Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 08:35 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
I speak according to Islam.
I don't follow any religion myself.
Out of curiosity, if you "do not follow any religion yourself," then why do you "speak according to Islam?"

Old 05-31-2022, 08:39 PM

3,170 posts, read 1,270,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Are you saying everyone in the world should speak the same language, eat the same food, and listen to the same music? [/b] If not, then there is also no reason everyone should follow the same religion.
If it does not matter how one worships one God, I might as well invent an one God religion and sets rules myself and worship with my own made up rules for one God neither being a muslim nor a christian. If it is only one God that matters.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Out of curiosity, if you "do not follow any religion yourself," then why do you "speak according to Islam?"
Because I am from a muslim majority country, Turkey.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
If it does not matter how one worship one God.I might as well invent an one God religion and sets rules myself and worship with my own made up rules neither being a muslim or a christian. If it is only one God that matters.
Certainly. Absolutely. Yes, there are people who follow no religion who pray to the one Creator in their own way. the one Creator hears those prayers also.

it's like a parent who loves all their precious children. No matter where the children live, no matter what language they speak, no matter whether they call on the phone or write a letter or send an email or mail a gift, the parent is just happy and delighted to hear from any of their beloved precious children when they reach out. The one Creator is so happy to hear from any of us, any time, any where, any method, any format.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Because I am from a muslim majority country, Turkey.
oh. Ok. thank you.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:07 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
What does the word, “Allah” mean?

Allah is the name of the God Almighty in the Arabic Language. Allah is the personal name of God. The word Allah is never used for any other being or thing. The names for God found in other languages are all attributive or descriptive and are often used in the plural, but the word ‘Allah’ is never used in the plural. This is because Islam advocates the belief in the absolute unity of God. In the absence of a parallel word in the English language, the original name ‘Allah’ has been retained throughout the translation. Allah is recognized through his attributes and there are over 99 such attributes mentioned in The Holy Quran, the book of Muslims. For example, Allah is Most Gracious, Most Merciful, Lord of All the Worlds, Master of the Day of Judgment, The Provider, and The Sustainer. These attributes are invoked in prayers and also every Muslim is encouraged to adopt attributes of Allah in the journey of life.

Al Islam

The Official Website of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

Old 05-31-2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Certainly. Absolutely. Yes, there are people who follow no religion who pray to the one Creator in their own way. the one Creator hears those prayers also.

it's like a parent who loves all their precious children. No matter where the children live, no matter what language they speak, no matter whether they call on the phone or write a letter or send an email or mail a gift, the parent is just happy and delighted to hear from any of their beloved precious children when they reach out. The one Creator is so happy to hear from any of us, any time, any where, any method, any format.
If it is God that is sending these religions, it is out of question.

Even not doing what your religion says is a sin.

I speak for Islam since I am from Turkey.

You have to perform the ritual prayers of Islam. You have to go to Mosque, You have to fast in Ramadan unless you are ill. Not going on pilgrimage is a sin if you have enugh money to do so.

Not doing them are sins. When you don't do them, you're commiting sins.

Dating is a sin. Drinking only one drop of Alcohol is sin. Eating pig is sin, etc.

There are lots of rules of the God.

Weak muslims don't do it but according to Islam, they are committins sins by not obeying these rules.

My father is a weak muslim too. He doesn't practice anything about the religion. None at all but if you ask, he will say he is musim. My mother was a non-believer (she died). I am a non-believer too.

According to Islam, if you believe in God, its messenger Muhammed and the book Quran, whatever sins you commit. Even though you burn in hell for your sins at first, After it is over, you will go to Heaven.

If you are an ateist or a deist, you will burn in hell forever. It will never be over. How Good or Bad you have been on Earth won't change it.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 05-31-2022 at 10:22 PM..

Old 05-31-2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
If it is God that is sending these religions, it is out of question. Even not doing what your religion says is a sin. I speak for Islam since I am from Turkey. You have to perform the ritual prayers of Islam. You have to go to Mosque, You have to fast in Ramadan unless you are ill. Not going on pilgrimage is a sin if you have enugh money to do so. Not doing them is a sin. When you don't do them, you're commiting sins. Dating is a sin. Drinking only one drop of Alcohol is sin. Eating pig is sin, etc. There are lots of rules of the God. Weak muslims don't do it but according to Islam, they are committins sins by not obeying these rules. My father is a weak muslim too. He doesn't practice anything about the religion. None at all but if you ask, he will say he is musim. My mother was a non-believer (she died). I am a non-believer too. According to Islam, if you believe in God, its messenger Muhammed and the book Quran, whatever sins you commit. Even though you burn in hell for your sins at first, After it is over, you will go to Heaven. If you are an ateist or deist, you will burn in hell forever. It will never be over. How Good or Bad you have been on Earth won't change it.
those are rules of Islam. for followers of Islam.
other religions have different rules. for followers of those other religions.

you have stated you are a non-believer.
so if you do not believe in the rules of Islam, and you say all religion is "made up" then how can anything that is "made up" harm you in any way?

Old 05-31-2022, 10:30 PM

Quote:
those are rules of Islam. for followers of Islam.
other religions have different rules. for followers of those other religions.

you have stated you are a non-believer.
so if you do not believe in the rules of Islam, and you say all religion is "made up" then how can anything that is "made up" harm you in any way?
I am assuming.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
I am assuming.
assuming what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality