Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2022, 06:21 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Anybody that was ever involved in this field that would point fingers at other organizations that have issues is nothing but a miserable hypocrite, looking to deflect attention away from where it should be focused relative to this problem:

https://stopsexualassaultinschools.o...-in-the-media/

https://boingboing.net/2022/04/06/mi...f-clothes.html

And if they seem inordinately focused on this particular subject...that may be probative as to how their mind works.
Why would you defend this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 06:41 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I defend none of it...it's all terrible.
But it's like Bernie Madoff pointing fingers at dishonest con-artists with this stuff.
School system people pointing at Religious organizations for sexual abuse issues.
You could not be in a house made of thinner glass than to be in the public school system relative to adults sexually abusing children.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:13 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
I don't even see the relevance of his post. Other than to deflect criticism.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
YOU are the one deflecting.
You were part of the field that has the most offenders...but point toward others.
And even with the Catholics...it mostly occurred with those that were under the tutelage of others. In the Mission Schools, and with the Altar Boys.
What is it about those that formally teach others that makes them so prone to that kind of deviant behavior?
Seems to me it's actually more of a Teaching thing than a Religion thing.

Old 07-24-2022, 11:35 PM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
And to attack others (even when it means he is implicitly supporting religious hatred).

Old 07-24-2022, 11:45 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And to attack others (even when it means he is implicitly supporting religious hatred).
I think he makes our case for us.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:14 AM

19,995 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
That's a keeper -- thanks for posting.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I defend none of it...it's all terrible.
But it's like Bernie Madoff pointing fingers at dishonest con-artists with this stuff.
School system people pointing at Religious organizations for sexual abuse issues.
You could not be in a house made of thinner glass than to be in the public school system relative to adults sexually abusing children.
No one should be sexually abusing children. Do we not have agreement here?

Old 07-25-2022, 06:48 AM

Quote:
No one should be sexually abusing children. Do we not have agreement here?
Of course...that's a obvious given.
Why would you even ask that?
I would never think of going on a general forum for Teachers & Education...and put up links about sexual abuse within that community, over and over and over again.
What makes people like that tick...how does one become so hateful and nasty toward anything that is not intrinsically harmful?
There are humans in this world who do bad, harmful things...and every organization is made up of humans, so that will inevitably occur in all of them. The larger the organization...the more bad people.
To single one out, and bust on it daily, for years (for a inevitable fault), takes a special kind of hate.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Of course...that's a obvious given.
Why would you even ask that?
I would never think of going on a general forum for Teachers & Education...and put up links about sexual abuse within that community, over and over and over again.
What makes people like that tick...how does one become so hateful and nasty toward anything that is not intrinsically harmful?
There are humans in this world who do bad, harmful things...and every organization is made up of humans, so that will inevitably occur in all of them. The larger the organization...the more bad people.
To single one out, and bust on it daily, for years (for a inevitable fault), takes a special kind of hate.
If you thought there was a problem within the school system where crimes against women and children were hidden you'd keep your mouth shut? No matter what you call it, I can't enable that behavior by not speaking up. You look like an enabler at best or trying to strike a pro sexual assault deal for yourself. I suspect you are not but don't have the ability to think through what you are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality