U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 11:16 PM

14,316 posts, read 3,441,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
ohhhh.. Thanks!
So science is now telling you that God's mode of communication via "voices in the head" is well documented phenomenon, or it's the "other voices"? How does science differentiate between the two?
Why are you asking me, I just provided the method for you to search for answers?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 11:17 PM

59,225 posts, read 34,969,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I am sorry that has been your experience. I guess that is the nature of forums such these. we find we vibe with some, dont with some, and neutral with the rest.
I find Tzap’s posts always interesting and informative. She communicates well and has interesting thoughts. I am glad she posts.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:26 AM

4,545 posts, read 3,051,334 times
Quote:
I am sorry that has been your experience. I guess that is the nature of forums such these. we find we vibe with some, dont with some, and neutral with the rest.
I find Tzap’s posts always interesting and informative. She communicates well and has interesting thoughts. I am glad she posts.
Communicates well with her own kind, I guess. Over the years, it didn't matter whether I was a christian or atheist, she's always insulted me and picked apart my posts. I know how this board works. Anyone outside of your little religious circle gets, well, crucified so to speak. If she doesn't like me or my posts then she should hit that ignore button.

Beats the hell out of making herself look bad.

Old 08-13-2022, 11:28 PM

19,488 posts, read 17,008,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Communicates well with her own kind, I guess. Over the years, it didn't matter whether I was a christian or atheist, she's always insulted me and picked apart my posts. I know how this board works. Anyone outside of your little religious circle gets, well, crucified so to speak. If she doesn't like me or my posts then she should hit that ignore button. Beats the hell out of making herself look bad.
so you advocate speaking up and speaking out when there are views you yourself disagree with;
but when others disagree with your views, then you say they should "hit the ignore button."

double standard.
again.

disagreeing with views presented does not make anyone look bad.
calling others "dirt bags" however does.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-14-2022 at 12:05 AM..

Old 08-13-2022, 11:45 PM

14,316 posts, read 3,441,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
so you advocate speaking up and speaking out when there are views you yourself disagree with;
but when others disagree with your views, then you say they should "hit the ignore button."

double standard.
again.
Another attack.
Again.

There is a difference between having a valid difference in opinion, and constantly being attacked simply because you do not like uncomfortable truths, or because you have some strange need to simply start a fight.

Quote:
calling others "dirtbags" however does.
You forgot arrogantly telling people they do not know what they are talking about, another speciality of yours.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Another attack.
Again.

There is a difference between having a valid difference in opinion, and constantly being attacked simply because you do not like uncomfortable truths, or because you have some strange need to simply start a fight.

You forgot arrogantly telling people they do not know what they are talking about, another speciality of yours.
Ditto! That's all I've been trying to say about Tzaphkiel, she attacks and picks out things from your posts to use against you when you disagree. Definitely needs to work on those people skills. I notice she quotes herself and then posts more scripture. Really? Who reads that? Isn't that a little arrogant? Asking for a friend.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:56 PM

10,669 posts, read 5,399,975 times
Quote:

double standard.
again.

calling others "dirt bags" however does.
Quote:
Another attack.
Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Ditto! That's all I've been trying to say about Tzaphkiel, she attacks and picks out things from your posts to use against you when you disagree. Definitely needs to work on those people skills. I notice she quotes herself and then posts more scripture. Really? Who reads that? Isn't that a little arrogant? Asking for a friend.
Tzaphkiel notes and calls out attacks...that is a counter, a defense, not a "attack" in itself.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:58 PM

12,317 posts, read 4,658,633 times
Quote:
Another attack.
Again.

A very self-aware post. First step towards a better self. Congratulations.

Old 08-14-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Matter of fact, we should ask the atheists to “bring the evidence” of these voices in their heads, or else we follow the suit that “lack of evidence” means the voices don’t exist.
Hmmm, that's a thinker Haha I like that.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:21 AM

25,358 posts, read 7,019,041 times
Quote:
Actually, or and of makes a lot difference, not immaterial. If Learme had said “Other voice of God” that opens up a whole lot of space to examine. Does God speak to him in different voices? He is only wondering if the voice he hears is God’s.
Golden is right about Tzap. She is very smart. She was not picking nits.
But hit the ignore button if you need to. It is there for a reason.
Actually, I have never wondered if the "other voice" is God's, except perhaps back when I was a young lad. I've just noted how easy it is for those so inclined to think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality