Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 12:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How do you know heaven and hell are imaginary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Lol Jimmie come on now he states his exact position and reasoning in the very post you are quoting and responding to. His actual claim is that there is no evidence for the claims of heaven and hell, so he lacks anything with which to afford belief to either. Where is your evidence for these claims?
@ Jimmiej... see mordant's reply. What part do you not understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 01:07 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
@ Jimmiej... see mordant's reply. What part do you not understand?
Well, I wish mordant would quit answering my questions addressed to you.

What I don’t understand is how you know heaven and hell are imaginary.

Old 05-09-2022, 01:52 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I contribute to findagrave.

El Dorado " City of Gold". This is why I would never challenge you to a game of Jeopardy. Do you know who Ron Carlson is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaeZgKa9F4
No, I just looked him up, though. Interesting.

My sister contributes to findagrave. I think she's got about 50,000 posts/photos.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:18 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, I just looked him up, though. Interesting.

My sister contributes to findagrave. I think she's got about 50,000 posts/photos.
My dad is 79 and handed me family albums. I've been trying to identify everyone and link them up and get their pics uploaded. He's the last to know all of these people.

I put her on there because she was cremated and it felt wrong that there was no place to remember her. People 100 years from now can click and see her and wonder about her. I love just following rabbit holes on that site.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Well, I wish mordant would quit answering my questions addressed to you.

What I don’t understand is how you know heaven and hell are imaginary.
There is no proof to the contrary, is there?

Old 05-09-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
There is no proof to the contrary, is there?
Lack of evidence is only a valid conclusion if all possible sources of proof have been explored. Unless you have died and come back, I cannot consider your “evidence”.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:52 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
His "No God" told him that was the default situation. Most atheists listen to their "No God" as if it is fact. I know because I used to be one.
More word games. Do you ever get tired of playing your word games on upon the same crowd over and over?

Old 05-09-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Lack of evidence is only a valid conclusion if all possible sources of proof have been explored. Unless you have died and come back, I cannot consider your “evidence”.
Lack of evidence is no reason to make an assertion as if it was fact. It's not even a hypothesis, all gods, spirits, spooks, ghosts, demons, or ethereal magical places are all figments of imaginations which not only have no evidence, they don't even have any substantive suggestions other than the imagination of individuals.

It doesn't matter that millions have a similar fantasy, that does not make it real.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:

Lack of evidence is no reason to make an assertion as if it was fact.
It's not even a hypothesis, all gods, spirits, spooks, ghosts, demons, or ethereal magical places are all figments of imaginations which not only have no evidence, they don't even have any substantive suggestions other than the imagination of individuals.

It doesn't matter that millions have a similar fantasy, that does not make it real.
I agree (bolded above).

Old 05-10-2022, 07:05 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I suspect our ability to conceive of the next life is as limited as our ability to envision this life would have been if we were sentient in our mother's womb. In short, as Vizzini would say, "Inconceivable!" I actually look forward to seeing the Awesome Panorama of Infinity as God slaps my spiritual behind after my physical death and rebirth as Spirit!
ha.... love this answer.
You always have a way with words.

Whenever I hear someone say "eh... eternity...boring..." I just automatically think that person has very, very, very little imagination and they should really spend more time pondering and freeing their mind, allowing it to open up and explore possibilities. Whole worlds will open up when you tap into the imagination. I'm with Mystic. I'm looking forward to, as he put it, "seeing the Awesome Panorama of Infinity..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality