Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2022, 07:27 PM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I never stated that you personally hated Jesus. I said the world back then hated him, Gods own chosen hated him, they sent him to his death. Jesus told them off at Matt 23, and in verse 38-39 clearly shows they are cut off of being Gods chosen unless they do verse 39. They have outright refused for over 1950 years.
When the world finds out the JW,s are 100% correct-- all will see the hatred just like occurred back then. Its the reason Armageddon hits, because the world raises up against Jesus' religion and then him.
But since Jesus is head of the congregation and you said for his to mind their own business, is the same as saying it to him--Whatever you do to these the least of my brothers, you do to me.You obviously dislike what is his.
Well you're certainly making great progress. You're almost up to 1% of the population!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
This is a satan ruled system. We can only pray that their hearts get opened. Gods own chosen hated Jesus guts back then.
You're being dishonest again. You seem to have trouble with that commandment. Nothing about hate in either of those posts.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Woo is just that...woo. I'm sure Phetaroi has explained it to you more than once. I say it too. Remember, I said it to you woo woo! But the bolded is kinda funny.
All she has to is look up the definition in her favorite M-W online dictionary.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're being dishonest again. You seem to have trouble with that commandment. Nothing about hate in either of those posts.

You dont seem to live in reality. How was i dishonest?

Old 08-25-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
You dont seem to live in reality. How was i dishonest?
Already made clear.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:

John 7:7--the world hated Jesus because he bore witness to their wicked works)-Few listen to him then and now. Gods own chosen religious leaders sent him to his death because of hate. It says a few x they sought to kill him. They were apotocised.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Already made clear.

You made nothing clear, so please do. Oh i am sorry, you cant because i wasnt dishonest.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
John 7:7--the world hated Jesus because he bore witness to their wicked works)-Few listen to him then and now. Gods own chosen religious leaders sent him to his death because of hate. It says a few x they sought to kill him. They were apotocised.
You seem to dwell on hate.

Old 08-25-2022, 10:17 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Woo is just that...woo. I'm sure Phetaroi has explained it to you more than once. I say it too. Remember, I said it to you woo woo! But the bolded is kinda funny.
Phet says a lot. I never pay any attention to it. The heat and humidity draws ants and they crawl all over my kitchen counter. I pay more attention to them than to his to posts, before i zap them with bug spray.

Last edited by cb2008; 08-25-2022 at 10:26 PM..

Old 08-25-2022, 10:26 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
I don't think it's so much a matter of religion doing good as it is of individuals within religions doing good because they have taken the teachings to heart.

Regardless of what religion they claim, those who don't take the teachings to heart do little good, and often more harm than good.

In terms of what most of us would call doing good, there is a great deal of overlap in the core teachings of most religions.

Nonbelievers can certainly do good as well, but I think religion provides a framework that stimulates and deepens the impulse to do good if taken to heart.
Bolded, correct. People can do good regardless of religion. It is the inspiration that pours out into art and poetry and texts and worship that delight and opens our hearts and minds to the beauty and bliss of the divine that comes out of religion is the good that religion does. It is not clear where spiritualism ends and people begin in this outpouring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality