U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2022, 03:06 PM
 
Location: minnesota
14,007 posts, read 4,917,104 times
Reputation: 4449

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I don't believe in it.

But if it was there ... one component ...

A place where others accept you until you can accept yourself.
Exactly
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2022, 02:06 AM
 
5,567 posts, read 2,601,160 times
Reputation: 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Never posted here but I want to hear people's opinions, not an endless stream of Bible verses.

The Christian version of heaven doesn't sound all that appealing and sometimes I think I'd rather not "go", lol. Saying this as a struggling believer.

A new, perfect Earth does sound appealing but the golden streets, being rulers and all that---- And more judgement! Who wants that?

IF your spiritual beliefs include a "heaven" what do you envision it to be? Is it just what you hope, or do you have some kind of confidence based on something "reliable"?

For me, having zero to base this on---my concept would be the ability to traverse the entire Universe and see it all, which would be a good reason to live "forever", lol.
There is no obligation of any worship and any accountability in the Islamic heaven.
The obligation to worship and being a subject to accountability, is only for this life in the Islamic doctrine.
There is absolutely no worry of any sort, no responsibility and no job or work to do in heaven.

There is an unlimited supply of food and sex and alcohol (that doesn’t result a hangover) in heaven.

And if you think logically, ‘all different kinds of foods’, ‘sex’ and ‘drinks’, are perhaps the three things that you don’t get bored of doing no matter how long have you been doing it.
When was the last time you’ve heard anyone saying, “I am bored of sex so ain’t doing it anymore”?

I think Christian heaven is perhaps the least appealing to me.
Not only it seems to have an obligation to worship (and accountability) but it has no sex either.
I wouldn’t even call it a heaven.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 05:43 AM
 
13,307 posts, read 5,103,732 times
Reputation: 7496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Never posted here but I want to hear people's opinions, not an endless stream of Bible verses.

The Christian version of heaven doesn't sound all that appealing and sometimes I think I'd rather not "go", lol. Saying this as a struggling believer.

A new, perfect Earth does sound appealing but the golden streets, being rulers and all that---- And more judgement! Who wants that?

IF your spiritual beliefs include a "heaven" what do you envision it to be? Is it just what you hope, or do you have some kind of confidence based on something "reliable"?

For me, having zero to base this on---my concept would be the ability to traverse the entire Universe and see it all, which would be a good reason to live "forever", lol.
Heaven is what children believe - eternal candy land. My spiritual path speaks of liberation, freedom. And that is not a place but a way of living and it can be achieved here on earth.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 06:43 AM
 
Location: minnesota
14,007 posts, read 4,917,104 times
Reputation: 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Heaven is what children believe - eternal candy land. My spiritual path speaks of liberation, freedom. And that is not a place but a way of living and it can be achieved here on earth.
Why can't it be achieved on earth?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 06:52 AM
 
20,079 posts, read 17,362,630 times
Reputation: 15985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I don't believe in it. But if it was there ... one component ...
A place where others accept you until you can accept yourself.
that is offered and available in 12-step meetings.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 06:55 AM
 
13,307 posts, read 5,103,732 times
Reputation: 7496
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why can't it be achieved on earth?
You may read what you have quoted more carefully.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 07:36 AM
 
Location: minnesota
14,007 posts, read 4,917,104 times
Reputation: 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You may read what you have quoted more carefully.
Oops I get it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 09:35 AM
 
5,567 posts, read 2,601,160 times
Reputation: 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Heaven is what children believe - eternal candy land. My spiritual path speaks of liberation, freedom. And that is not a place but a way of living and it can be achieved here on earth.
You can’t stop yourself farting a few times day, here on earth - what “liberation and freedom” you are talking about?
Oh, may be you are talking about not paying taxes?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 09:49 AM
 
13,307 posts, read 5,103,732 times
Reputation: 7496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You can’t stop yourself farting a few times day, here on earth - what “liberation and freedom” you are talking about?
Oh, may be you are talking about not paying taxes?
why are you so angry?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2022, 02:26 PM
 
4,560 posts, read 3,058,750 times
Reputation: 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why can't it be achieved on earth?
Because people become "adults" and start to tell themselves certain concepts and things are the domain of children.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top