Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 08:03 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How could 'fallen angels' benefit from being worshiped?

Do these fallen angels know that God is USING them and their rebellion, to further his grand plan? I wonder how the fallen angels would feel knowing they are being used in this way?

The fact is, WITHOUT these 'fallen angels'...mankind could not have free will, If Satan did not tempt Adam and Eve in the garden...there would have been no original sin committed, (thus no choice, no free will).
lop off the negative charges in our universe ... whats left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 03:14 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
I sometimes wonder if I once saw an angel. Many years ago my brother and I visited our mother in the hospital. We headed toward an elevator to go to the next floor and a man got on the elevator just a moment before we did. We reached the elevator before the door had a chance to close, got on and went to the next floor. When we got off I asked my brother if we hadn't seen a man get on the elevator just before we did and he said that he had thought so.

A man had got on that elevator and he just wasn't there when we got on. So far as I can remember there was no rear door, and even if there had been there simply was no time for him to have gone through it. Men generally do not disappear into thin air and so I have to think there was a supernatural element involved. Perhaps an angel.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:25 AM

63,796 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How could 'fallen angels' benefit from being worshiped?
Given the dominant belief about Satan and any "demons" or fallen angels, I have posed that question repeatedly without receiving an adequate answer. What conceivable benefit or purpose could there BE to such a negative effort and ultimately negative fate????

Old 06-27-2022, 07:30 PM

19,990 posts, read 13,466,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Given the dominant belief about Satan and any "demons" or fallen angels, I have posed that question repeatedly without receiving an adequate answer. What conceivable benefit or purpose could there BE to such a negative effort and ultimately negative fate????
I do not recall ever hearing a coherent answer to that question either, but gathered it was some addiction to self-aggrandizement and from the POV of demons, getting off on the worship that should be going to god, coming to you. Demons were always cartoon villains.

Old 06-29-2022, 06:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The more I think about it, if they can be worshiped...that could only be possible, because God made it that way!

And it doesnt make much sense, that God would endow them, the ability to receive worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality