Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2022, 01:41 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You can take it up with Jesus-Luke 10--Acts 20:20-- He is the boss.
Not to me he's not. And not to any non-believer.

And your actions make many people LESS receptive to Jesus. That's why your church is a failure at its goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 06:24 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not to me he's not. And not to any non-believer.

And your actions make many people LESS receptive to Jesus. That's why your church is a failure at its goal.

We arent failing. I know Jesus was hated and is today as well. and said we would be to. Jesus wasnt hated for teaching Love, peace and unity and curing the sick. they hated him for exposing their false religions and wicked practices that satan makes look good to the mortal heart. He is doing the same for the image of the beast, making it look good to the mortal heart. The biggest problem is all the false teachers( 2Cor 11:12-15) who tickle ears, they teach little of what Jesus taught and a religions brand of dogma. Thats what they are paid for. The ones taking the lead in the JW,s get no pay. They do it out of love. The JW,s put over a billion hours in last year doing phone work, and writing letters since the door to door work stopped( starting again sept 1) out of love it is done. Any mortal would rather go to the beach, fishing, shopping whatever with their little free time. Instead the JW,s disown self to follow Jesus( Mark 8:34)

And if you arent a believer why are you here. This is a place to discuss religious matters.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
We arent failing. I know Jesus was hated and is today as well. and said we would be to. Jesus wasnt hated for teaching Love, peace and unity and curing the sick. they hated him for exposing their false religions and wicked practices that satan makes look good to the mortal heart. He is doing the same for the image of the beast, making it look good to the mortal heart. The biggest problem is all the false teachers( 2Cor 11:12-15) who tickle ears, they teach little of what Jesus taught and a religions brand of dogma. Thats what they are paid for. The ones taking the lead in the JW,s get no pay. They do it out of love. The JW,s put over a billion hours in last year doing phone work, and writing letters since the door to door work stopped( starting again sept 1) out of love it is done. Any mortal would rather go to the beach, fishing, shopping whatever with their little free time. Instead the JW,s disown self to follow Jesus( Mark 8:34)

And if you arent a believer why are you here. This is a place to discuss religious matters.
NO. I don't hate Jesus. No. No. No.

Another failure on your part.

In fact, I don't think I ever remember a single post in this forum where anyone said that they hated Jesus. Not one.
I don't even remember anyone here saying they dislike Jesus' teachings.
So, if thou shalt not lie is a true commandment...oops...you broke it. Now where do you say people will go who break commandments?

Old 08-25-2022, 11:10 AM

I received an ad on my front door yesterday that I guess is a way that religion does good. It said: "New Era Landscaping. In God we trust for all your landscaping needs".

Is that what the OP had in mind?

Old 08-25-2022, 12:37 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:

Atheist Members of this board have had a history of trying to insult and mock Jesus...especially in ways they know will cause Christians to take great exception.
Only a person with a very hateful heart/mindset would put up this kind of thread on a board titled Religion & Spirituality:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...sgendered.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...-probably.html

And I'm sure there would have been way more if they didn't see that it would be cut off.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:25 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Atheist Members of this board have had a history of trying to insult and mock Jesus...especially in ways they know will cause Christians to take great exception.
Only a person with a very hateful heart/mindset would put up this kind of thread on a board titled Religion & Spirituality:

And I'm sure there would have been way more if they didn't see that it would be cut off.
Nice that you were abke to find two threads from six and seven years ago to claim about hating Jesus. And I did not see either poster claiming to hate Jesus.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Nice that you were abke to find two threads from six and seven years ago to claim about hating Jesus. And I did not see either poster claiming to hate Jesus.
I just read those, too, and like you I don't see anything about hate there.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
One would not post something like that on a board titled Religion and Spirituality if they didn't have a hateful mindset in that regard.
I noted...there would have surely been many more if they had been allowed to continue.
Most of the Atheists on this board have as miserable and hateful a comportment and attitude toward Religion and The Religious (every aspect of it...especially Abrahamic Religions) as any group I've ever seen about anything.
I note it and call it out all the time.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
NO. I don't hate Jesus. No. No. No.

Another failure on your part.

In fact, I don't think I ever remember a single post in this forum where anyone said that they hated Jesus. Not one.
I don't even remember anyone here saying they dislike Jesus' teachings.
So, if thou shalt not lie is a true commandment...oops...you broke it. Now where do you say people will go who break commandments?
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I just read those, too, and like you I don't see anything about hate there.
Also...you all know that most Christians believe that Jesus Christ is God (in human manifestation)...so all the tens of thousands of hateful posts about the Christian Deity being the worst, evil, malevolent, sadistic, mass murdering world annihilator (the most hateful statements that could be made) are inclusive of that part (Jesus) of the Triune God they perceive & worship.
You know this...but make all those hateful posts anyway...for years.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:16 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
One would not post something like that on a board titled Religion and Spirituality if they didn't have a hateful mindset in that regard.
I noted...there would have surely been many more if they had been allowed to continue.
Most of the Atheists on this board have as miserable and hateful a comportment and attitude toward Religion and The Religious (every aspect of it...especially Abrahamic Religions) as any group I've ever seen about anything.
I note it and call it out all the time.
No you do not note it , you simply claim thar it happens ao you can rant against atheists. Your own posts contain f more hatred and attacks than those who you do attack. You are not an honest poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality