Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 02:29 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,560,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Another example of your double standards and outright bigotry. You need to make false statements about atheists so you can feel superior.

I am an atheist and I believe it is every woman's right to dress as she wishes. So your claim that with religion it is the people but worth atheists is is all of us.

You have become the Queen or King of mudslinging besting the best of atheists and your fellow theists. Not sure it is a crown to wear proudly.
A great example of religionist mind-set. "You are doing a double standard not us!!!" well as a point of fact

Its not about looking for some good or some bad, it is an investigation. Even though, like some religions do, atheist need to lop off some evidence to make the point.

Humans believe in some thing more because that, by far, out classes your deny everything because you don't know any better.

Yes, it seems some atheist do play the same games as theists. By no god they will be tell us whats better for us. Weather it is supported by data or not.

Good show bobbie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 02:30 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,317,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
^^^ The bad ...

Its look just like bigots in action. Possibly two bigots fighting.

I wonder how we can tell?

when atheist have to run away from evidence from that shows belief in something more is more reliable ... They willfully hide from open discussions because they know where it ends. They use atheist theology to focus on things like "If you not religious, you're immoral" to show how belief is wrong. Knwoing full well that is just silly. To friggen funny, I don't know if I ever met a theist that thinks that ...

They "pray", I would say hunt down like any predator would, those that have been scarred and broken. To wind up like a toy grenades to chuck at theist. They don't even care who.

They only list the badland that they do never really looking around to see regular religion trying to help.

northeast believing schools are, for the most part, better than public schools in and around cities. Hmmm ... I wonder why ... it must be the religious going in and messing up the public schools

Lmao ... I never saw a person not driving kill somebody ... so cars are bad.

its the lamest argument I know.
Not agreeing is not running away.

And I have never said that belief is wrong.

Were you not around when Vizio and Jeffbase40 were. The former stated that you cannot be moral if you do not believe in God and Jeff did tell me that I could not really love my wife ( of over 45 years) because I do not believe in God.

You will never believe a word I post and accuse me of things I never have said.

The rest of your post is your normal unconnected rants.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
A great example of religionist mind-set. "You are doing a double standard not us!!!" well as a point of fact

Its not about looking for some good or some bad, it is an investigation. Even though, like some religions do, atheist need to lop off some evidence to make the point.

Humans believe in some thing more because that, by far, out classes your deny everything because you don't know any better.

Yes, it seems some atheist do play the same games as theists. By no god they will be tell us whats better for us. Weather it is supported by data or not.

Good show bobbie.
Why not simplify to get whatever point you are trying to make clearer?

"By no God they will tell us what's better for us". Maybe give an example as I do not tell others what is better. I do believe that shooting up a Mosque in Quebec City or burning synagogues are not the right thing to do. Theists and atheists (maybe not you as you do not like agreeing) both think those are bad actions

Old 06-22-2022, 02:38 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,560,641 times
Quote:
Not agreeing is not running away.

And I have never said that belief is wrong.

Were you not around when Vizio and Jeffbase40 were. The former stated that you cannot be moral if you do not believe in God and Jeff did tell me that I could not really love my wife ( of over 45 years) because I do not believe in God.

You will never believe a word I post and accuse me of things I never have said.

The rest of your post is your normal unconnected rants.
Yeah, I never met one. Maybe I just care less than you. Were you insulted? Was it a personal affront to the great badland? besides badland ... didn't you tell me you were listening to the pm's and not answering me?

Yeah, its running badland. You guys willfully ignore belief in some thing more because you have a statement of belief about god to insert on the rest of us. Hmmm ... who does that sound like?

You willfully ignore the topic because when we list why in public ... deny everything because we don't know squat or "see personal agenda based practicality" as lame as and weak as any theist stuff based on the exact same thing.

How you think your stance, after years and years of it of "I don't know squat and I am sticking to it" is not religious looking.

You some theist look and sound exactly the same from a distance. "Let's get'em"

You go, hunt down and take in broken and scarred people and teach to be hateful as you. You will make Baptist fundamentalist proud.

Lmao ... how "atheism is a belief statement, not a knowledge statement." I always loved that one badland ...

The faith, errr, I mean force is strong with this one ....!"

Old 06-22-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I never met one. Maybe I just care less than you. Were you insulted? Was it a personal affront to the great badland? besides badland ... didn't you tell me you were listening to the pm's and not answering me?

Yeah, its running badland. You guys willfully ignore belief in some thing more because you have a statement of belief about god to insert on the rest of us. Hmmm ... who does that sound like?

You willfully ignore the topic because when we list why in public ... deny everything because we don't know squat or "see personal agenda based practicality" as lame as and weak as any theist stuff based on the exact same thing.

How you think your stance, after years and years of it of "I don't know squat and I am sticking to it" is not religious looking.

You go, hunt down and take in broken and scarred people and teach to be hateful as you. You will make Baptist fundamentalist proud.

Lmao ... how "atheism is a belief statement, not a knowledge statement." I always loved that one badland ...

Another meandering rant.

Agnostic and gnostic referto the knowing and not knowing. if that upsets you take it up with the dictionary.

At least I don't go around basically saying to others "I know something and you are wrong if you do not believe it bit no I will not tell you what I believe"

Sometimes being honest about what you know and do not know is much better than pretending you know everything.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:

No I was neither insulted nor offended. I simply believe that when a group, especially a minority one is dehumanized bad things happen. The Holocaust is one example, the polograms in Russia , the treatment of the no combatants from Afghanistan and the babies of people caught illegally entering your country are other examples. Believing some is wrong is not being personally offended. I would have felt the same if Jeff had said it to a Muslim, a Hindu or an animalist.

I went back to my DM and there are no messages with audio so I really do not know what messages you think I ran away from. Maybe provide some info rather than insults.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:54 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,643,069 times
Quote:
Another example of your double standards and outright bigotry. You need to make false statements about atheists so you can feel superior.

I am an atheist and I believe it is every woman's right to dress as she wishes. So your claim that with religion it is the people but worth atheists is is all of us.

You have become the Queen or King of mudslinging besting the best of atheists and your fellow theists. Not sure it is a crown to wear proudly.
Your argument is illogical.
You say, "I am an atheist and I believe it is every woman's right to dress as she wishes."
So...what if she wants to go around in just a crotchless thong...and nothing else?
Well...in most jurisdictions in the US & Canada, Law Enforcement would charge her with a legal violation...because there are laws governing how you can dress.
There are laws in other Countries that determine how you can dress...they may be the same, or different, from other jurisdictions.
Some jurisdictions require a hijab or burqa. That's their laws.
If it doesn't suit you...either learn to cope...or do whatever you feel you must about it.
Good luck with either of those.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Your argument is illogical.
You say, "I am an atheist and I believe it is every woman's right to dress as she wishes."
So...what if she wants to go around in just a crotchless thong...and nothing else?
Well...in most jurisdictions in the US & Canada, Law Enforcement would charge her with a legal violation...because there are laws governing how you can dress.
There are laws in other Countries that determine how you can dress...they may be the same, or different, from other jurisdictions.
Some jurisdictions require a hijab or burqa. That's their laws.
If it doesn't suit you...either learn to cope...or do whatever you feel you must about it.
Good luck with either of those.
However in Ontario and BC a woman can be topless.

Do you support unconditionally ever law in every country? Do you oppose free speech? Of course there are human and physical laws that determine things
Your post is just to oppose an atheist because that is your thing.

So you support women having to dress in burkas, not being able to drive and girls prohibited from going to schools? Look back at photos of women in Afghanistan and Lebanon from the 50 and 60and you will see how similar they dressed to American and European women of the time.

I suppose you are upset because Europe and Canada put pressure upon South Africa to end apartheid? It was the law of the land was it not? Or of Jim Crow, outlawing mixed marriages or Cultural Revolution.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:24 PM

7,585 posts, read 4,153,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
would it matter to the world if atheism never existed?
Good question and thanks for pointing it out Corporate Cowboy.

I don't know if it would matter to the world if atheism never existed, but what matters to the world doesn't concern me. What matters to me is how I live my life and I want to be able to live it as close as possible to how I want.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:43 PM

50,717 posts, read 24,232,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Never mind the hate Atheists have generated through vilifying Islam with half truths, branding all Muslims as terrorists, misogynist atheists claiming their concern for muslim women because they wear clothing that offends their delicate sensibility, altogether creating mayhem against a whole section of humanity? All for what purpose? Has anyone heard of Atheist brothers going anywhere to rescue these women, give them support, bring them to safety and provide for them? No you have not. They have just made their lives miserable with their islamophobia. No Mulima is asking for their help, just leavevtheir men alone.
There is already one on the forum keeping tack of Jewish laws
Two more have started a campaign against Hindus, or threatens to.
You know where this ends.
Atheists struggle with their lack of identity and purpose because the ideology is shunya - the Buddhist term for emptiness, a zero.
I heard a statement today that immediately reminded me of this poster: "Religion is a stone to throw at people you don't like".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality