Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 07:33 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times

Advertisements

If Jain nun never bath,how do they keep themselves clean?
like they get their monthly period,?
or do they just wipe themselves with cloth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 08:00 PM

15,958 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Whatever method they use it appears they live long lives and have not died of bacterial infection.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:06 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Quote:

I hate to disturb Mensa... but if you read article quoted, it, actually, describes, how they deal with periods. I left it out because of bigots ....

That's why OSHO, CB referred to, mentioned, how much Jain, he hosted, smelled.
And, to no surprise. Desert expeditions, where NO ONE baths for months, reported that, dirt simply falls off the skin naturally, along with dead epidermis, after about 28 days. Epidermis does that washed or not. And, we all live in anew body every about 7 years.

I lived in Ukraine in Lviv in parts of it with rationed water. We didn't even have sink. We had bathtub and toilet in one room. Tiny room. Because we had kids and water was daily necessity, bathtub was used for water storage. We bathed once a week. I didn't brush teeth for years and, least 3 molars, I still have all of them. Yes, everyone had smell. And yes, everyone used public transportation so yes, everyone could smell each other. Yet, average life span was same, as in highly cleansed "cultured" countries.

Washing tewice a day and smelling like a walking deodorant store is not a life necessity.

Old 07-03-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
More on women in Jainism. There is plenty more on the wed, including images of Jain nuns, young and old . They all look happy and healthy for the most part, with nice glowing skin.
https://jainpedia.org/themes/people/...ain-tradition/

Old 07-03-2022, 08:28 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Back to Proto Indian religions...

Old 07-03-2022, 11:53 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I've always loved trees. They feel mystical to me. Definitely resonates.
Stand quietly in a space for a time with your hand on a tree of your choosing, or one that you feel has chosen you.

Probably a better conversation for the Pagan forum, though.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Stand quietly in a space for a time with your hand on a tree of your choosing, or one that you feel has chosen you.

Indian religions worship trees. Of course all of creation is considered divine and worshiped but trees have very special symbolisms. Cutting down a tree is considered the same as murdering a person.
Lord Shiva is worshiped as the Lord of the Trees, his hair as leaves, and wearing the bark as a garment. The Vedas are pictured as a tree with limbs, branches, leaves, flowers, fruit that is green, and that which is ripe and signifying the ultimate wisdom, the Upanishads. The roots are Brhman itself, the ground on which all exists.

Trees are more amazing than we imagine as botanists are refinding. They communicate to one another.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:22 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Indian religions worship trees. Of course all of creation is considered divine and worshiped but trees have very special symbolisms. Cutting down a tree is considered the same as murdering a person.
Lord Shiva is worshiped as the Lord of the Trees, his hair as leaves, and wearing the bark as a garment. The Vedas are pictured as a tree with limbs, branches, leaves, flowers, fruit that is green, and that which is ripe and signifying the ultimate wisdom, the Upanishads. The roots are Brhman itself, the ground on which all exists.

Trees are more amazing than we imagine as botanists are refinding. They communicate to one another.
Thank you! I did not know this about Indian religions at all.

I did know about the communication abilities. I recommend this book, which was a gift to me a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hidden-Life-Tr...5-0c56547b2482

Old 07-03-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I did not know this about Indian religions at all.

I did know about the communication abilities. I recommend this book, which was a gift to me a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hidden-Life-Tr...5-0c56547b2482
Yes! I heard this author on NPR.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:

Maybe. Maybe I should start a.post there. I didn't think of it at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality