Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2022, 09:28 AM

477 posts, read 122,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
This "Ask an Atheist" question has not yet been addressed.

maybe you can clarify what is meant by "fake chi energy" .
are you saying that you believe chi is fake?
and that there is no such thing as chi because "it is just mechanics and muscle control"?
That is the question for anyone in this "Ask an Atheist" thread. Is it your view that chi is fake?

I'll be happy to address this point.
All I need is to make sure our definitions are in order.

Do you define chi energy like this?

the energy of life itself, a balance of Yin and Yang, positive and negative, electromagnetic energy which flows through everything in creation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 09:30 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,301,683 times
Quote:
because it does not represent my views.

sharing views on a discussion forum is not imposing religion on anyone.
You need to read your own posts then. You certainly do not walk the talk. You come across as the exact opposite of what you claim, very divisive, intolerant and anti unity

And where did I say that sharing views is imposing religion on anyone?

Old 08-22-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
This "Ask an Atheist" question has not yet been addressed.

maybe you can clarify what is meant by "fake chi energy" .
are you saying that you believe chi is fake?
and that there is no such thing as chi because "it is just mechanics and muscle control"?
That is the question for anyone in this "Ask an Atheist" thread. Is it your view that chi is fake?
As the claim fake Chi energy is not a part of atheism I truly cannot answer that question. I do not know if Chi energy is real. I have done Tai Chi and still cannot answer.

But the person who wrote that his wife could take Chi energy did not claim that Chi energy is fake hence you are once again misrepresenting an atheist post to mean something that was not stated.

Things that exist can be faked. If an organism can be faked does that mean it does not exist. A fake punt in football does not mean that punts do not exist.

You certainly look for any way to attack, didmiss or mock atheists. Like I said above you do not walk the talk which is why you fall over yourself cheering on Goldie who only does that and nothing more.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:43 AM

477 posts, read 122,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post

Question to the Atheists: Why do you engage in Hate Speech (and keep it up for years) against the Faithful simply because they are Religious? Do you realize that's discriminatory?

I am an atheists and I don't engage in hate speech. Also, I can not recall ever hearing a hate speech driven by atheism.

Do you realize that your generalization is fallacious?

Old 08-22-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Atheists are one of the protected classes in the US under the umbrella of freedom of religion and expression.
Obama, who was deeply religious, signed the bill.
Have you ever asked yourself from whom do atheists need to be protected from in this context?

And Obama was a great example of a deeply religious person who respected others regardless of which religion or no religion that they had and did not impose his personal religious beliefs upon others. And faced backlash from religious people.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
If you are unable to even understand my question I see no possibility of any kind of communication with you due to my lack of skill in writing English.
That is the most ignorant statement I have ever read on any forum my life. Communications require a back and forth including requests for clarification.

I did not want to answer the question without a clarification because I wanted to give you the most accurate answer I could but had some uncertainty about the exact nature of your query.

Old 08-22-2022, 10:20 AM

5,893 posts, read 3,770,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
"Cool and super smart" is hardly a basis for deciding where metaphysical truth is to be found.

Many of the greatest minds in human history have been deists and theists.

The notion that atheists have "no agenda" is simply false.

The "just disbelief for lack of evidence" stance is the oldest, tiredest atheist ploy.

Few atheists have done any serious study of deism or theism or have any real notion of the evidence, inferences and arguments supporting deistic and theistic belief.

There is certainly more evidence for a deity than for the absence of a deity.

That would be a good question for an atheist: "What precisely is your evidence - your evidence - for the nonexistence of a deity?"
You're a newbie so I'll take it easy on you.

As an atheist, the burden of proof falls on you because you are making the god claims. There is nothing to prove or disprove as an atheist. Agnostic Atheists, not radicals who are few and far between, do not have an agenda. Why do you say that is false? Have you had any real life experiences with atheists?

Where do you get your incorrect information? There is no more evidence for a deity than there is unicorns.

What is it the supposed agenda that we have? Atheist ploy? Sounds a little paranoid to me.

Old 08-22-2022, 10:21 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,941,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
That is the most ignorant statement I have ever read on any forum my life. Communications require a back and forth including requests for clarification.

I did not want to answer the question without a clarification because I wanted to give you the most accurate answer I could but had some uncertainty about the exact nature of your query.
You are a lucky man if that was the most ignorant statement you have ever read on any forum in your entire life. I have seen many and have answered many. Thank you for the compliment btw.

Old 08-22-2022, 10:27 AM

50,469 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
I am an atheists and I don't engage in hate speech. Also, I can not recall ever hearing a hate speech driven by atheism.

Do you realize that your generalization is fallacious?
Some of us atheists can be unpleasant at times; I know I can be. But that is not the same as hate speech. Besides which, there are few things more hateful than a christian telling someone that if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior, they are going to hell. What is more hateful than condemning someone to hell?

Old 08-22-2022, 10:30 AM

5,893 posts, read 3,770,347 times
Quote:
Here is a question for Atheists. Why is it important for Atheists that all religions stay in their lanes? That all their minor and major differences is never forgotten, but highlighted? Why is it important for them to believe in hell?
I ask because dont atheists feel relieved of all these tensions which they never have to deal with as atheists? questions for any atheist.
Well cb, since this IS the Ask an Atheist thread I will be more than happy to answer your questions. It's not about all religions staying in their lanes. The lines are so blurred with religion that none of us really know who we're talking to and how they think or believe. There are religious people on this board who have also claimed they are atheists. Now that's a head scratcher.

What do you mean by "Why is it important for 'them' (I'm assuming you mean atheists)to believe in hell?" I don't think any atheist believes in hell.

And I'm sorry, but your last question is uh, confusing? Look at it again. Get back to me on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality