as a response to your normal MO.
"Yes posters other than yourself need to provide evidence but you never do.

Where is your evidence that any atheists view someone praying for them a threat or a terrorist attack? Name the atheist.

I do not think you can because you simply made that up to demostrate your contempt towards us. No , you made a falae claim and now you require evidence to prove your bs false."
What does "bs" stand for? That is vulgar.

Also...note your second paragraph. This is what you claim is so dishonest and cannot be shown.
But YOU were the dishonest one...as I proved.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:54 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
"Yes posters other than yourself need to provide evidence but you never do.

Where is your evidence that any atheists view someone praying for them a threat or a terrorist attack? Name the atheist.

I do not think you can because you simply made that up to demostrate your contempt towards us. No , you made a falae claim and now you require evidence to prove your bs false."
What does "bs" stand for? That is vulgar.

Also...note your second paragraph. This is what you claim is so dishonest and cannot be shown.
But YOU were the dishonest one...as I proved.
The last two examples that YOU provided did not call prayers a trear and I read the first one as a response to your baiting them. So I did not lie. You may not agree with my assesment however that does not make them lies.

You fibd bs vulgar?

Old 04-19-2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The last two examples that YOU provided did not call prayers a trear and I read the first one as a response to your baiting them. So I did not lie. You may not agree with my assesment however that does not make them lies.

You fibd bs vulgar?
The term is considered profanity by the TOS:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/54523228-post6.html

You said to cb2008:
"Where is your evidence that any atheists view someone praying for them a threat or a terrorist attack? Name the atheist."

"My evidence is you have zero evidence to back your claim that atheists see prayers as threats, which you demostrate by not providing one bit of evifence to support your claim.
So even though no atheists has claimed that prayers are threats or acts of terrorism we must believe that because CB2008 says so and she knows everything about atheists."

"Your claim is wrong, dishonest and disrespectful which is ironical coming from a poster who thinks an atheist is disrespectful just by existing. Your claim is wrong and unsupported. I dont need to see yours as your false statements are easy to find on this forum."

I PROVED you were wrong:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63160855-post887.html

There is the evidence that you are wrong, and was not right to insult cb2008.
But you lack the character to admit it and apologize...even with the evidence displayed for all to see.
Most unfortunate. I will pray for you.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:53 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
The term is considered profanity by the TOS:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/54523228-post6.html

You said to cb2008:
"Where is your evidence that any atheists view someone praying for them a threat or a terrorist attack? Name the atheist."

"My evidence is you have zero evidence to back your claim that atheists see prayers as threats, which you demostrate by not providing one bit of evifence to support your claim.
So even though no atheists has claimed that prayers are threats or acts of terrorism we must believe that because CB2008 says so and she knows everything about atheists."

"Your claim is wrong, dishonest and disrespectful which is ironical coming from a poster who thinks an atheist is disrespectful just by existing. Your claim is wrong and unsupported. I dont need to see yours as your false statements are easy to find on this forum."

I PROVED you were wrong:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63160855-post887.html

There is the evidence that you are wrong, and was not right to insult cb2008.
But you lack the character to admit it and apologize...even with the evidence displayed for all to see.
Most unfortunate. I will pray for you.

I will pray to Lord Shiva, my favorite deity. I pray for peace for everyone, the whole world and all that is in it, anyway. Every day.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I will pray to Lord Shiva, my favorite deity. I pray for peace for everyone, the whole world and all that is in it, anyway. Every day.
That's beautiful cb...very nice.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh, yes...now I see the problem.
Anyone that does not know the difference between giving & leaving someone with positive conscious thoughts/energy (prayer), and giving & leaving someone with a big dog, is not in a position to be able to logically process these concepts.
I knew there were issues...but not to this extent. Thanx for helping me to understand.
I will pray for you.
Religious predator.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
So that means your style of posting will change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality