Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 06:22 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,240 times

Advertisements

Religiously curious? Faith-seeker? Agnostic theist?

So far some of my spiritual/religious beliefs in include

-I firmly believe in reincarnation, but I do not think everyone gets that chance of being reincarnated, at least not right away and that some sort of judgment day could happen, like if you were very well exceptionally-behaved in your previous life, that alone will determine the fate of your destiny for your next life

-I believe our souls experience disconnect from the physical world here and there(examples could include sleep paralysis, seizures, sleepwalking, derealizations, hallucinations, I feel like these are spiritual experiences and not meant to be physical ones)

-I do still believe in heaven, but I don't really believe in hell

I do believe in the cycle of Karma instead

-I also believe life is a cycle of suffering and reward, left and right

I taken typology quizes, so far I gotten 2 Hinduism, 1 Christianity and 1 Buddhism

I definitely learned a lot more than usual about my spiritual/religious beliefs during this 6-month burnout perioid of mine

I will say all this spiritual and religious conductive examination on myself has reduced my loneliness, depression, fear of death(50/50), anxiety/stress and upped my self confidence more than ever, I feel that God is perhaps guiding me thru all of this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 06:35 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
why do you need a label?

just be "someone who believes in a higher power"
and believes in reincarnation, souls, heaven, karma.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:36 PM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Sounds like Buddhism is a close fit EXCEPT that generally Buddhists don't believe in a creator god (however, Buddhists are free to believe what they believe...at least Theravada Buddhist).

Tzap makes a good point here.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:46 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post

-I firmly believe in reincarnation, but I do not think everyone gets that chance of being reincarnated, at least not right away and that some sort of judgment day could happen, like if you were very well exceptionally-behaved in your previous life, that alone will determine the fate of your destiny for your next life

-I believe our souls experience disconnect from the physical world here and there(examples could include sleep paralysis, seizures, sleepwalking, derealizations, hallucinations, I feel like these are spiritual experiences and not meant to be physical ones)

I taken typology quizes, so far I gotten 2 Hinduism, 1 Christianity and 1 Buddhism

I definitely learned a lot more than usual about my spiritual/religious beliefs during this 6-month burnout perioid of mine

I will say all this spiritual and religious conductive examination on myself has reduced my loneliness, depression, fear of death(50/50), anxiety/stress and upped my self confidence more than ever, I feel that God is perhaps guiding me thru all of this

It's okay to believe in a higher power as long as you come to the early realization that it doesn't believe in you.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:52 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,560 times
God writing His law on a person's heart is a beautiful thing.

Better to be defined by God than self-defined.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
It's okay to believe in a higher power as long as you come to the early realization that it doesn't believe in you.
My experience would say otherwise

Old 05-07-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
God writing His law on a person's heart is a beautiful thing.

Better to be defined by God than self-defined.
Thanks

Old 05-07-2022, 07:14 PM

640 posts, read 449,610 times
OP, looks like you need to choose a religion and stick to it, rather than having an eclectic set of beliefs. All religions are collective, and all of them would bring you together with other adherents, who will help you learn.

Which one to choose? Whichever your parents had . . . or their parents. I wouldn't go for an exotic one, though, but it's just me.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:23 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post

I would say that you are seeking spiritual understanding and that I dislike "labeling" people.

Why should any one religion be the only "true" one? The great spiritual truths are unchanging. It is as wrong for a Buddhist to take a human life as it is for a Christian as it is for a Hindu, etc. Jesus said, "In my House there are many mansions." I have always taken this to mean that salvation is not something that only Christians can receive or that only Buddhists can attain enlightenment. Anyone who seeks to follow the path of righteousness is the same as a Christian who is the same as a Buddhist who is the same as a Jew... All are inspired by the same spirit which dwells within us each.

It sounds to me as if God has indeed been your guide in your quest. Just keep on following your own path and more will be revealed to you. God bless!

Old 05-07-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I would say that you are seeking spiritual understanding and that I dislike "labeling" people.

Why should any one religion be the only "true" one? The great spiritual truths are unchanging. It is as wrong for a Buddhist to take a human life as it is for a Christian as it is for a Hindu, etc. Jesus said, "In my House there are many mansions." I have always taken this to mean that salvation is not something that only Christians can receive or that only Buddhists can attain enlightenment. Anyone who seeks to follow the path of righteousness is the same as a Christian who is the same as a Buddhist who is the same as a Jew... All are inspired by the same spirit which dwells within us each.

It sounds to me as if God has indeed been your guide in your quest. Just keep on following your own path and more will be revealed to you. God bless!
Thank you so much for the kind words!!!

I never felt so much positive energy within me, isn't amazing what life throws at you and you can still find a way out of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality