Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 01:55 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathro View Post
Begs the question: And how would you go about showing this - what is the falsification of such? What does showing 'why' entail? Why must the universe itself be sentient or living for us to have sentience? Set forth the goal posts and let's see what comes of it!

The ultimate hocu=pocus is 'I can't figure out these complex and interesting phenomenon thus God did it.'

There is nothing illogical about 'nature having all the necessary properties to account for things like sentience.' I can a-priori define stuff all day long - like God.
The Theists have had the answer for thousands of years, and it has stood all this time...it's on you all to prove your claims for how everything was created (and controlled, maintained, sustained, and/or eliminated through known "Laws" and "processes") without it being by and through God.
By the way I agree that God (Nature/The Universe/Reality/etc) has all the "necessary properties" for everything to occur by and through it.
But that's what we have been telling you all along...now you claim it's something other than that.

Old 04-24-2022, 02:04 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The Theists have had the answer for thousands of years, and it has stood all this time...it's on you all to prove your claims for how everything was created (and controlled, maintained, sustained, and/or eliminated through known "Laws" and "processes") without it being by and through God.
By the way I agree that God (Nature/The Universe/Reality/etc) has all the "necessary properties" for everything to occur by and through it.
But that's what we have been telling you all along...now you claim it's something other than that.
I knew you could not do it. Thanks for playing!

Sorry but me not being able to explain X does not grant the assertion Y as the default position despite it's long history.

You claiming that 'it' - Nature/The Universe/Reality/etc - is living and sentient is what is claiming something other than what it is or what we know it to be given our understanding of 'it'.

Confusing the the parts with he whole is a fallacy. Again, Why must the universe itself be sentient or living for us to have sentience?

Old 04-24-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I knew you could not do it. Thanks for playing!

Sorry but me not being able to explain X does not grant the assertion Y as the default position despite it's long history.

You claiming that 'it' - Nature/The Universe/Reality/etc - is living and sentient is what is claiming something other than what it is or what we know it to be given our understanding of 'it'.

Confusing the the parts with he whole is a fallacy. Again, Why must the universe itself be sentient or living for us to have sentience?
As is typical...you are hung up on "separate things".
Reality (ALL That Exists) is just One Thing...and it's God.
Reality (ALL That Exists) necessarily IS "life"...it IS "sentience"...as it IS anything and everything.
You need to get hip to The Oneness (God) that is everything.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:06 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
As is typical...you are hung up on "separate things".
Reality (ALL That Exists) is just One Thing...and it's God.
Great, now how do you demonstrate it is God (living and sentient)? You can't! You have not and you won't!

Quote:
Reality (ALL That Exists) necessarily IS "life"...it IS "sentience"...as it IS anything and everything.
No, you asserting it does not make it so - see above. You defining it into existence a-priori does not demonstrate any such thing. You have not ACCOUNTED for why it is necessary.

Quote:
You need to get hip to The Oneness (God) that is everything.
I'm hip to you being on a merry-go-round asserting things without one shred of evidence while demanding it of others.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Great, now how do you demonstrate it is God (living and sentient)? You can't! You have not and you won't!

No, you asserting it does not make it so - see above. You defining it into existence a-priori does not demonstrate any such thing. You have not ACCOUNTED for why it is necessary.

I'm hip to you being on a merry-go-round asserting things without one shred of evidence while demanding it of others.
Of course Reality is God...the meaning/definition (among other meanings/definitions) of the word/term "G-O-D" is, The Supreme/Ultimate Reality.
I can prove that if you need me to.

God is Reality...that is, Everything in totality. That includes life, sentience, and anything & everything else.
You cannot BE all sentience, and not be sentient.
You cannot BE all consciousness, and not be conscious.
You cannot BE all life, and not be living.
Now you all might get hip to where the Theological Books get the "Omnimax Powers" they ascribe to the Deities.
They are metaphorically and allegorically describing God (The Supreme/Ultimate Reality), God's attributes, and how God functions.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:51 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
Of course Reality is God...the meaning/definition (among other meanings/definitions) of the word/term "G-O-D" is, The Supreme/Ultimate Reality.
I can prove that if you need me to.
If you think I need you to prove the definition of G-O-D that would be stupid as I already noted anyone can a-priori define it as they see fit. Did you not understand the question?

Quote:
God is Reality...that is, Everything in totality. That includes life, sentience, and anything & everything else.
You cannot BE all sentience, and not be sentient.
You cannot BE all consciousness, and not be conscious.
You cannot BE all life, and not be living.
Yeah, you keep asserting such - we can see that!

Quote:
Now you all might get hip to where the Theological Books get the "Omnimax Powers" they ascribe to the Deities.
They are metaphorically and allegorically describing God (The Supreme/Ultimate Reality), God's attributes, and how God functions.
Ok, back to the task of what I asked!

Old 04-24-2022, 04:55 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
So...you told us how you rolled...as if that makes it "how it should be" or "the right way".
I say...the "best and *right* way to be", is to proselytize and promote your Theological Way as fervently as possible.
And anybody that does not like that...adopt the "Might Makes Right" posture that humankind has assumed for most of human history to very efficient & effective success.
HOWBOWDAH?!
Why would that be any more or less the way one should be, from a strictly objective standpoint, than what you described?

The best and right way is to mind your own business. If people wanted to know anything about your ideas re faith, they'd ask you.

Old 04-24-2022, 05:00 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The best and right way is to mind your own business. If people wanted to know anything about your ideas re faith, they'd ask you.
And they've just been lining up!

Old 04-24-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
If you think I need you to prove the definition of G-O-D that would be stupid as I already noted anyone can a-priori define it as they see fit. Did you not understand the question?

Yeah, you keep asserting such - we can see that!

Ok, back to the task of what I asked!
Well...since you know that "G-O-D" is formally defined as "The Supreme/Ultimate Reality"...that's a wrap.
Reality is everything and anything in totality...including all attributes there are.
And it doesn't just possess those attributes...as "ALL", it IS those attributes.

Now...you need to apply logic & reason that is untainted by bias and aversion to be able to cogitate properly on this...so, that might be a impediment for you.

Old 04-24-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Right...and since this forum is titled "Religion and Spirituality" it would be a given that is a major part of the "business" of the forum and those coming here.
And "asking" is what they do here.
Now..if one "Lacks Faith" for others to ask about...they can respectfully and politely ask those who do possess Faith about their particular Beliefs.
If one is not at all interested in any of that...it would not be logical to think that they are on this board for any good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality