Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Muslims?
I don’t like them. 4 23.53%
They seem like good people. 13 76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 06:56 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The problem is that [Muslim's] acquiescence to the minority fanatics is not the same as other religions. Their religion specifically prohibits the devout among them from using their majority to quell the fanatics among them who claim religious jihad. They have no responsibility to help them but they cannot interfere with them.
I would argue that it is exactly the same as the acquiescence of liberal Christianity to fundamentalist Christianity. The only difference is perhaps that the sheer quantity and dominance of Islamic fundamentalism on a global basis is more complete than is true of Christian fundamentalism. Although I think that gap is rapidly closing at present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 07:00 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
France's No-Go Zones: The Riots Return
by Guy Millière
May 10, 2020 at 10:30 am

Excerpt:

A few months ago, a police officer, Noam Anouar, who infiltrated Islamist circles... stated that no-go zones in France are now foreign enclaves on French territory. "The gangs operating there," he wrote, "have formed a parallel economy based on drug trafficking. They consider themselves at war with France and with Western civilization. They act in cooperation with Islamist organizations, and define acts of predation and rampage as raids against infidels". He noted that reclaiming these areas today would be complicated, costly, and involve calling in the army.

For years, successive French governments have chosen a policy of "willful blindness": they simply behave as if they do not see what is going on. They do not even try to find solutions.

Link:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...go-zones-riots

The people who will refuse to believe this, will refuse to believe this.

Old 06-11-2022, 07:08 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I would argue that it is exactly the same as the acquiescence of liberal Christianity to fundamentalist Christianity. The only difference is perhaps that the sheer quantity and dominance of Islamic fundamentalism on a global basis is more complete than is true of Christian fundamentalism. Although I think that gap is rapidly closing at present.
Do you have any actual scientific data for your theory, or is it your opinion? Is there a reason to compare global domination to US conditions? The OP’s post is quite specific. He is an American and wishes to know what his fellow Americans think of Muslims. Not islam, muslims. Your personal experience with muslims.

Old 06-11-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
France's No-Go Zones: The Riots Return
by Guy Millière
May 10, 2020 at 10:30 am

Excerpt:

A few months ago, a police officer, Noam Anouar, who infiltrated Islamist circles... stated that no-go zones in France are now foreign enclaves on French territory. "The gangs operating there," he wrote, "have formed a parallel economy based on drug trafficking. They consider themselves at war with France and with Western civilization. They act in cooperation with Islamist organizations, and define acts of predation and rampage as raids against infidels". He noted that reclaiming these areas today would be complicated, costly, and involve calling in the army.

For years, successive French governments have chosen a policy of "willful blindness": they simply behave as if they do not see what is going on. They do not even try to find solutions.

Link:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...go-zones-riots

The people who will refuse to believe this, will refuse to believe this.
France has a lousy history of colonization, freedom of religion, and its betrayal of Jews during the war. The worst kind of Orientalism came from the French. The US is far superior even with all its faults. We dont need the French to show us the way nor the privately funded Gatestone.

Old 06-11-2022, 07:22 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
France has a lousy history of colonization, freedom of religion, and its betrayal of Jews during the war. The worst kind of Orientalism came from the French. The US is far superior even with all its faults. We dont need the French to show us the way nor the privately funded Gatestone.
We should stick to the topic, which is what forum members think regarding Muslims. I offered an opinion. That is what the OP asked for. He didn't ask for debate on our opinions.

Unfortunately, several posters challenged the credibility of my opinion, denying the existence of Muslim no go zones in France, saying the stories were fake or false. So I provided a recent article that clearly discusses the fact of Muslim no-go zones in France, as said by a real French police officer in France. The Muslim no go zones are real and they do exist.

I knew you wouldn't like the source. For many here, if it is doesn't come from the US mainstream media, NY Times, WaPo, CNN, NBC... it didn't happen.

Old 06-11-2022, 07:25 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
That's what I thought when I read Mystic's comment. I feel bad for apostates from Islam. I'm not an expert on all the terminology but isn't Muslim a detonation of where someone is from or an ethic heritage? I'll run a search after this but welcome and explanation from someone who knows. So to me a Muslim could be a radical believer, a law type, a spirit type, an atheist. I do attribute greater religiously to them as a group but they are still individuals.

Old 06-11-2022, 07:31 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
According to the internet I had it wrong. Islam is to Muslim as Christianity is to Christian. So I will pull non believers from that heritage and not say they are Muslim. I guess I should have figured that as Cat Stevens is a Muslim.

Old 06-11-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
We should stick to the topic, which is what forum members think regarding Muslims. I offered an opinion. That is what the OP asked for. He didn't ask for debate on our opinions.

Unfortunately, several posters challenged the credibility of my opinion, denying the existence of Muslim no go zones in France, saying the stories were fake or false. So I provided a recent article that clearly discusses the fact of Muslim no-go zones in France, as said by a real French police officer in France. The Muslim no go zones are real and they do exist.

I knew you wouldn't like the source. For many here, if it is doesn't come from the US mainstream media, NY Times, WaPo, CNN, NBC... it didn't happen.
What the French think of Muslims is not what the OP asked.

Old 06-11-2022, 11:57 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
I think most Muslims are decent people, There are kooks like in any religion. What Muslims have in common with Christians is that each believes their religion is the true religion and the other is going to hell for not believing what they believe.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:37 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Then whatever in your brain provides the comparison standards is dysfunctional. Islamic fanaticism is in its own league!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality