Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 01:16 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Saudi Arabia is a theocracy. There is nothing anybody can do about it. People comment on things that they have an interest in. There is no implication that they need to do anything about it.
You are wrong, ofcourse...things can be done about anything...including waging war. And that has been done...many times throughout human history.

People commenting on "things" can either be highly endorsing it...noting it...critical of it...or reviling it.
What kinda person would strongly criticize something as very bad (even "the worst" or "reprehensible") but not prefer that anything be done about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 01:34 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Atheism is nothing but a belief, a belief that what atheists don’t believe in does not exist.
Quote:
You cannot not-believe something that does not exist.
Exactly my point re: your previous statement. Atheism is not a belief; it’s an absence of belief.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:35 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Also, if a person leaves Islam, he or she gets death punishment in Saudi Arabia.
So what should everyone do about it? Stop doing business with Saudis? Can you do without gas for your car? Go throw a bomb on them? What?

Old 06-22-2022, 01:37 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Exactly my point re: your previous statement. Atheism is not a belief; it’s an absence of belief.
Gotcha. I was not careful.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:38 PM

3,170 posts, read 1,270,573 times
Quote:
So what should everyone do about it? Stop doing business with Saudis? Can you do without gas for your car? Go throw a bomb on them? What?
I think it is same in other countries that are administered by Sharia Law too.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:43 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
would it matter to the world if atheism never existed?
Absolutely; because in order for it not to exist (so to speak), the belief in a god/religion would have to not exist as well.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:06 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Never mind the hate Atheists have generated through vilifying Islam with half truths, branding all Muslims as terrorists, misogynist atheists claiming their concern for muslim women because they wear clothing that offends their delicate sensibility, altogether creating mayhem against a whole section of humanity? All for what purpose? Has anyone heard of Atheist brothers going anywhere to rescue these women, give them support, bring them to safety and provide for them? No you have not. They have just made their lives miserable with their islamophobia. No Mulima is asking for their help, just leavevtheir men alone.
There is already one on the forum keeping tack of Jewish laws
Two more have started a campaign against Hindus, or threatens to.
You know where this ends.
Atheists struggle with their lack of identity and purpose because the ideology is shunya - the Buddhist term for emptiness, a zero.
More examples of your outright bigotry
If a religious person does something bad one cannot blame religion because it was the person doing bad. But if one atheist does something you don't like then all atheists are Quilty of that thing.

For a person who confirms racism and sexism your prejudice is just as strong however you seem not only blind to that but I think you just might enjoy being a bigot.

You know nothing about my life and yet you proclaimed that it is empty and void and yet you admit that you don't really know any atheists. You have even lied about the meaning of atheism.

I do not know of any atheists that has stated that Muslim women should not wear burkas. I have read them day that Muslim women should not be forced to wear them if they do not want. But it seems like you twist things around do as to attack us.

You did not start this thread as a counter to the one about religions. You obviously started it to lecture about how wrong, empty or illogical you perceive atheism is and that had nothing to do with good bad or ugly. It had to do with your prejudice and a platform to repeat your misunderstandings and dislike for non believers.

I am very glad that I do not base my view of Hindu and Hinduism on your words because it would be so negative. Pack up your bigotry and bury it.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
My gas and oil comes from Alberta. I don't sell exotic cars and will never travel there.

Not surprised that you may think throwing bombs is an idea.

You hate atheists so what are you going to do about us? Just keep spreading lies or are you going to start throwing bombs. Too many anti semetism and anti Islam people are willing to inflict physical damage upon those

Old 06-22-2022, 02:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
^^^ The bad ...

Its look just like bigots in action. Possibly two bigots fighting.

I wonder how we can tell?

when atheist have to run away from evidence from that shows belief in something more is more reliable ... They willfully hide from open discussions because they know where it ends. They use atheist theology to focus on things like "If you not religious, you're immoral" to show how belief is wrong. Knwoing full well that is just silly. To friggen funny, I don't know if I ever met a theist that thinks that ...

They "pray", I would say hunt down like any predator would, those that have been scarred and broken. To wind up like a toy grenades to chuck at theist. They don't even care who.

They only list the badland that they do never really looking around to see regular religion trying to help.

northeast believing schools are, for the most part, better than public schools in and around cities. Hmmm ... I wonder why ... it must be the religious going in and messing up the public schools

Lmao ... I never saw a person not driving kill somebody ... so cars are bad.

its the lamest argument I know.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
So what do Atheists mean to do about it? Why do they care that she needs to cover up? What one thing have they accomplished so far after talking about it for years now?
All Muslims women in the world do not wear burqa. Some do wear out of choice when they go out. Some just cover their hair with a hijab. Some simply go as they please. It is a choice.
Atheists do not want to recognize that diversity, they WANT that woman in a burqa so they have a purpose in life. Pathetic.
Another example of your double standards and outright bigotry. You need to make false statements about atheists so you can feel superior.

I am an atheist and I believe it is every woman's right to dress as she wishes. So your claim that with religion it is the people but worth atheists is is all of us.

You have become the Queen or King of mudslinging besting the best of atheists and your fellow theists. Not sure it is a crown to wear proudly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality