Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 07:15 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Yep; Here is 'Another Gas-lighting' Technique used by the Fanatic; Twisting logic and definition

In a vain attempt to discount your premise, they tell you 'I already solved your problem' (when they haven't solved anything) or they might say 'You're the problem' (not the problem itself).

Its a Game of 'Delinquency' where the aim is to prove 'who's dumber' (in most cases if you just keep quiet, you'll win the argument as the Fanatic has no reasoning or skills in communicating Logic to win an argument).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 07:31 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Yep; Here is 'Another Gas-lighting' Technique used by the Fanatic; Twisting logic and definition

In a vain attempt to discount your premise, they tell you 'I already solved your problem' (when they haven't solved anything) or they might say 'You're the problem' (not the problem itself).

Its a Game of 'Delinquency' where the aim is to prove 'who's dumber' (in most cases if you just keep quiet, you'll win the argument as the Fanatic has no reasoning or skills in communicating Logic to win an argument).

Hmmm... You obviously weren't with the Church Crowd!~

BTW; that's an interesting name you use,..is there any significance to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
By your logic here...since you were the one that can't "just keep quiet", and initiated the thread...you would be the one that lost the contest of proving "who's dumber", right from the jump. Also proving that YOU are the "Fanatic".
And you sure had no reasoning skills...though you are good at communicating that you are having trouble coping with the fact that most all others possess perceptive abilities that you don't.
That is most unfortunate...I will pray for you.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:02 PM

573 posts, read 260,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
By your logic here...since you were the one that can't "just keep quiet", and initiated the thread...you would be the one that lost the contest of proving "who's dumber", right from the jump. Also proving that YOU are the "Fanatic".
And you sure had no reasoning skills...though you are good at communicating that you are having trouble coping with the fact that most all others possess perceptive abilities that you don't.
That is most unfortunate...I will pray for you.
Yes, thank you for your response!

Can anyone answer the original question?

I'd be interested in hearing why fanatics discount the human effort?

Old 07-04-2022, 02:46 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:

Many years ago I painted a classic car, did flawless bodywork, perfect gaps and panel alignment, I painted it black and sanded and buffed it perfectly smooth. And at a very modest price. Then a few months later I had him bring it back for a secondary buff after all the solvents escaped and everything had shrunk down.

When he brought me the car, he threatened me with repainting the whole car because of a small area with microscopic dots from tiny specs of dust that landed there during painting and on black if you really, really looked close you could barely see them. A very microscopic judgement.

I was going to charge 250 bucks for the secondary buff, and I told him I would do the buff, and he could keep his money and we were done.

He flips cars and a guy called me who had been looking at the car to buy, but the price was pretty steep. He asked me if he got a same year and model car if I could do a paint job, just like the one I did on that car and I declined. So, he ended up buying the car and the guy I painted the car for made a minimum of $15,000.00 dollars. Knowing what he paid for it and a pretty good idea of what he had in it. And most of that profit was made on my back.

I had a ton of hard labor in that car. And the only reason I can think of why he did that to me, is because right after I had got it done I was at a car cruise and he came pulling up in the freshly done car and everybody at the show wanted to talk to me. One guy was even standing there saluting me as I left in the car of a friend who brought me. And once I realized that I haven't been to a car show since, because I do my work for my customers benefit and to serve them with the best I can do...

So, after receiving some praise for my work, I got my throat cut. So, if you want to talk about fanatics who discount human effort, there ya go.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:06 PM

573 posts, read 260,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Many years ago I painted a classic car, did flawless bodywork, perfect gaps and panel alignment, I painted it black and sanded and buffed it perfectly smooth. And at a very modest price. Then a few months later I had him bring it back for a secondary buff after all the solvents escaped and everything had shrunk down.

When he brought me the car, he threatened me with repainting the whole car because of a small area with microscopic dots from tiny specs of dust that landed there during painting and on black if you really, really looked close you could barely see them. A very microscopic judgement.

I was going to charge 250 bucks for the secondary buff, and I told him I would do the buff, and he could keep his money and we were done.....
No doubt doing business with the public is tough. People want everything done for free and they want to top shelf quality. If you do custom work I guess you have to pick your customers carefully. Just imagine if he had said to you, " praise God I sold that car you painted and doubled my money" !

Old 07-04-2022, 07:44 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:
No doubt doing business with the public is tough. People want everything done for free and they want to top shelf quality. If you do custom work I guess you have to pick your customers carefully. Just imagine if he had said to you, " praise God I sold that car you painted and doubled my money" !

I would have been very happy for him, because that was my intention when I did the job for him, knowing that he was going to flip the car. I stripped it to bare metal and cut no corners, even knowing that he was going to sell it.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:08 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Yes, thank you for your response!

Can anyone answer the original question?

It was answered...you just don't like the answer.
Since everything occurs by and through God...the human effort is not being discounted by noting God, it is acknowledging The Oneness of Everything, that is God.
Once you get hip to that...you will come to greater understanding.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:43 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Whenever i'm around Christians or other Fanatics, i often hear the phrase 'Praise God' or 'Praise be to God' ~
If they are Muslim, they would say 'God is Great' ... or 'Allah is God' !~

Its usually after hearing some good news or what's interpreted as good news.

The weird thing is i have often heard this phrase after someone has accomplished a significant task~

Fanatics will often say OUT-LOUD 'Praise Jesus' (as if God is listening and watching them 'Virtue Signal'~)____ Wat da ???
  • EX. Johnny fixes Bob's car. Bob might say 'Praise be to God' (not thank you Johnny you're a genius with cars). NOOO...these nuts start ranting about their God in the Sky who gets the credit for 'fixing the car' (poor Johnny).
  • EX 2. Dr. Dale operates on Suzy (the fanatic) and save's her life. A few days later in recovery, Suzy rants out 'Praise be to God'...i am healed. ~ (not thanks Dr.).
???

What's up with Fanatics that they can't give credit where due?
I would venture to say 'they refuse to acknowledge or praise anything that Man himself accomplishes'
  • They don't want 'a Man' to get the credit he deserves...!
Fanatics are so competitive in their Psychosis, they WANT TO TAKE AWAY credit and give it to their Imaginary God?

WHY IS THIS....What does this prove?

Thoughts / Comments ?

So anyone who prays or gives credit to God is a “Fanatic”?

Many people pray to and/or give credit to God, to show docility, meekness and their humbleness to God. This is a classy gesture that many imbeciles don’t understand.

But If anyone believes that praising to and/or giving credit to God makes an individual, a fanatic, then IMO, he probably needs to check with a good psychiatrist before his condition worsens and he shows up in a place of worship with a loaded gun.

IMO, Such psychos should also not be permitted to enter into a sporting events, like a baseball game, cuz he may see and take an adverse action, when an elite professional batter as a “fanatic” when the batter prays God after hitting a home run.

Old 07-04-2022, 11:34 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So anyone who prays or gives credit to God is a “Fanatic”?

Many people pray to and/or give credit to God, to show docility, meekness and their humbleness to God. This is a classy gesture that many imbeciles don’t understand.

But If anyone believes that praising to and/or giving credit to God makes an individual, a fanatic, then IMO, he probably needs to check with a good psychiatrist before his condition worsens and he shows up in a place of worship with a loaded gun.

IMO, Such psychos should also not be permitted to enter into a sporting events, like a baseball game, cuz he may see and take an adverse action, when an elite professional batter as a “fanatic” when the batter prays God after hitting a home run.
I would say that anyone who claims that a person who doesn't believe in the same god they do will go to hell...is a fanatic.

Old 07-11-2022, 05:03 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's just a way of expressing things within some religious cultures. I have a friend who was raised Catholic but then became "born-again" and joined a fundamentalist denomination called The Vineyard. She found satisfaction and happiness in her religion, but like most converts, she was very enthusiastic about it at first. Her speech was riddled with "Praise Jesus" and "Praise God" even when it sounded a little ridiculous, and that's probably just a feature of the church in which she was involved.

"And my son passed his eighth-grade math exam, PRAISE GOD, because he had struggled so with the subject..." things like that. I noticed that as the years went by, she calmed down with that a bit.

Again, it's more of a language thing for people who move in certain circles than anything else. I don't let it annoy me.
Indeed it is a verbal tic and largely cultural. And like a lot of such things, used thoughtlessly enough that people do not stop to think of how hurtful it can be to others.

"Praise God, I was late to work and didn't die with everyone else at the WTC!" (I know you can relate to that one, MQ!)

I wonder how many people read the above quote and wonder what's wrong with it (sigh).

Usually (not always) the people with all the constant spouting of praise are coming from the types of congregations where you are more or less told that your objective is "the victorious Christian life (tm)" where due to your faith, never taking any glory away from god, never being negative or discouraged, god will bless you. So some of this is a sort of relentlessly upbeat / positive jollity you're being taught and if it happens to lift you to a degree out of whatever personal depression / anxiety you have to deal with and you also generally have a more supportive social setting to keep it all going then yes you can be quite excited about it and it might work well for you, at the expense of being some flavor of "annoying" to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality