Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2022, 07:01 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,976,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
As usual...you function like a blind man judging a beauty contest.
Nothing can stand up to (cue Michael Buffer voice) THE GREAT ADDDDDDD POP-U-LUMMMMMMM!!
Certainly not things as weak and wimpy by comparison like truth and evidence.
It usually always trounces, crushes, and rolls over them like they aren't even there!
Popularity doesn't necessarily equal Truth...but it does equal MOJO....and MOJO will trounce and crush Truth almost every time.
What is it about "THE REALITY OF HOW THE WORLD REALLY IS" that some people just don't want to face up to? That they don't like the way it is? Some other issues?

Let me give you an analogy: Regardless of the fact that of all the scientific meteorological evidence and "facts" and "truth" against it...I have most people BELIEVING FOR SURE that it is going to snow 2 feet tomorrow in NY City, NY USA.
Now...how is the FACT & TRUTH that it isn't going to snow at all, let alone two feet, going to effect shovel sales if most people believe it's going to snow 2 feet anyway?
See what I mean now?

See, it doesn't matter if Theists are wrong and Atheists are right...or if Atheists are wrong and Theists are right...as respects the effect on the world that 8 to 9 out of 10 of the people that have ever lived embraced Theism!
That a small minority are NonBelievers doesn't mean squat, even if they were/are totally "right"! The FACT that the vast majority DID/DO believe is the TRUTH that matters!

Try this test: Ask Atheists to give up large percentages of their income to promote Atheism...see how you make out with that.
Or, to reeeeeeeally prove the power of Religious Belief over Nonbelief...ask Atheists to DIE in the name and honor of Atheism. You will then KNOW the REAL FACTS as to the power God-Belief has compared to Nonbelief as respects the ability to "move" people.

IT DOESN'T MATTER if the Bible/Christianity or Quran/Islam, or any other Theology etc, is "fake" or "false", or "not correct"...BILLIONS of people have and do believe it...so its overwhelming influence and effect are gonna dominate!
If you are looking for "Facts & Truth"...try THAT fact, cuz it is absolutely true.
That is a lot of irrelevant text to admit almost every other religion AND atheism outnumber pantheist BIIIIIIIIIG TIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!

Even by your own argument you are the loser here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 07:53 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
That is a lot of irrelevant text to admit almost every other religion AND atheism outnumber pantheist BIIIIIIIIIG TIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!

Even by your own argument you are the loser here.
You are wrong...as usual.
Pantheism is Theism. 8 to 9 out of 10 in this world perceive God. That is what's standard & normal.
Pantheism covers all Religions and Theistic Beliefs

From this Forum:
There has been a lot of contention and discussion in the R&S forum over the concept of pantheism. It has been expressed as "The Universe is God", "Reality is God", "God is in everything", "what people think is God is really the biosphere" and so forth. The overarching bucket into which fall of all these views is pantheism, defined by Oxford Languages as :

1. a doctrine which identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.

2. worship that admits or tolerates all gods.

Old 07-14-2022, 10:03 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Pantheism is Theism. 8 to 9 out of 10 in this world perceive God. That is what's standard & normal.

From this Forum:
There has been a lot of contention and discussion in the R&S forum over the concept of pantheism. It has been expressed as "The Universe is God", "Reality is God", "God is in everything", "what people think is God is really the biosphere" and so forth. The overarching bucket into which fall of all these views is pantheism, defined by Oxford Languages as :

1. a doctrine which identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.

Not all religions are based on a circular argument like yours, and of course they are all different in many important ways that go well beyond the general umbrella you seem unable to consider in an objective manner. Heck, you don't even really understand what a circular argument is and/or why it's quite different from the others. I'm signing off now before wasting more key strokes about that sort of thing, but I must say it's hard to believe you cling to these notions the way you do.

These version about all religions is something like saying all political parties and governments are all about politics and in the same way, all about the same thing. About the same truth. How utterly ridiculous is that sort of rationale coupled with a circular argument for a foundation that is even more ridiculous? An amazing thing to see you keep commenting about in the same way regardless all manner of explanation to the contrary.

Here's to not wasting any more time with such today, and to not wasting any more time on the likes into the future as well. My bad this time around yet again, but really?

Old 07-14-2022, 10:18 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:

From this Forum:

Wait a minute... didn't you say atheism is a religion and our Gods name to NOGODAH (kinda mocking BTW)? How are you now accusing us of not being able to perceive God?

Old 07-14-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Pantheism is Theism.
Yep, 0.5% is exactly equal to 79.5%, that is how wrong I am and how correct you are.

Quote:
8 to 9 out of 10 in this world perceive God. That is what's standard & normal
Another false claim from you, most theists believe THEIR god created what you perceive to be a god. They believe in different gods to you.

8 to 9 out of 10 in this world perceive DIFFERENT GODS, most of which are NOT YOUR god.

And this is why people are fascinated by atheism (to get back on topic), we utterly destroy the religious arguments time after time, and they do not like it.

You can laugh at your own childish game, but you are outnumbered at the many rational people laughing at you.

Last edited by Harry Diogenes; 07-14-2022 at 10:33 AM..

Old 07-14-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Wait a minute... didn't you say atheism is a religion and our Gods name to NOGODAH (kinda mocking BTW)? How are you now accusing us of not being able to perceive God?
Yes...the Atheism Religion.
Predicated on the Belief that you have "Disbelief" in the God that doesn't exist (NOGODAH).
And render endless critiques and judgments as respects the conduct and thoughts/attitude of the various Nonexistent God Entities that you "Lack Belief" in.
So...there ya go.

And I explained that my invention of the Atheist Deity "NOGODAH" was a counter to the puerile, mocking Teapot, Invisible Pink Unicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster concoctions.
It was a counter to mocking.

Old 07-14-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yep, 0.5% is exactly equal to 79.5%, that is how wrong I am and how correct you are.

Another false claim from you, most theists believe THEIR god created what you perceive to be a god. They believe in different gods to you.

8 to 9 out of 10 in this world perceive DIFFERENT GODS, most of which are NOT YOUR god.

And this is why people are fascinated by atheism (to get back on topic), we utterly destroy the religious arguments time after time, and they do not like it.

You can laugh at your own childish game, but you are outnumbered at the many rational people laughing at you.
Wrong again.
As usual...you try to argue "Separate Things".
There are no "Separate Things". Everything (including all concepts and manifestations of the Divine) is just One Thing...and it's God.

You not only don't "destroy the Religious arguments"...you basically have no argument. You are just a "Lack".

You all are not considered just a joke...you are so low rated, you are viewed alongside rapists, and on that level.
It is your manner and your ways that have you in that position...but you don't know/don't care, and evidently think that's something to laugh about.

Old 07-14-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Yes...the Atheism Religion.
Predicated on the Belief that you have "Disbelief" in the God that doesn't exist (NOGODAH).
And render endless critiques and judgments as respects the conduct and thoughts/attitude of the various Nonexistent God Entities that you "Lack Belief" in.
So...there ya go.

And I explained that my invention of the Atheist Deity "NOGODAH" was a counter to the puerile, mocking Teapot, Invisible Pink Unicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster concoctions.
It was a counter to mocking.
You invented NOGODAH? I love that dude. I'll buy you a beer sometime.

Old 07-14-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You invented NOGODAH? I love that dude. I'll buy you a beer sometime.
Is he old enough to drink beer?

Old 07-14-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Is he old enough to drink beer?
He's older than dirt which coincidentally I just learned is the root word of both humility and humor.

I ran a Google and got this awesome link.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...stract/1165939
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality