Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2022, 07:15 AM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I post a philosophical and logical response to a religious claim, and ^^^^THIS irrelevant and dishonest Pavlovian diatribe is all you can respond with?

You may be having fun playing with yourself, but you are making the religious look stupid and dishonest. You are to the religious what the friendship of Brutus was to Caesar.
That's why I stopped arguing with him and put him on ignore...frankly, he does our job for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2022, 07:19 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Obviously not, as you are so riled at opposite views based on honesty and logic, you rely on one of your usual dishonest and irrelevant cut and paste rants instead of attempting to show the error in my argument (good luck with that).

That the religious can not handle honesty and logic is ALSO irrelevant. But once again thank you for mocking and attacking religious people with your friendly fire Pavlonian rants.

We know, and it is STILL irrelevant to my philosophical and logical response to religious claims. THAT is what the TRUTH is.

Also, most believe differently from YOU as respects Theist/Religious beliefs. YOU are even more of a minority than atheists.
That is ALSO what the TRUTH is.
Everybody's Belief is different...no two are exactly alike.
I accept and tolerate all Faith/Beliefs.
You do not "inquire about", or give "logical responses" to Religious Beliefs. You interrogate, insult, & mock...in a very disrespectful way.
I call that out.
You claim you don't even believe that God exists...let alone thinking and doing things.
But...rather than noting the metaphorical and allegorical nature of that Entity in the representative writings...you go off on insulting philippics discussing this supposedly nonexistent God Entity thinking and doing all kind of evil things.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:21 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You do not "inquire about", or give "logical responses" to Religious Beliefs. You interrogate, insult, & mock...in a very disrespectful way.
I call that out.
You claim you don't even believe that God exists...let alone thinking and doing things.
But...rather than noting the metaphorical and allegorical nature of that Entity in the representative writings...you go off on insulting philippics discussing this supposedly nonexistent God Entity thinking and doing all kind of evil things.
There are two separate issues.

1. The metaphorical significance.
2. The validity of calling metaphors Reality.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:32 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
I call that out.
ANOTHER cut and paste irrelevant and dishonest Pavlovian response from you.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
There are two separate issues.

1. The metaphorical significance.
2. The validity of calling metaphors Reality.
Either of those issues: Address those ONLY...with respect.
The interrogations and insulting "Devils Advocate" arguments are employed only to vilify & mock.
If you are assessing & critiquing the thoughts and actions of a Entity that you claim does not exist...you are either completely illogical, or (most likely) ridiculing and mocking.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Either of those issues: Address those ONLY...with respect.
The interrogations and insulting "Devils Advocate" arguments are employed only to vilify & mock.
If you are assessing & critiquing the thoughts and actions of a Entity that you claim does not exist...you are either completely illogical, or (most likely) ridiculing and mocking.
Those two options came from your mind.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
ANOTHER cut and paste irrelevant and dishonest Pavlovian response from you.
In response to the protests from the bully for being called out. Again.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
The most hated religious minority is bullying the vast majority. I think we got a little David and Goliath thing going on.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:54 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Oh no, I used logic and philosophy, what a bully I am.

Hint, Biblical morality, 9th commandment, because apparently in pantheism, being dishonest is in order.

Old 07-18-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's why I stopped arguing with him and put him on ignore...frankly, he does our job for us.
Ignore = Run away, rather then show respect for those with differing beliefs and discuss in a decent manner.
It would appear "your job" is to get yourselves viewed to be on the level of rapists...and you do wonderfully to help maintain that status.
And this is what you do currently...not many hundreds or thousands of years ago, like the writing of The Bible or Inquisitions
It is true that my calling out your constant insolence probably does help you do that job.
It is deserved, in my opinion.
Morally decent people do not bully others constantly, for years.
Over 4 out of 5 are Theist....over half embrace a Abrahamic Religion, and find that it informs them morally. Get used to it, and learn to cope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality