Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 09:36 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Have you studied the sheer size of the Universe? How do you explain the extremely large size with nothing spiritually or physically alive out there?
How do you explain it WITH spiritually or physically alive out there, considering most of the universe is not friendly to life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
If you are an atheist, wouldn't you have some sort of explanation on how life came about on Earth? Seems odd you would just say it happened and we can't explain it.
We can not explain the how, but all the different theories are based on scientific facts. We are not the ones who can not explain how it happened, that is the religious, who simply assert a god did it somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 03:59 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
How do you explain it WITH spiritually or physically alive out there, considering most of the universe is not friendly to life?

We can not explain the how, but all the different theories are based on scientific facts. We are not the ones who can not explain how it happened, that is the religious, who simply assert a god did it somehow.
God did do it. Anything and Everything is created and/or occurs by and through God (Reality/All That Is).

Anything that humans find out about "how it happened" is just finding out how God functioned and is comprised.
It also doesn't/wouldn't matter if we never figured that out.
It IS what it is, and how it is...regardless.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:34 PM

^^^^ yet to show reality is a god (which should be done in the pantheism thread).

Old 08-18-2022, 05:05 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
^^^^ yet to show reality is a god (which should be done in the pantheism thread).
Ahhhhhh...yes. Invoke the "Pantheism Thread" sequester...to shield you from your "lack".
I did not mention the Pantheist Religion...I just noted the relationship of The Universe/Us/and God...as per the thread.
God definitively comports with Reality...and humankind has recognized Reality (The Universe/All That Is/Nature/Etc) as "God" for longer than any other manifestation of The Divine.
It is a common/normal/standard perception among humans...except for a few that are deficient in that regard (like the blind relative to the normal sighted).

Old 08-19-2022, 12:36 AM

10,480 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:

You can keep coming up with scientific research, but there will never be answers to everything and science will never lead to an absolute confirmation, its just a fruitless excercise.

As a born again Christian, you can actually feel the Holy Spirit. That in itself is enough evidence, once your experience it that there is whole other spiritual dimension out there we will never have answers for from a human scientific standpoint.

Old 08-19-2022, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
You can keep coming up with scientific research, but there will never be answers to everything and science will never lead to an absolute confirmation, its just a fruitless excercise.
Which is even more of a problem for your position. If only you applied that 'level of confidence' argument to your alternative.

Your problem is scientific findings can be tested, and so far it has always been naturalism, never a god doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
As a born again Christian, you can actually feel the Holy Spirit. That in itself is enough evidence, once your experience it that there is whole other spiritual dimension out there we will never have answers for from a human scientific standpoint.
Which is evidence for you, not for others. It is also a problem when other religious believers feel their gods presence, which must mean their religion is also true, and by logical extension, yours must be false. That is the problem experiencing something you can not verify, and that provides no answers to the big questions.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:44 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
From what I learned is that the vastness of the universe where the spirit of man is there is only one realm of God, as there are other realms of God there are other spirit where the realm of the universe is not seen, Through the bible there are three realms which are the realm of the universe, the realm of the flesh, the realm of the high places, the realm of the supernatural of God ...... The spirits in each are incompatible with other realm and the spirit of each cannot be seen in other realm except, with some power, spirits can visit other realms ...... The realms of the universe, the flesh, the High places are now stuck to the earth under the power of God where the realms of the supernatural God can go beyond the realm of the universe of the earth is

Old 08-20-2022, 04:24 AM

3,121 posts, read 1,010,081 times
Quote:
It is also a problem when other religious believers feel their gods presence, which must mean their religion is also true, and by logical extension, yours must be false. That is the problem experiencing something you can not verify, and that provides no answers to the big questions.
Not really. There are many paths to finding God. Different saints reached the goal in different ways. Some with contemplation, others with devotion, others with meditation and Pranayama techniques etc.

If Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and others would get together to have a conversation (on CD for instance ), they would get along just fine.

What I did (because I nedeed proof of God's existence, I have a rational mind) is to experiment. So I started to meditate. Using different techniques, breathing exercises, reading about saints and avatars, everything that I could find. But I had to experiment to see if I get any proof, any results. Because reading about it was interesting but it also sounded like SF to me.

One doesn't need to believe in anything in order to experiment and to start meditating. At least you can say that you tried.

Last edited by farm108; 08-20-2022 at 04:40 AM..

Old 08-20-2022, 05:10 AM

412 posts, read 137,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
Not really. There are many paths to finding God. Different saints reached the goal in different ways. Some with contemplation, others with devotion, others with meditation and Pranayama techniques etc.

If Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and others would get together to have a conversation (on CD for instance ), they would get along just fine.

What I did (because I nedeed proof of God's existence, I have a rational mind) is to experiment. So I started to meditate. Using different techniques, breathing exercises, reading about saints and avatars, everything that I could find. But I had to experiment to see if I get any proof, any results. Because reading about it was interesting but it also sounded like SF to me.

One doesn't need to believe in anything in order to experiment and to start meditating. At least you can say that you tried.
There doesn't seem to be any desire to engage in self-meditation or exploration. The total focus seems dependent on the next person to the point of anger and hostility.

Old 08-20-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
Not really. There are many paths to finding God.
So experiencing other gods is a path to your god?

How does that work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality