Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2022, 07:42 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
Oh, I missed this post.
And, apparently, missed an advice about why I should stop.
Stop what? Discussing question to atheists in "Ask an atheist...?" thread?

What do you mean?
No your back and forth with Goldie is not about asking an atheist anything, Goldie is not an atheist. There have been several people who have given you advice, even a Mod, as to keeping the thread on topic and the futility of trying to get through to Goldie. You came to the board and zeroed in on the worst specimen of a poster that you could have chosen. Seems you have not read any other posts besides his. If you are reading them you're not comprehending what we've all been saying or you're just ignoring the "advice".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 07:50 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
No your back and forth with Goldie is not about asking an atheist anything, Goldie is not an atheist. There have been several people who have given you advice, even a Mod, as to keeping the thread on topic and the futility of trying to get through to Goldie. You came to the board and zeroed in on the worst specimen of a poster that you could have chosen. Seems you have not read any other posts besides his. If you are reading them you're not comprehending what we've all been saying or you're just ignoring the "advice".
I would not call Golden the worst specimen of a poster, that is harsh. There are several others who fit the bill. Golden is responding exactly how any poster would when interrogated, with patience, intelligence, and courtesy. More than what is expected in this thread.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
QUESTION FOR ATHEISTS:
How long will it take, and how much effort will it require, for any of you to achieve even a small percentage of the intellectual abilities possessed by the "goat herders" that wrote The Bible?
This is an insult in the form of a question. And it's "ancient, ignorant goat herders". Ilene Wright said that. You can quote me on that. You want answers to insults like the above but you're not going to like them.

To answer your insult, there are atheists on this board who are probably members of Mensa because they are brilliant. Unlike the ancient, uneducated, ignorant goat herders that some people worship.

Now to those of you who don't like badgering and harassing atheists....I'm all ears.

Last edited by Northsouth; 08-29-2022 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: edit to subtract

Old 08-29-2022, 08:02 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that is not accurate.

this is a public forum for all to post in.
there are many many readers who very much want to see not only his posts, but all the posts from everyone who cares to contribute and participate.

you (generic you) don't get to tell people not to post. and you (generic you) certainly are not the voice nor do you speak for everyone. you (generic you) only speak for yourself.

Question for Ask an Atheist: Why is it that here on CD (including in this thread) there are atheists who are very keen to share their stories, views, opinions, and beliefs. But when other voices and other views participate in the conversation, they seek to shut those voices down which may be in disagreement, or which may bring a perspective that atheists find not to their liking? Why would anyone on a public discussion forum say things like "no one wants to see their posts" such as in the post above by an atheist? Using that post as an example which is representative of the described behavior which is the subject of this Ask an Atheist question.
In part you're right.
But the specific sub-topic being criticized here is off-topic since they are not asking an atheist. But of course, you stick up for a certain couple of people; so transparent.

Old 08-29-2022, 08:05 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I would not call Golden the worst specimen of a poster, that is harsh. There are several others who fit the bill. Golden is responding exactly how any poster would when interrogated, with patience, intelligence, and courtesy. More than what is expected in this thread.
Since you are always telling people to stay on-topic...what about this post of yours is on-topic?

Old 08-29-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You want patience, intelligence and courtesy? Go to a Culver's. You won't find that here with the fanatical religious. You will however, find that when the initial response is to insult, harass and badger....then you're probably going to get the same in kind. So put away the phony "oh why are you being so mean" bs when it is YOU and the "others" that are constantly insulting and putting down atheism and atheists.

You are just as bad as the rest of your group of back patters.

I took all of you off of ignore. I was tired of the twisted posters before I left and it hasn't taken me long to feel that way again. So the gloves are off, let's just let the insults fly, ok? I mean, isn't that what you want after all? To insult and run everyone away, including new posters? Not a chance in hell will I give you that satisfaction It is very well documented that I'm not the only one who is tired of it.

Seems you (your group) want to argue with me in particular. Alright, you can argue semantics, lay out the insults and I'll even quote scripture! Because I know it, and I will use it to make my point. The "Ask An Atheist" thread is now the "Terrorize, Insult and Attack An Atheist" thread.

There are a couple of stipulations though in order for this constant barrage of attacks to take place:

You will not engage with any other posters besides me if you want to attack in this thread. I can answer politely or....I can begin the insults right after you start with yours.

Want to debate something? I can refer you to the smarter atheist posters here who are well versed in literature, science, mathematics, world religions, world events, history, biology....etc. You can find them in the A&A yourselves. I think those atheists intimidate the posters who insult the most. They have nothing to offer to an intelligent conversation so it's just easier to mock, accuse, condemn and use playground tactics when they are challenged.

I wrote an awesome post to someone in another thread and they never would respond because I challenged them with their own bible. Don't be like that. I might do something unexpected.

If you decide you want to attack someone else besides me, then you can expect this contract to be null and void.

Cb, you really disappoint me.

Old 08-29-2022, 08:41 PM

477 posts, read 125,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
QUESTION FOR ATHEISTS:
If the Atheists on this board are so brilliant, compared to The Bible writers, why have they done nothing of any note that would demonstrate this supposed brilliance, especially as compared to writing the most epic, prolific, and influential Book in human history?
Also...what makes someone tick, to come on a board for Religion and Spirituality and be so disrespectful, derisive, and uncouth to refer to people that they know billions consider exalted & sacred, and that have achieved the greatest feat of literary genius, ever, "uneducated, ignorant, goat herders"?
Do they know doing that is demonstrative of their level of character & class?
This is question to atheists. I'm an atheists, so I guess, I can answer.

I don't consider the book that I, personally, can improve just by adding one sentence to it, all that epic, prolific, and influential. That's an overstatement, to put it mildly.

Just add 11th commandment

Thou shall not hold other human being as property

and this book becomes immensely more morally influential and save countless lives.
Not even mentioning how supremely better this book could become if we start taking some stuff out of it.

Old 08-29-2022, 08:49 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
This is an insult in the form of a question. And it's "ancient, ignorant goat herders". Ilene Wright said that. You can quote me on that. You want answers to insults like the above but you're not going to like them.To answer your insult, there are atheists on this board who are probably members of Mensa because they are brilliant. Unlike the ancient, uneducated, ignorant goat herders that some people worship. Now to those of you who don't like badgering and harassing atheists....I'm all ears.
PART 1 of 2 / in response to post above

Question for Ask an Atheist:
Why is it that when atheists make claims such as these (see bold above as an example of representative behavior we see here on CD by atheists) they (a) fail to provide data, links, or source material. And (b) when they do provide links it fails to support what they are saying, and (c) it often times actually shows the opposite of what they are claiming.

Regarding the specious claim in bold above, let's look at a 2021 article from the Mensa society. It is titled Intelligence and Unbelief: Irreligiosity is NOT intellect's guiding light, great minds prove

"The reason people of profound intelligence don’t always find theism to be irrational is because there is nothing inherently irrational about it. Data on Nobel Prize winners from 1901–2000 shows that only 11 percent of Nobel laureates claimed to be atheists or agnostics. While 65 percent of Nobel laureates made a positive claim of believing in God."

"It’s neither correct nor helpful to frame theism and atheism into a paradigm of intelligence values. It shows an ignorance of religions and those who believe in them — and those who don’t. "

PART 2 of 2 / in response to post above

I am an example of someone who (a) qualifies for Mensa membership, and (b) would never in a million years join, and (c) am a believer. If you consider those eligible for Mensa to be brilliant, thank you for the compliment. As a believer when i go to my local house of worship, in the typical congregation (in any of the three cities I've attended in the last 15 years) on any given Sabbath sitting with me in the service are medical doctors, anthropologist, university professors, physicist, medical researcher, attorneys, plumber, accountant, realtor, print shop owner, chef, school teacher, pharmaceutical rep, import business owner, doctor of oriental medicine, and several black belts in various martial arts.

Another question for Ask an Atheist:
why is it that so many atheists on CD seem unable to post without the crude insults. Nothing makes a person look more (to quote the atheist post shown above) "ignorant and uneducated" and less able to hold a rational conversation, than calling readers by the same tiresome insults posted over and over.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Question for Ask an Atheist:
Why is it that when atheists make claims such as these (see bold above as an example of representative behavior we see here on CD by atheists) they (a) fail to provide data, links, or source material. And (b) when they do provide links it fails to support what they are saying, and (c) it often times actually shows the opposite of what they are claiming.
That is RICH. I've never seen so much twisted around nonsense. This describes you and your ilk, not atheists. We all have provided links and source material, you and your fantasies just don't want to hear things that are rational, logical and reasonable. Nothing has ever failed more miserably than you trying to make atheists look bad. All you are doing is smacking yourself in the face.

Quote:
"It’s neither correct nor helpful to frame theism and atheism into a paradigm of intelligence values. It shows an ignorance of religions and those who believe in them — and those who don’t. "
Then why do you do it? It does show a lack of intelligence on your part. Brainwashing, indoctrination and manipulation are to blame for so many people falling for the biggest hoax of all time....religion. I have two friends who are brilliant but they believe in god because they have been conditioned to do so. So, I used to be stupid once but since I stopped being a Fundamentalist and became an atheist I'm super smart. Unlike those ancient ignorant goat herders.

Quote:
I am an example of someone who (a) qualifies for Mensa membership, and (b) would never in a million years join, and (c) am a believer. If you consider those eligible for Mensa to be brilliant, thank you for the compliment. As a believer when i go to my local house of worship, in the typical congregation (in any of the three cities I've attended in the last 15 years) on any given Sabbath sitting with me in the service are medical doctors, anthropologist, university professors, physicist, medical researcher, attorneys, plumber, accountant, realtor, print shop owner, chef, school teacher, pharmaceutical rep, import business owner, doctor of oriental medicine, and several black belts in various martial arts.
Here's MY response:

Whoop-di-doo!!!! Oh my y'all, we've been in the presence of a freaking genius. But she is too smart to be a Member of Mensa I didn't say anything of the sort. I said "members" of Mensa, not those who just think they are smart enough to be a member.

See what I mean folks? Look what we're dealing with.

Quote:
Another question for Ask an Atheist:
why is it that so many atheists on CD seem unable to post without the crude insults. Nothing makes a person look more (to quote the atheist post shown above) "ignorant and uneducated" and less able to hold a rational conversation, than calling readers by the same tiresome insults posted over and over.
LOL you want to talk tiresome? You're accusing atheists of doing the very thing that you're doing. And you are the one, and your groupies, who cause the problems in this forum. Anyone ever told you that it was them and not you? They lied.

Any reasonable, non-insulting questions or statements? I may not be as smot as you, but I can be just as snide and insulting as you. Stop with the all "innocent' bs, you started this. Do you have anything to say that isn't condescending and insulting?

Old 08-29-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
This is question to atheists. I'm an atheists, so I guess, I can answer.
Sure you can! That's the spirit. Wasn't sure what particular brand of coffee you were drinking. At least you're not drinking the kool-aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality