Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2022, 05:57 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times

Advertisements

Name one religion that DOESN'T imply that the self righteous followers are SUPERIOR to the impious heathen.
[crickets chirping]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 06:39 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Name one religion that DOESN'T imply that the self righteous followers are SUPERIOR to the impious heathen.
[crickets chirping]
name one country, business, law firm, school, family ... militant atheist (I call fundamental atheist)

Same ol'd song. "We have clarity, logic, reason."

Until we actually want to look and see who is who and saying what.

Old 06-19-2022, 07:06 AM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
[crickets chirping]
Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness and God called Abraham His friend.

When I look at the crucifixion of Jesus Christ even today, I say I am guilty of that, and accept full responsibility.

Why would you make such a judgement in your post and then act as if it is some word above all.

Last edited by chief scum; 06-19-2022 at 07:35 AM..

Old 06-19-2022, 07:31 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Not exactly -- even in biblical times proselytizing was not a Jewish virtue but there was a textual expectation that people would want to abandon their idolatry and pursue universal monotheism and Jews are charged with spreading that idea. The word that was spread wasn't about becoming Jewish but about accepting a single God as per the biblical text. That is still the case today.
I can't rep you again, but thanks. It seems that many posters here only want to accept negative connotations with the term "chosen" regarding the Jews. Your explanations bring clarity.

Old 06-19-2022, 07:49 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I can't rep you again, but thanks. It seems that many posters here only want to accept negative connotations with the term "chosen" regarding the Jews. Your explanations bring clarity.
Except my post had nothing to do with the word chosen, it was to do with expansion of their religious beliefs. Not only did the early Jews want everyone to worship Yahweh, some of the Jewish texts argued they would be the new world order. Some of your OT texts remind me of the propaganda from the recent history of my country.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:03 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Except my post had nothing to do with the word chosen, it was to do with expansion of their religious beliefs. Not only did the early Jews want everyone to worship Yahweh, some of the Jewish texts argued they would be the new world order. Some of your OT texts remind me of the propaganda from the recent history of my country.
and now post above is an atheist with view that places monotheism in the same category as Nazi propaganda. Post is from Germany referencing "new world order" and "propaganda from recent history" of that country.

Post above is an example and demonstration of perpetuating and inciting longstanding antisemitism. The new world order conspiracy theory becomes antisemitic when it’s followed by a reference to Jews. Other examples of same in this thread include the ugly use of "crossbreeding" (a term for animals mating); and
not trusting Jews.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-19-2022 at 08:47 AM..

Old 06-19-2022, 08:35 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
name one country, business, law firm, school, family ... militant atheist (I call fundamental atheist)

Same ol'd song. "We have clarity, logic, reason."

Until we actually want to look and see who is who and saying what.
Your problem is that your agenda of being anti most atheists or who you call militant atheists precludes you from reading what other posters actually day.

Why not take a break from your agenda of attacking these mystical militant atheists and fundamental religious folks to respond to what a thread actually contains

Old 06-19-2022, 08:42 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and now post above is an atheist with view that places monotheism in the same category as Nazi propaganda. Post is from Germany referencing "new world order" and "propaganda from recent history" of that country.

Post above is an example and demonstration of perpetuating and inciting longstanding antisemitism. The new world order conspiracy theory becomes antisemitic when it’s followed by a reference to Jews. Other examples of same in this thread include the ugly use of "crossbreeding" (a term for animals mating); and the claim that Jews "can't be trusted."
You are getting posters confused. I.t was Ukrkoz who used crossbreeding plus Harry stated "some of the text from your OT" sounds like propoganda but not monotheism.

Do not confuse being a German or an atheist with anti semetism

Old 06-19-2022, 08:45 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Is that so?
Chinese are older than Jews and still exist and by far are not as hermitic and closed. As example, Chinese emperors had Jesuits as court advisors. Imagine that - Jesuits! Pope's hounds! Armenians are as old as Jews, as they both come from the same arc, and they are doing just fine. And they are not hermitic and closed. And, just like Jews,scattered all over the world. I don't really buy this as explanation.

Actually, I'll add a story.
When we moved to the US, we lived for several months, 6 or so, in a cheap apartment complex. There, we met a young family from Moscow, who came via Juika, on Jewish quota, as refugees. Misha/Moshe, his wife Tania and their two boys. They literally just arrived and Moshe bragged, how well they were welcomed by the local Jewish community and how much help they were, with apartment furnishing and such.
Then, we moved on and parted. I met him again not sure, some time later. By far, he was not the same happy man. He told me as follows. An elder from the same community showed at their place and had private convo with Moshe. He suggested to divorce Tania - as she was Russian. Pure blood. Moshe went stubborn. Love does such things to men. So same people showed up at his apartment and took away everything, they donated. Left bare walls. Now he was doing some odd jobs and trying to start books in Russian sales business (why?) He ended being a jewelry technician in some jewelry shop, then I lost any contact with him. Was still married to Tania.
Did I answer your question?
I didn't have any question, and while I found your tale entertaining, I have no idea what point you were trying to make.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Your problem is that your agenda of being anti most atheists or who you call militant atheists precludes you from reading what other posters actually day.

Why not take a break from your agenda of attacking these mystical militant atheists and fundamental religious folks to respond to what a thread actually contains
I say the same exact thing for you. I just don't see your war on religion as the arbiter for how the universe works.

If I was so far off base you guys would be addressing everything I say. Not running away or telling mommy I am looking at you. But you guys know, the more I talk about belief, the more I make sense.

That being ...

The belief in something more is more reliable than the reverse. The war on religion is not good enough to hide that fact. And hold ourselves to the same standard we demand of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality