Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 01:30 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
On internet, it is written that The British Movie ''The Lady of Heaven'' (2021) has been the first movie to show the face of Muhammed in movie history.

Looks like movie producers cared a lot about it actually.
What they cared about was the fanatics in Islam like those who attacked Charlie Hebdo in 2015. The prevalence of violent fanatics within Islam is what they cared about. It seems the British are tired of such extremism and refuse to bow to it!!! It is about time ancient ignorance was refuted openly! Respect is NOT enforced by violence. It is EARNED!!!

Old 06-27-2022, 02:03 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Quote:
Why do Jews and Christians let Moses and Jesus to be played by people in movies while it is forbidden to play Muhammed?

No one can play Muhamed. It is something unacceptable in Islam.

Why is it acceptable to play Moses and Jesus when Muhammed isn't?
At one time, the question of depicting Christ and other religious figures was a controversial one within Christianity.

You could research the Iconoclastic Controversy.

In 787 AD, the Church convened an Ecumenical Council to make a final decision on this question, and it was decided that icons could be used, and further proved that iconoclasm was not a concept originating in Christianity; but rather originating among Jews, "muslims", and heretics.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:28 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
With Christianity, believe God is the (Most High) God, and He takes care of His children and is perfectly able to take care of Himself .... where other belief form need to appease God and People take care of Him................................ Still, there have been a handful of movies depicting Muhammad

Old 06-27-2022, 02:40 PM

3,189 posts, read 1,278,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
With Christianity, believe God is the (Most High) God, and He takes care of His children and is perfectly able to take care of Himself .... where other belief form need to appease God and People take care of Him................................ Still, there have been a handful of movies depicting Muhammad
As I wrote above,

The British Movie ''The Lady of Heaven'' (2021) has been the first movie to show the face of Muhammed in movie history.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:43 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Quote:
Why do Jews and Christians let Moses and Jesus to be played by people in movies while it is forbidden to play Muhammed?

No one can play Muhamed. It is something unacceptable in Islam.

Why is it acceptable to play Moses and Jesus when Muhammed isn't?
Why are you asking this question of Christians? We can depict Moses and Jesus in film for the same reason that we can depict you or I in film - because we are all human.

You should be asking "muslims" why it is forbidden to depict Muhammed in film, as the burden is on them to explain themselves.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:43 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
As I wrote above,

The British Movie ''The Lady of Heaven'' (2021) has been the first movie to show the face of Muhammed in movie history.
What movie prior to that had Muhammed as a character that was not shown on screen?

I think you are making an issue out of nothing. If a movie producer wants to show something, he will.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What movie prior to that had Muhammed as a character that was not shown on screen?

I think you are making an issue out of nothing. If a movie producer wants to show something, he will.
Muhammed wasn't shown in a movie till 2021. What is not clear about it?

If a movie producer wants to have muslims against him, alright. That is unacceptable by muslims.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:58 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Muhammed wasn't shown in a movie till 2021. What is not clear about it?
I'm going to ask the same thing I asked in another of your threads: so what? You just keep repeating pretty much the same thing over and over. We understand your position...I guess. And we've made our positions clear. You keep on keeping on.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm going to ask the same thing I asked in another of your threads: so what? You just keep repeating pretty much the same thing over and over. We understand your position...I guess. And we've made our positions clear. You keep on keeping on.

This is what a poster wrote above

''(Still, there have been a handful of movies depicting Muhammad)''

Since he wrote that, I felt the need to repeat.

Go, write on Google to see the first movie which is from the year 2021, that shows the face of Muhammed.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 06-27-2022 at 03:29 PM..

Old 06-27-2022, 03:27 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
It is irreverence to muslims.

That movie obviously won't be for muslims.
Hence mensa's modifier,

Quote:
Outside of Islam, anyone can play Muhammed. Anyone can draw pictures of him. Anyone can make caricatures of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality